We'll Only Suspend Gun Rights For A Few Days

azmastablasta

Seems to me they've appointed a real dumass to run the show here. If he really wanted that additional layer of security he would require everyone in attendance to carry a firearm.

Tampa may seek Gov. Rick Scott's help keeping guns away from RNC protests

By Richard Danielson, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Friday, April 20, 2012

TAMPA — Frustrated by a Florida law that blocks all local regulation of guns, Mayor Bob Buckhorn expects to reach out to Gov. Rick Scott for help keeping concealed firearms away from protests during the Republican National Convention.

The 2011 state law pre-empts the ability of cities and counties to pass any laws regulating firearms or ammunition.

So while Tampa plans to ban a wide range of weapons (clubs, switchblades, Mace) and things that could be used as weapons (chains, glass bottles, water pistols) outside the convention, it cannot prohibit guns carried with a concealed weapons permit.

Buckhorn anticipates sending Scott a letter soon asking the state to explore a way to suspend the law temporarily during the Aug. 27–30 convention. He hopes that would create a way to ban concealed weapons inside the city's proposed "Clean Zone," which covers downtown and surrounding areas.

"The absurdity of banning squirt guns but not being able to do anything about real guns is patently obvious," Buckhorn said Thursday. "Given the nature and the potential dynamic of this event, I think it would make sense that you would not want firearms introduced into that environment by people other than law enforcement."

Whether the governor could — or would — do anything to help the city is not clear. Scott's press office did not respond to an inquiry from the Times late Thursday afternoon.

City Attorney James Shimberg Jr. said he's looking into the issue.

"I'm working on it and trying to figure out what we can do," Shimberg said. "I'm not sure if it's doable yet."

Buckhorn, a Democrat, said he doubts the Republican-controlled Legislature would be called to Tallahassee for a special session on this issue. But if a special session were called on something else, he would hope that the issue would at least be raised.

Buckhorn also is open to executive branch action, which is why he's looking to Scott.

"It's an issue that is serious enough that I think he would want to at least be advised of it," he said. "We just want to put it on his radar and ask that he try and create some remedy for it."

In the event of an emergency beyond local control, Florida law does allow the governor to issue executive orders that have the force and effect of law. Among the powers conferred upon the governor in emergencies is the authority to "suspend or limit the sale, dispensing or transportation of alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives and combustibles."

There will be one place during the convention where concealed weapons will be banned regardless of what the state does or doesn't do in response to the city's request: inside the convention itself.

That's because the Secret Service will control access to the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the site of the convention, and it has said no one but on-duty law enforcement officers will be allowed to take guns into the event.

Shimberg said he has not officially asked the Secret Service whether it would consider expanding its authority to cover a larger area around the convention. But based on previous conversations, Shimberg expects the Secret Service will remain focused on the area inside the secure perimeter that it sets around the convention, leaving the city responsible for the area outside the perimeter. That's why it's proposing the Clean Zone ordinance, he said.

One legal expert said such an expansion of federal authority would be possible but is not likely.

The supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution gives the Secret Service the authority to ban guns inside the convention even though Florida law trumps the city's authority to regulate them elsewhere, said Michael L. Seigel, a University of Florida Research Foundation professor of law. The supremacy clause makes the Constitution and the national laws made pursuant to it the "supreme law of the land."

So, no matter what Florida law says, as long as the Secret Service points to a law giving it the authority to carry out its mission, it can prevent people from carrying concealed weapons into the convention.

Theoretically, Seigel said, the Secret Service could expand the geographic reach of its authority and ban concealed weapons throughout the city's Clean Zone, too, as long as agents could connect that expansion to the legitimate pursuit of their lawful authority.

And Seigel has seen something like that happen on a small scale. He once went to a rally for then-presidential candidate Bill Clinton at Hillsborough High School.

There, the Secret Service ringed a couple of blocks around the school with school buses and had everyone enter that perimeter through a metal detector.

But chances are slim that the agency would do the same for the much larger Clean Zone, which, as originally proposed, would cover several square miles.

