Coyote mating season call sequence?

lots say, female invitation, other say challenge barks/howls, while yet others prefer a pup in distress... I've seen em breed, got em on HD video doing the deed, and guess what they responded to??? the good ol jackrabbit!!!

I prefer to use coyote howls this time of year and very little at that. One howl or two howls and sit back and wait to see if there are any takers.
I have sat for an hour waiting with good results during the courting/mating season.

The breeding time is over now, and it is very close to denning time. I usually figure that the first pups will hit the ground about first week of May, but the mild winter and early spring here in western Iowa has me thinking that the coyotes may already be having their pups. Then again, maybe they will be late this year?

Originally Posted By: Rich CronkThe breeding time is over now, and it is very close to denning time. I usually figure that the first pups will hit the ground about first week of May, but the mild winter and early spring here in western Iowa has me thinking that the coyotes may already be having their pups. Then again, maybe they will be late this year? Shot a female the other day and when I got to her she was dead but her belly was sure moving. Full of pups I guess I felt them and they felt pretty big so here in Idaho I think they're ready to hit the ground anytime now!!!

Back