Remington R25

Snowshoe Hunter

What can you tell me about the R25? Any pros or cons? Praise it or stomp it, I want to know before I consider it. PM me if you want to keep it off the net. Thank you.

It is made by DPMS look at thier website and get the best price. The Remington you pay a lot for cammo and they only come one way.

Dpms comes in:
338 federal
6.5 creedmore

Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkin and the are pretty heavy.

And that's the only reason I need to not care much for anything in an AR10 platform. There are "Medium" game calibers that are more than adequate at normal hunting distances in the AR15. I'll pick them every time. Now, if we are talking about laying prone and ringing steel at 1K, then the weight of the firearm means jack.

Chupa

My brother's in .243" is very much sub MOA at 100 yards. It's got a pretty light barrel, so it really isn't that heavy.

But I tend to agree that it makes more sense to go with the AR15 instead of an AR10.

The 243 i had was very accurate but like others said the weight was a big thing to me. I found myself choosing other rifles to take out calling and leaving it in the safe. And the Float tube was a bigger diameter than a reg AR15 which made a difference to me personally.

Last edited:
The are better and worse guns than a Remington R25. large frame AR pattern rifles are signicantly heavier than their AR15 counter parts. Whether that extra weight will be good or bad depends on how you will use the rifle. The way I [hunt/shoot] the weight of a large frame AR would not be a hinderance. Your milage may varry. If you decide you still want a large frame AR pattern rifle, there is nothing wrong with a Remington R25. Its a DPMS rifle with Remingtons name on it. As stated in an Earlier post, if you buy a DPMS labled rifle (as apposed to a Remington labled rifle) you will have more options from which to pick. If it were my money to spend I would do directly to DPMS. If you decide to buy A Remington lable rifle, IMEDIATLY REMOVE THE STOCK TRIGGER AND REPLACE IT. A Giesle ALG tigger is an exilent field trigger for a hunting rifle. it breaks clean and consistant and the pull is about 3 pounds lighter than a DPMS trigger. Its not a match trigger like the premium Giesle triggers but a good quality trigger.

I have the r-25 in 243. It is heavy but I only shoot prone with a bipod so for me it's fine. It's shoots tight groups for me

Mark2

love mine in 243 and don't mind the weight even with 3lb of scope on top when it shoots sub moa out to 600 with a 87 gr v-max 43.5 gr of IMR 4350 range validation of 3235fps. did change the trigger to a RR NM.
d760014.jpg

its my go to gun when I think I'm hunting, if its a walk in the woods I take the car-15

Last edited:
Back