A former federal prosecutor, Seigel doubted that the Secret Service would get involved with a public safety matter happening a long distance from the VIPs its agents are required to protect.

Buckhorn said he simply wants "the ability to control our streets for that week."

"I've got a responsibility," said Buckhorn, a gun owner who has had a concealed weapons permit of his own. "I'm the guy who's going to have to make it work. Anything we can do to add one more level of security, one more level of safety for the people who are here is a good thing."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/ta...ns-away/1225987

Uhmmmmm... Yes it would jump, however if you go back up to the top of that article, and reread the Mayor's political affiliation, that may shed some light on the situation!

These domorat idiots just can't seem to get a handle on it can they? Always running their mouths trying to make up a non existant issue.

Originally Posted By: coyote6974These domorat idiots just can't seem to get a handle on it can they? Always running their mouths trying to make up a non existant issue.

Oh wow, where do I start? Democrats and the making up of non exitent issues - before you insult someone, learn to spell!

Also, it stands to reason that one might get their news from an unbiased source. Clearly, the NRA has special interest involved. After all, what would the NRA be without gun rights? Now, when I say it is ideal to get your news for an unbiased source, this does not include Fox News - otherwise known as FAUX NEWS. You will not only get biased information at Faux, but you'll also get straight out lies. How they are allowed to report the things that they do is beyond me. Of course, their audience is filled with people who are not willing to think for themselves, research facts and form their own decisions. Sheeple. Try NPR, try BBC, MSNBC is also not bad!

As far as someone wanting to take gun rights away - really? Seriously? Now, think about that. Not only is one little senator unable to just up and decide for him or herself what will and won't be (please remember there is a democratic process to such things), but how in the heck do you think they would enforce such laws? Is someone going to go door to door and collect all these guns? Do you know how many guns are in this country? The FBI; which unlike many sources should be counted as reliable, say that there are over 200 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country. Is there going to be a weekend project that we'll call "Bring your guns" bonfire? Nah. I don't think so. It is our right to own and bear arms. Nothing is going to change. Stop worrying yourselves silly over nonsense.

Relax Republicans - you have a black president - President Obama (fine man!) and guess what? All the crazy stuff the NRA and Faux warned you would happen hasn't, has it? Four years later and you still have your guns, still have your rights and if the darn GOP would allow it it's likely you would have even MORE rights.

Don't talk about politics unless you know the facts. Otherwise you look ridiculous.
So coyote6974 the next time you want to fill out an India Delta 10 T form , be sure you do it properly.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Originally Posted By: coyote6974These domorat idiots just can't seem to get a handle on it can they? Always running their mouths trying to make up a non existant issue.

Oh wow, where do I start? Democrats and the making up of non exitent issues - before you insult someone, learn to spell!

Also, it stands to reason that one might get their news from an unbiased source. Clearly, the NRA has special interest involved. After all, what would the NRA be without gun rights? Now, when I say it is ideal to get your news for an unbiased source, this does not include Fox News - otherwise known as FAUX NEWS. You will not only get biased information at Faux, but you'll also get straight out lies. How they are allowed to report the things that they do is beyond me. Of course, their audience is filled with people who are not willing to think for themselves, research facts and form their own decisions. Sheeple. Try NPR, try BBC, MSNBC is also not bad!

As far as someone wanting to take gun rights away - really? Seriously? Now, think about that. Not only is one little senator unable to just up and decide for him or herself what will and won't be (please remember there is a democratic process to such things), but how in the heck do you think they would enforce such laws? Is someone going to go door to door and collect all these guns? Do you know how many guns are in this country? The FBI; which unlike many sources should be counted as reliable, say that there are over 200 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country. Is there going to be a weekend project that we'll call "Bring your guns" bonfire? Nah. I don't think so. It is our right to own and bear arms. Nothing is going to change. Stop worrying yourselves silly over nonsense.

