Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#2200193 - 04/13/12 06:49 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: doggin coyotes]
Coyote Cruiser Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Gilbert AZ
Ok Knockemdown that Louis V wearing Chihuahua has decoyed as many coyotes this year as your dog. tt2 So does breed and bloodline really make a difference? Does The fact that the Chihuahua wears a designer bag have any influence on how he is percieved by the coyotes? Does the Louis V bag just lead the coyotes to believe he is an Alpha because he can afford such a fine pack when they can only afford a fur coat? Is that what keeps his/her "decoy" numbers so low? Would the Chihuahua attract only female coyotes just so they can see his/her bag? Coyote behavior teaches to respect the Alpha does class envy play any part in this? Maybe the Chihuahua would be more effective if he/she wore a Coach bag from the outlet mall. That is it your dog needs a coach bag from the outlet mall to be more effective. I cannot prove it but since the Chihuahua and your Cur are running about the same average it couldn't hurt. lol

P.S. I hope knowone was offended or got there feeling hurt by this post.

#2200302 - 04/13/12 09:50 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: Coyote Cruiser]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
i feel a lockdown commin on... play nice.lmao

#2201781 - 04/16/12 08:58 AM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: emeraldterriers1]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
LOL, no worries from my end!

Cruiser, I LOL'ed and appreciate the humor, and I don't have feelings, so we're good wink

I DO think there is ALOT of good info that's been shared in this thread. Certainly too much to let it frizzle out on a comedic note...
And when I said my dog didn't decoy a coyote, that was only since September. When the coyotes are in the mood, he does OK...

Mostly, it seems like our coyotes just ain't in the mood, even when they are supposed to be. They see the dog & BOLT from the him at first sight & don't return, like on this stand...

later!

#2202001 - 04/16/12 04:27 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: knockemdown]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
OK, let's step away from "badger food", since that (apparently) didn't go over real well with some folks.

So here' some others question for you guys smile

How important do you think exposure at a young age is for making a decoy dog?

There's been some opinions shared that imply that 'decoying' is essetially a learned skill, as compared to an in-bred trait, such as natural 'treeing' instinct. Also, some guys have shared that almost any dog can learn the 'game' of decoying, if given time on stand.

Without disputing that, I'd like to know if an adult dog can be taken out and expected to learn the serious 'game' of tag that a decoy dog plays with a coyote?

Or, are those little training wrinkles imprinted on a young pup's pea-brain essential to bringing out that 'decoying' skill, assuming the dog has the right attitude for the work?

Essentially, are 'decoy' dogs born, or made???

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.