Detachable Bottom Metal

Originally Posted By: Rich44I don't think HS discontinued theirs they were redesigning it I just got there new gen 2 DM bottom metal for my 22/250AI it looks good so far and the short magboxes only stick out a little more than the older ones plus they still have the 10 rounders

Yep, they discontinued the original, and they are replacing it with their "Gen 2" version.
Could you post a picture of yours? I've never seen one of the new ones. Do they fit the Remington BDL inlet like the originals?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Rich44I don't think HS discontinued theirs they were redesigning it I just got there new gen 2 DM bottom metal for my 22/250AI it looks good so far and the short magboxes only stick out a little more than the older ones plus they still have the 10 rounders

Yep, they discontinued the original, and they are replacing it with their "Gen 2" version.
Could you post a picture of yours? I've never seen one of the new ones. Do they fit the Remington BDL inlet like the originals?

You can still get the old style from a few places and H-S said they were still going to continue to produce the old style mags.
I couldn't say about the fit but HS said the inletting was the same.
the new style looks like this

2012-04-11_17-43-29_131.jpg

the difference in the mags
2012-04-11_17-44-03_919.jpg

You can go with the AW pattern of mags and DBM which have the rounds staggered so the mag is shorter and wider. I would think someone with decent shop skills could make a 3 round flush AICS though.

Originally Posted By: fw707Thanks Rich!!
Where did you find yours?

I got mine from Midway they were in and out in a day I ordered one then went to order another later that day and they were out they say the next batch is due in 5/11/12

R & D precision makes a bottom metal that accepts aics magazines and has an option for the mag release that is built into the trigger guard rather than the paddle type release. I don't have one but hear they are nice. Alpha has a ten round mag that isn't nearly as large as the ten round aics mags and will work in any bottom metal that accepts aics mags. My new rifle has a cdi bottom metal and it seems very nice. Might I ask what you will be chambering this rifle in?

I finally got my 6.5x47 done and can see why you are building another. So easy to get great accuracy out of that cartridge! Keep us posted on your build!

Back