The Hair On the Back Of My Neck Just Stood Up

azmastablasta

Could it be that we are being conditioned to accept military presence in our cities? Is this the precursor to our worst fears? Why has the military suddenly felt the need for urban training after 8 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, constantly practicing in real life cities? What happens if we get 4 more years of the annointed one, is this simply training for the eventual change he desires? And last, if that were to come to pass, what could we do as citizens against a military invasion from within?

Watch! Urban Warfare Drills Over Chicago! Military Blackhawks Buzz Downtown!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:06

Chicago seems to be the newest city selected by the military to perform urban warfare training. Late last night, calls started flooding into police departments and newsrooms throughout Chicago as concerned residents reported Blackhawk Helicopters with heavily armed military hovering outside their windows.
Just like the Urban Drills that were performed in L.A. a couple months ago, concerned citizens reported seeing Blackhawks and A/MH-6 Little Birds flying extremely low throughout the downtown Chicago area. At least three of those Blackhawks were filmed flying in formation with heavily armed special forces by local news crews in Chicago. Residents report that the choppers buzzed though office and residential building for several hours last night.
This morning the city’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications put out a statement calling last nights drills a “routine training exercise.” They announced that Chicago was the site of a week long military training drill that is designed to improve the military’s ability to operate in urban environments.
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/2036/730/...z_Downtown.html

zero5.jpg

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Maybe it was a 'routine training exercise'.

HB, I'm really trying to be respectful here with my answer because I know you march to a different drummer so to speak. But please tell me you are aware of the Possee Comitatus Act of 1878. If not I will post a link below. A "routine training exercise" for what? It's illegal to use the military as a police force on American soil. So please tell me what is routine and WTH they are training for, hmm? Or is this document just another one of those pesky living, breathing documents that are outdated by today's standards that needs progressive refinements?

http://www.dojgov.net/posse_comitatus_act.htm

Last edited:
I would imagine it is training for urban combat situations. What is the alternative scenario? They are training to liberate or subject American cities?

With O's Executive Order that allows him to declare Martial Law for just about anything at anytime and suspend your Constitutional Rights , then the Military could be used to subjugate the citizenry. I wonder how come the US House Republicans aren't howling about this direction O is taking?

There's no sense dancing around the subject. Jump landed right on target with both feet and HB is smart enough to know it also and is just being coy. We Americans are facing the probable greatest test since the Civil War. If this does indeed become a reality, and I believe it's likely, our only hope will be that our brave and patriotic military men and military leaders will make the right decision to refuse to obey orders. Not only refuse orders, but arrest and detain the terrorist- in- chief, and actively place this country back where it belongs. It's easy to sit here now, puffed up with bravado, and vow to arm ourselves and resist. But in today's world, with the weaponry available to the military, I'm less than convinced that it is even possible. Hopefully, we can put our faith in our fine, patriotic military leaders, who, unlike the regular enlisted men, swear no oath to obey the President.

The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers are as follows:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

http://www.history.army.mil/html/faq/oaths.html

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71I would imagine it is training for urban combat situations. What is the alternative scenario? They are training to liberate or subject American cities?

You know HB sometimes you go just a wee bit overboard with the trying to act ignorant in defense of your president routine. You aren't that dammed dumb.

Even assuming that one could maybe give this training to liberate a city thought, a second fly-by, what does the government think they know, that they are not telling us??

I wonder what "they" are not telling us also.Could be nothing,but signs seem to make a lot of people ask that same question.
There is supposed to be an asteroid that might hit earth in about 40 years that is big enough to make a mess.Also the sun is supposed to be having storms that could disrupt the power grid for months.I think these two things may be real,scientist I thought to be credible say this is so.I don't know if there is something else or not.I don't think we would be told if there was evidence of an event in the near future,if the gov could keep a secret,this would probably be it.
If the military backs the gov and not the people then people like me are toast.

I think HB hit it on the head! (training to liberate american cities) We all know the best way to hunt the coyote, deer, etc., is to get out there and scout the land. Now that they(whoever 'they' is) have done trial runs in major cities; getting a feel for the environment? 'They' are one step from a source of action in an environment 'they' understand.

Lets hope our armed forces aren't willing to follow up on what 'they' think might need to be done.

It COULD very well be a verrryyyy hot summer!!

Just for Grins and Giggles,,,,Let me push a scenario...Likely or unlikely has little relevance...but it is within the realm of possibility..

The upcoming election is obviously going to be very heated in some areas and suppose there was a substantial indication of voter fraud, or voting result manipulation...If Obama wins or loses in that case, there will likely be some serious reactions on a part of the population...

Now, through the Homeland Security Act and the various Executive Orders that have been put in place, the potential for any civil unrest to be put down by the Homeland Security forces is really high and with the technology available to our troops/government, I don't think it will take very long in some areas...The big question is, At What Cost??

our entire history is one of elections resulting in the peaceful transition of power. I'd really hate to see that chain broken this time.

Originally Posted By: azmastablasta Hopefully, we can put our faith in our fine, patriotic military leaders, who, unlike the regular enlisted men, swear no oath to obey the President.

Not just the leaders but enlisted men/woman too. I have for a very long time hoped/prayed we could (put our faith in them).
Sure, the military has some high tech weaponry and could make a mess of things, but I believe that a `resistance` would prevail.

they probably just needed to burn the fuel outa them `copters so it dint go stale..hehe

I am concerned also that if obama loses the election that there will be unrest,planed beforehand unrest,that would "force"obama to declare an emergency,martial law of his own design,all before a new pres. could be sworn in.All this unrest making it impossible to swear in a newly elected president.Sounds far fetched.Hope it is.As for the military how would they know who to follow,how would they know where their duty lies.Like in other countries it might split dividing the country with military and militia on both sides.Another civil war.And as during the war between the states there would be bushwackers,or in modern words gangs with loyalty to no one.

Civil unrest is coming to America with or without Obama. Once the world realizes that the dollar is as valuable as toilet paper, it will be dropped as the world reserve currency. Once this happens, your life as you know it will be over.

Quote:in modern words gangs with loyalty to no one...Tnshootist, you just brought up another concern that bugs me...The street gangs, while loosely organized, are much more organized than the average neighborhood association or group and if something breaks out, and the gangs have transportation available, I really fear for a lot of the "Head in the Sand" Liberals that are working on their next bar-b-que plans or tailgaiting party...

Back