Relax Republicans - you have a black president - President Obama (fine man!) and guess what? All the crazy stuff the NRA and Faux warned you would happen hasn't, has it? Four years later and you still have your guns, still have your rights and if the darn GOP would allow it it's likely you would have even MORE rights.

Don't talk about politics unless you know the facts. Otherwise you look ridiculous.
So coyote6974 the next time you want to fill out an India Delta 10 T form , be sure you do it properly.

Just guessing you are a democrat, right? As far as getting your facts right Our Black President is 50% white, 40+ % Arab, and 12% black African. But I guess that makes him black, but really he looks more brown to me. As far as the MSM goes didn't NBC alter the Zimmerman tape to change the meaning of what was said. Of course they did. That's just one of many outright fabrications the MSM has fed you. Can you document any lies Fox News has reported?

In regards to gun rights that are 'not under the radar', Hillary, O's Sec of State is endorsing the UN's Small Arms Treaty which will put our gun rights under UN control. You do now the UN's position on guns, right?

Last edited:
Wow, where do I start? Well, well, well, I see HB has been recruiting over at the Democratic Underground site. Right out of the chute, first post you begin by claiming to be our pet spelling cop, and slinging the insults you claim to dislike. Thanks for quickly removing all doubt about your pitiful outlook, questionable IQ and feeling of superiority. You will not find much sympathy here. As HB has probably told you, we try to be a friendly place where all philosophies are welcome. We do not welcome trolls coming here to attack our longstanding members. Your choice, you can play nice or we can be every bit as ugly as you.

OK!! NEW fodder for the truth.

Welcome aboard UR; enjoy the ride.

You won't find any lazy, dependent, lying conservatives here.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Originally Posted By: coyote6974These domorat idiots just can't seem to get a handle on it can they? Always running their mouths trying to make up a non existant issue.

If you write a sentence telling someone to learn to spell, be sure spelling errors are non-existent in your sentence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FrontiersmanOriginally Posted By: UR8^Originally Posted By: coyote6974These domorat idiots just can't seem to get a handle on it can they? Always running their mouths trying to make up a non existant issue.

If you write a sentence telling someone to learn to spell, be sure spelling errors are non-existent in your sentence.

+1

And, you go AZBlaster, get that Troll!

Welcome to Predator Masters, UR8^!
Congratulations on the very creative handle you have chosen. UR8^ is so very appropriate, as you certainly are!
Originally Posted By: UR8^

I am surprised that, being as clever in phonetics as you are, you did not understand that coyote6974’s “domorat” is not a spelling error, but a clever play on phonetics; let me explain. Phonetic pronunciation of domorat would be dom – o – rat, or dumb o rat. Pretty cute, huh?

Since it is obvious that your intention in joining our merry band is obviously to lead us out of the wilderness, as d e m o c r a t s (intentionally spelled slowly), are so specially qualified (in their minds) to do, let’s examine your talking points.

Originally Posted By: UR8^ Now, when I say it is ideal to get your news for an unbiased source, this does not include Fox News - otherwise known as FAUX NEWS. You will not only get biased information at Faux, but you'll also get straight out lies. How they are allowed to report the things that they do is beyond me. Of course, their audience is filled with people who are not willing to think for themselves, research facts and form their own decisions. Sheeple. Try NPR, try BBC, MSNBC is also not bad!

As for factual reporting, wasn’t it NBC that was recently forced to admit to intentionally altering the Zimmerman 911 tape in order to put their own spin on the issue? I thought so. Now whose audience is it that is filled with non-thinkers?

Originally Posted By: UR8^As far as someone wanting to take gun rights away - really? Seriously? Now, think about that.

Matter of fact, I believe that was your very own “President Obama (fine man!)", sometimes known around these parts by his pet name of 0 (so as not to confuse you, let me explain. 0 is another play on phonetics, the number 0 being very similar to O (for Obama) sometimes spelled out as Zero).
Now that we have the terminology sufficiently explained, I will continue support my claim above:

Quote:

Obama's record on 2nd Amendment

January 19, 2009

The following information was compiled from various sources.
Obama's Past record
1998-1999

Obama votes against a bill that specifically allows homeowners the right to use a gun in self-defense during a home invasion. The Illinois Governor vetoes the bill; Obama votes to uphold the veto.

