Bill Cosby Interview against guns - Travon Case

im4flight

Did you guys see Bill Cosby did an interview, I saw it on foxnews sun. this morning. Where he was asked what he thought about the Travon case and the guy being charged, he was asked if it was racially motivated.

Instead of answering that question, he sais, people who carry guns, want to shoot people!! And that was it.

WOW, was I mad. I don't carry because I want to shoot someone, in fact the opposite, I carry because I don't want to be shot, nor do I want my friends or family shot. In actuality I hope I never have to draw my gun. What an idiot!

2ndly, wondering what you guys thought about the Travon case? I haven't seen that much on it, but from what I have seen, the PD and DA were not going to charge him until it was protestested and now he is. And the DA had the nerve to say he wasn't being prosecuted because of the political pressure. Maybe the guy is guilty of murder, but from what little I have heard he was just trying to defend himself against a kid who tried to take his gun. I hope the NRA or someone else pics up his legal bills and destroys the DA for folding to peer pressure.

I blame the news media for this crap. Maybe it's time to change the laws about the news and medias rights until after a person has a trial. Just allow the basics to be reported then after the trial they can report their bull and who know maybe then they might get it right.
I just hope the right verdict is achieved which ever way it goes and the real truth is determined. And because of the action of many hot heads and the unethical actions of the media a fair trial is possible.

Travon case

I get my info from law enforcement. Travon was almost 18 and 6 foot 3 inches tall.

The pictures the news show are when he was 12 and 14 years old.

I do not know what happened. The courts will show us the truth, I hope.

When I got my CCW a good friend told me if I use it the whole world is going to come down hard on my head. I live in Ohio and there are shootings every day in my state. The murder rates are so high the news will not cover it. In my city, Dayton there are 76 gangs with one that has over 100 members. God help us.

Ennis William "The Music" Cosby (April 15, 1969 – January 16, 1997) was the son of comedian-actor Bill Cosby and Camille Cosby. He was murdered in 1997 by Mikhail Markhasev, on Skirball Center Drive, an access road of Los Angeles' 405 Freeway.

Originally Posted By: willy1947
Travon case

I get my info from law enforcement. Travon was almost 18 and 6 foot 3 inches tall.

The pictures the news show are when he was 12 and 14 years old.

I do not know what happened. The courts will show us the truth, I hope.

the big story should have been how NBC doctored the audio to make this whole thing blow out of proportion, NOW it is "racially" motivated... along with, ABC??? photoshoping the cut on the back of Zimmermans head... this dudes life if ruined because of the media not reporting the FACTS... even though he may be guilty, you don't doctor audio to create racial tension PERIOD!!! and who the [beeep] knows how the judicial system will turn out with that rat who heads the DOJ.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: im4flightI can see why he may be oversensitive to the situation then.

But my point is he feels it is OK for him to have a CCW but not others, except the few privileged ones like himself.

The thing is thats not what he said. This has been taken out of context. He said that he use to carry a gun to protect his family. He also said that the police officer who gave him his permit told him that once you fire that bullet you cant call it back to you. He never said that people who carry guns just want to shoot people. He was saying its more of a gun problem then a race problem.

Cosby: How are you going to solve a race issue when it becomes he said, she said or he said, he said? And the other question is, what is solved by saying he's a racist that's why he shot the boy? What solves that? This. [Makes gun symbol with hand] And what is he doing with it? And who taught him and told him how to behave with this? It doesn't make any difference if he's a racist or not racist. If he's scared to death and not a racist, it's still a confrontational provoking of something.

I don't know what happened, but I know that this -- I used to have a gun. The policeman who okayed it said to me, "Mr. Cosby, when you pull this trigger, you can't call it back." And so I had the gun in my pocket. And the reason why I had it was to protect my family. But I also knew that anything that went on outside--and it appeared to be something that wasn't on the OK, I went out with my gun. And the thought was if this person is not right or if that doesn't move when I say move, I'm going to show that I have a gun.

I'd like to know when Eric Holder will start doing his job.The Black Panther voter intimidation was ignored next a live or dead bounty gets a pass.A-holes like Roseann Barr and Spike Lee put out address info and not a word from the Justice Dept.Add to that all the threats/incitement to riot and still nothing.The only racism I see in all this so far is coming from the black folks.

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.I'd like to know when Eric Holder will start doing his job. The Black Panther voter intimidation was ignored next a live or dead bounty gets a pass. A-holes like Roseann Barr and Spike Lee put out address info and not a word from the Justice Dept. Add to that all the threats/incitement to riot and still nothing. The only racism I see in all this so far is coming from the black folks.

You don't get it...

The Obama administration is giving the USA "Pay back" for all the wrongs (real or perceived) of the past.

"They" have their chance to "Get even".

They will never do their job as the country sees it, their job is personal calling to them.

Oh I get it.What I don't get is how the anointed one still has a very good chance for reelection.Even with the lame stream media covering up his utter incompetence his chances should be nonexistent at this point.It's just so obvious in all our day to day lives how much his policies have not only failed but in most cases made things worse.

I don't understand it either - with 70% of voting Americans disapproving of the countries direction, how in God's name does this azzhole have a 50% chance of getting re-elected???

Part of it is what happens when 50% of the public are not invested in the country. There was a pole recently that said that 60% of the people approved of taxes being raised - well, that's close to the percentage of people that don't PAY federal taxes, so they have no dog in the game.

A better question would be, "How many people would approve of THEIR taxes being raised" - I think that would give the true feelings of the country.

I think if Obamy gets in for a second term, we could see riots in the streets.

The most sickening part of this tregedy is that people have such strong opinions of innocence or guilt even though they have no clue of all the facts. It is a witch hunt plain and simple. I have no clue if Zimmerman is guilty or not. But atleast I understand that I have not been presented all the facts. The fact that people are willing to lynch Zimmerman over what the news media has reported is very scarry and awakening. I have a ccw and I hope and pray I never have to use it. This recent event has opened up my eyes to the scrutiny I will face should the need ever arise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pahntr760Liberal media and assumptions will be the death of all of us. We will see what the dish water turns up.

+1

If the media would stay out of everything the world be a better place.

I knew right away that Zimmerman was in trouble when I saw Al Sharpton fanning the flames and Obama saying that if he had a son he would look just like Travon. That put the pressure on the law.

Back