Spiral Fluted AR Finished

stealthman

I've always wanted a spiral fluted AR barrel and found one the other day here on the classifieds. Hadn't saved up for it or planned on buying one now, but I had the lower sitting here already and liked the look of the upper. Haven't seen one quite like it before and I don't currently have an AR in .223. Barrel is 24" spiral fluted stainless with integrated compensator chambered in .223. The fluting goes the full length of the barrel and the handguard is fluted as well. Lower is a Tactical Innovations with RRA LPK, Ergo grip and RRA operator collapsible stock. Trigger is an RRA mil-spec that I did my own trigger job on and got it to a crisp 3lbs with no creep. Burris PEPR 1" mount and a cheap Tasco scope. Need to replenish the gun fund before I scope it properly. Bought the mount at Cabelas with my points and we are finishing our back yard, so I waited on the scope and robbed this one off an air rifle I had. It should work for now though. Just got the rifle together Thursday and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but will post a range report once I get it figured out.
Spiral1.jpg

Spiral2.jpg

Spiral3.jpg

Rob: I would love to go to the rat shoot with you guys. I think it's only a few hours from here. We might be on a job in Montana at the time. If I can buy my ticket at the gate, I may be able to make it depending on work.

Tim: I'll probably put a Vortex Viper Pst on it eventually.

"The drill bit". That is cool. Viper PST is a nice scope for the money. Would love to put one on my AR too. Looking forward to the range report.

Another vote for, "The Drill Bit"
grin.gif

There`s some fancy ($) machine work on that sucker!
Bummer when the `gun fund` is on empty.

Originally Posted By: greenhornet-1Looks Great!!! Do know who did the barrel??

I'm not sure who did the machining work. Wish I did though. I'd have them do some more.

Back