In 1999, Obama proposes increasing Illinois firearm and ammunition excise taxes by 500 percent. (For example, a $55 tax on a $500 rifle would increase to $330.) The tax would thus change from a fee to fund wildlife preservation programs into a gun-punishing penalty.

Obama sought moderate gun control measures, such as a 2000 bill he cosponsored to limit handgun purchases to one per month (it did not pass). He voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense. Source: The Improbable Quest, by John K. Wilson, p.148 Oct 30, 2007

2002-2003
Obama votes to make a criminal out of a homeowner who used a gun in his own defense in his own home. While a State Senator, Obama votes for a bill that would ban most hunting rifles, shotguns, and target rifles; the bill would also authorize the Illinois State Police to raid homes and forcibly confiscate banned guns.

Obama votes four times during his Illinois State Senate career against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of his home and family.

Obama votes, in 2003, for a bill that classifies most single-shot and double-barreled shotguns as "semi-automatic assault weapons" and bans them, along with hundreds of models of rifles and handguns. (Had the bill had passed, Illinois residents would have had 90 days to turn their guns in or face felony charges.)

In 2004, Obama says he is "…consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry," and that he would back "federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement." [444]

In March, 2004, Obama votes to allow prosecution of citizens who use guns for self-defense in their own homes (SB 2165).

Obama proposes legislation prohibiting gun stores from operating within five miles of a school or a park; inasmuch as most communities have schools and parks scattered widely throughout their areas, the legislation would effectively ban gun stores.

Obama voted for a bill in the Illinois senate that allowed retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed weapons. If there was any issue on which Obama rarely deviated, it was gun control. He was the most strident candidate when it came to enforcin and expanding gun control laws. So this vote jumped out as inconsistent. (When I queried him about the vote, he said, "I didn't find that [vote] surprising. I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry. This was a narrow exception in an exceptional circumstance where a retired police officer might find himself vulnerable as a consequence of the work he has previously done--and had been trained extensively in the proper use of firearms."It wasn't until a few weeks later that another theory came forward about the uncharacteristic vote. Obama was battling with his GOP opponent to win the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police.) Source: From Promise to Power, by David Mendell, p.250-251 Aug 14, 2007

A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005
Interviews and Debates with Obama

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

Obama: Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok

Q: You said recently, "I have no intention of taking away folks' guns." But you support the D.C. handgun ban, and you've said that it's constitutional. How do you reconcile those two positions?
A: Because I think we have two conflicting traditions in this country. I think it's important for us to recognize that we've got a tradition of handgun ownership and gun ownership generally. And a lot of law-abiding citizens use it for hunting, for sportsmanship, and for protecting their families. We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage. And so I think there is nothing wrong with a community saying we are going to take those illegal handguns off the streets. And cracking down on the various loopholes that exist in terms of background checks for children, the mentally ill. We can have reasonable, thoughtful gun control measure that I think respect the Second Amendment and people's traditions.

Source: 2008 Politico pre-Potomac Primary interview Feb 11, 2008
Obama: Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing
Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?
A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban
Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."
Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

Source: FactCheck.org analysis of 2008 Philadelphia primary debate Apr 16, 2008

Obama: Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities
Q: How would you address gun violence that continues to be the #1 cause of death among African-American men?
A: You know, when the massacre happened at Virginia Tech, I think all of us were grief stricken and shocked by the carnage. But in this year alone, in Chicago, we've had 34 Chicago public school students gunned down and killed. And for the most part, there has been silence. We know what to do. We've got to enforce the gun laws that are on the books. We've got to make sure that unscrupulous gun dealers aren't loading up vans and dumping guns in our communities, because we know they're not made in our communities. There aren't any gun manufacturers here, right here in the middle of Detroit. But what we also have to do is to make sure that we change our politics so that we care just as much about those 30-some children in Chicago who've been shot as we do the children in Virginia Tech. That's a mindset that we have to have in the White House and we don't have it right now.

