New Specialized Dynamics Arrived (Range Report Added)

stealthman

Scott contacted me last week to let me know my 6mm WOA rifle was done. This one started out as just an upper, but he had another guy back out of a build and had a matched upper and lower set that I couldn't pass up. Rifle has the standard heavy profile 22" barrel with a Midwest Industries free float tube. Upper and lower receiver are a matched MEGA Machine set. Standard stock and grip for now, but I plan on an ACE skeleton or RRA Operator soon and an Ergo grip. Trigger is a Jard single stage 1.5lb. These are tricky triggers to adjust and get right and Scott nailed it perfectly. Burris PEPR 30mm mount and a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50 scope to top it off. I got the reloading dies from Scott as well and sized 100 pieces of brass this morning. Hopefully will have some time by next weekend to get a few on paper. Scott did an absolutely amazing job on this rifle. Fit and finish are perfect. Rifle came shipped in a hard case 2nd Day Air FedEx to my FFL. Couldn't be more pleased. I can't wait to go make some noise with it. I'll update with range report soon.
6mmWOA.jpg

Last edited:
Your killin' me here, wheres the range report
laugh.gif

Hopefully mine gets done this week, then I'll have a few months to dial it in and smack some P Dogs before it's back to the coyotes

enjoy your new toy, any idea what powder or bullets your going to try?

I got some loaded yesterday, but had yard stuff to do and turkey hunting, so no shooting yet. I'm going to try a 65gr vmax over benchmark powder with rem 7 1/2 primer in SSA brass. After seeing Kerry Carvers range report a while back, I'll probably start somewhere close to his load.

Originally Posted By: stealthmanAfter seeing Kerry Carvers range report a while back, I'll probably start somewhere close to his load.

Mine really shoots with benchmark and the 65's I'll bet yours will also. I'm really looking forward to hear your range report
thumbup.gif

I picked up a box or 87 grain bergers to start with I have everything ready to go Just need the dies and the upper and I'll be ready to roll. If the 87's don't work then I'll drop down to the 65's

I had a chance to try out a few loads. Here was the one that shot best at 100 yards. 29.0 gr of Benchmark with a 65 gr Vmax and Rem 7 1/2 primers in SSA brass. Same load as Kerry's I think. I pulled the second shot to the high left, so I just ran the entire mag out on the group. There are 15 shots. Two just grazed the target on the right. Not bad for a new rifle.
WOATarget.jpg

I started at 28.5 and worked up to 29.5. 28.7 shot three in one teeny hole, but had two fliers. I am going to try that one again, just to make sure. Everything over 29.0 started to open up and 29.5 started to show signs of pressure with light ejector marks, so I quit. I'm going to load a few more and try again today with chrono.

I took it out again today with some loads within 1/10th of a grain of each other to fine tune. Still have a couple more powders to try, but here's the targets using Benchmark and 64gr Vmax:
photo.jpg

Bottom left: 28.7gr
Bottom Right: 28.8gr
Top Right: 28.9gr
Top Left: 29.0gr
Center: 29.1gr

I'm still going to try a few with Varget and H4895 when I get the time.

What is your OAL measurement Kerry? This is going to be fun on coyotes this fall. Might have to try out a few ground hogs in the meantime.

Back