Source: 2007 NAACP Presidential Primary Forum Jul 12, 2007
Obama: Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality
I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manufacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair. Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006
Obama: Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban
KEYES: [to Obama]: I am a strong believer in the second amendment. The gun control mentality is ruthlessly absurd. It suggests that we should pass a law that prevents law abiding citizens from carrying weapons. You end up with a situation where the crook have all the guns and the law abiding citizens cannot defend themselves. I guess that's good enough for Senator Obama who voted against the bill that would have allowed homeowners to defend themselves if their homes were broken into.
OBAMA: Let's be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004
Obama: Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions
Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Judge for yourself what needs to be done with this man in control of the World's Formerly Most Powerful and Free Nation.

Nathan Barton is writing this from a wonderful place in the West, which might be in the Black Hills of South Dakota or Wyoming, or might be in one of the Four Corners States. Exactly where it is, the breezes blow with the scent of liberty, and the sound of the pines or the pinions is the sound of freedom. For thousands of years, people have fought and died for the liberty that Americans in the great spaces of the West enjoy, and he writes these commentaries in the hopes that continued generations will be able to do so, until the end of Time. Visit the blog: The Gospel Sower

More of his agenda:

Congress vs. Pesident and the veto. That is only so much of the pie. You forget the Administrative Law state. Federal agencies, a part of the executive branch, pass federal regulations that have the force of law. See the Code of Federal Regulations. The EPA, Dept. of Energy, the DOJ, HS, ATF and the NLRB all have run amok and congress has proven incapable of reigning in their socialist agendas with their oversight responsibility. You don't think that the cabinet members and agency heads don't take their marching orders directly from the President. The President does not need congressional approval to encourage the EPA to propose rules outlawing lead bullets and shot. Congress had nothing to do with Fast and Furious, that was Eric Holder's brain child. And we have not yet discussed the Tsars and quite illegal recess appointments. Those are all end runs around congress. Obama is the biggest threat to the 2nd Amendment that has ever occupied the White House. He is smart enough to disquise this agenda and keep it at the Ad Law level. However, if you don't think they have an active anti-2nd Amendment agenda, you are a candidate for the sucker punch.

You really need to find out what your union bosses are up to.

This comes from "Labor Union Report".com

In 2008, most union bosses had to work hard to convince their union members to vote for Barack Hussein Obama. Despite the fact that the Machinists’ union boss Tom Buffenbarger considered Obama a “thespian” and “Janus, the two-faced Roman god of ancient times,” others union bosses like the SEIU’s Andy Stern were wholly on board the Obama bandwagon early on. One of them was the AFL-CIO’s Richard Trumka, who told union members that they were racists if they did not vote for Obama:

"There’s not a single, good reason for any worker—especially any union member—to vote against Barack Obama…And, there’s only one really, really bad reason to vote against Barack Obama and that’s because he’s not white."

After Obama’s April 2008 loose-tongue slip about Americans who “cling to guns or religion,” union bosses had to work doubly hard to convince those union members who do, in fact, cling to their guns that Barack Obama wasn’t pro-gun control (despite his record).

Across the country, union bosses fanned out to spread the message: Barack Obama WON’T Take Away Your Gun…

Were union members misled on Obama’s stance on gun control?

Back in March, BigGovernment’s John Lott, Jr. observed:
"The Obama administration has been a consistent opponent of gun ownership. It has enacted a ban on the importation of semiautomatic guns because: “The U.S. insisted that imports of the aging rifles could cause problems such as firearm accidents.” They have also tried imposing much more extensive reporting requirements on sales of long guns. However, possibly the biggest threat isObama’s nomination of Andrew Traver to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. There is also the Obama administration’s push for the U.N.’s Arms Trade Treaty and itscontinual inaccurate statements about the source of Mexico’s crime guns. In addition, President Obama’s appointments to the Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, are adamantly against any protection for individual ownership of guns. If one of the five justices in the majority of the Heller or McDonald cases were to die or retire, not only would further gains be prevented, but even those two precedents would be threatened."

Back in April, the Washington Post reported* an exchange that took place (presumably) at the White House:
"On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

I suspect that "thinking persons" will agree that this is not exactly what one would consider to be a friend of the 2nd Amendment, wouldn't you?

Originally Posted By: UR8^ Do you know how many guns are in this country? The FBI; which unlike many sources should be counted as reliable, say that there are over 200 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country.

I think somewhere close to 2500 or so less than there were before 0's administration's Fast & Furious debacle sent them to Mexico's drug cartels, but you’re probably right that the FBI can probably furnish that exact info.

Originally Posted By: UR8^ Guess what? All the crazy stuff the NRA and Faux warned you would happen hasn't, has it? Four years later and you still have your guns, still have your rights

Only because "President Obama (fine man)", has had his hands so full making end runs around cogress and the Constitution, not to mention the Bill of Rights to concentrate on his historical war on 2nd Amendment rights. If we are so unfortunate that he wins another term it will be Katy bar the door as he will mount a full blown effort to that end without fear of having to face another election.

Surprisingly, I found one point in your rant that I find myself agreeing with, UR8^ (Did I tell you that I like that handle? Kinda has a ring to it, don't it?:

Originally Posted By: UR8^ Don't talk about politics unless you know the facts. Otherwise you look ridiculous.

Regards,
hm

what a first post! my question is, what is a (an) exitent issue?
maybe you should learn to spell before going off on someone?

BTW, welcome to PM

Naw Tn, like most liberals he can't find his butt with both hands. Thought he was at his old hangout at Democratic underground. He would have been cheered for the post there. The average IQ there is about that of warm milk. And God forbid they find out your a conservative, automatic ban hammer.

Originally Posted By: pdhunterRelax Republicans - you have a black president - President Obama (fine man!)

Who the **** is this guy ?

Hey hey! It's the Koolaid Man!

*1 post? Are you serious??

At least i waited until 100 post's before i insulted someone on here! :)

This is what the RNC should have on the front door of the Convention.

gunswelcomLarge.gif

Originally Posted By: UR8^Oh wow, where do I start? Democrats and the making up of non exitent issues - before you insult someone, learn to spell!

That wasn't a good place to do so!

Originally Posted By: UR8^Also, it stands to reason that one might get their news from an unbiased source. Clearly, the NRA has special interest involved. After all, what would the NRA be without gun rights? Now, when I say it is ideal to get your news for an unbiased source, this does not include Fox News - otherwise known as FAUX NEWS. You will not only get biased information at Faux, but you'll also get straight out lies. How they are allowed to report the things that they do is beyond me. Of course, their audience is filled with people who are not willing to think for themselves, research facts and form their own decisions. Sheeple. Try NPR, try BBC, MSNBC is also not bad!

You'll play [beeep] finding an unbiased news source in this day and age, and if you don't know that, you aren't qualified to argue the point.

Originally Posted By: UR8^As far as someone wanting to take gun rights away - really? Seriously? Now, think about that. Not only is one little senator unable to just up and decide for him or herself what will and won't be (please remember there is a democratic process to such things), but how in the heck do you think they would enforce such laws? Is someone going to go door to door and collect all these guns? Do you know how many guns are in this country? The FBI; which unlike many sources should be counted as reliable, say that there are over 200 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country. Is there going to be a weekend project that we'll call "Bring your guns" bonfire? Nah. I don't think so. It is our right to own and bear arms. Nothing is going to change. Stop worrying yourselves silly over nonsense.

Your opening line concerning spelling was insult enough, that paragraph was uncalled for. We are all aware of the democratic process, and your fine black man holding the office of president, along with the remainder of the elected morons in Washington, DC seem to want to set that process aside at every turn. As well as steadily picking away at the very core of our little democracy here, the US Constitution.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Relax Republicans - you have a black president - President Obama (fine man!) and guess what? All the crazy stuff the NRA and Faux warned you would happen hasn't, has it? Four years later and you still have your guns, still have your rights and if the darn GOP would allow it it's likely you would have even MORE rights.

I, quite frankly, don't give a damm what color he is, he is not a fine man. He is anything but, a fine man. He is doing everything within his power to destroy this country. He has done more to divide it, than any other president in the history of the US. In one term he has succeeded in doubling the whole of the National Debt accrued by 43 previous administrations, while he and his family have enjoyed millions in tax payer funded vacations. He is slowly but surely tearing down the constitution of the United States of America, and if you don't think your right to bear arms isn't on his list of rights to deprive us of, you're dead wrong. It's on his list, it is part of his agenda.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Don't talk about politics unless you know the facts. Otherwise you look ridiculous.

I'm kinda like the last 2 - 3 guys up there, that one I can certainly agree with you on! And, further... I'd suggest you practice what you preach. Your liberal line of BS will be handed back to you tenfold here, if we respect you. You aren't even close on the first post.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: UR8^Oh wow, where do I start? Democrats and the making up of non exitent issues - before you insult someone, learn to spell!

That wasn't a good place to do so!

Originally Posted By: UR8^Also, it stands to reason that one might get their news from an unbiased source. Clearly, the NRA has special interest involved. After all, what would the NRA be without gun rights? Now, when I say it is ideal to get your news for an unbiased source, this does not include Fox News - otherwise known as FAUX NEWS. You will not only get biased information at Faux, but you'll also get straight out lies. How they are allowed to report the things that they do is beyond me. Of course, their audience is filled with people who are not willing to think for themselves, research facts and form their own decisions. Sheeple. Try NPR, try BBC, MSNBC is also not bad!

You'll play [beeep] finding an unbiased news source in this day and age, and if you don't know that, you aren't qualified to argue the point.

Originally Posted By: UR8^As far as someone wanting to take gun rights away - really? Seriously? Now, think about that. Not only is one little senator unable to just up and decide for him or herself what will and won't be (please remember there is a democratic process to such things), but how in the heck do you think they would enforce such laws? Is someone going to go door to door and collect all these guns? Do you know how many guns are in this country? The FBI; which unlike many sources should be counted as reliable, say that there are over 200 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country. Is there going to be a weekend project that we'll call "Bring your guns" bonfire? Nah. I don't think so. It is our right to own and bear arms. Nothing is going to change. Stop worrying yourselves silly over nonsense.

Your opening line concerning spelling was insult enough, that paragraph was uncalled for. We are all aware of the democratic process, and your fine black man holding the office of president, along with the remainder of the elected morons in Washington, DC seem to want to set that process aside at every turn. As well as steadily picking away at the very core of our little democracy here, the US Constitution.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Relax Republicans - you have a black president - President Obama (fine man!) and guess what? All the crazy stuff the NRA and Faux warned you would happen hasn't, has it? Four years later and you still have your guns, still have your rights and if the darn GOP would allow it it's likely you would have even MORE rights.

I, quite frankly, don't give a damm what color he is, he is not a fine man. He is anything but, a fine man. He is doing everything within his power to destroy this country. He has done more to divide it, than any other president in the history of the US. In one term he has succeeded in doubling the whole of the National Debt accrued by 43 previous administrations, while he and his family have enjoyed millions in tax payer funded vacations. He is slowly but surely tearing down the constitution of the United States of America, and if you don't think your right to bear arms isn't on his list of rights to deprive us of, you're dead wrong. It's on his list, it is part of his agenda.

Originally Posted By: UR8^Don't talk about politics unless you know the facts. Otherwise you look ridiculous.

I'm kinda like the last 2 - 3 guys up there, that one I can certainly agree with you on! And, further... I'd suggest you practice what you preach. Your liberal line of BS will be handed back to you tenfold here, if we respect you. You aren't even close on the first post.

Rocky,

You DA MAN!

Back