.204 39 gr blitz king load data

boisblancboy

Looking for some actual numbers and load data. I've done a lot of searching but can't seem to come up with much. So I wouldn't mind hearing what you have used and what results you got, the good and the bad.

never got the accuracy out of the BK that the 40 gr vmax or berger gave me, but I got up to 30 gr of blc2 with no pressure. my accuracy load is 29.9 of blc2 with both berger and hornady

Here's my experience. In my 204 [Savage 12] IMR3031 seems to work best. But I have had good luck with TAC and Reloader 10X as well.. 8028 and 26 Bergers did well also. N140 was accurate, but velocity was wanting. IMR4895 gave 1/2" groups w/39 Sierra. Actually I have not had a bad load in the 204. Just some that shoot better than others. My bullet of choice is the 39 Sierra.

Base to tip: .750"

Also consider the 39 Speer TNT. They shoot just as well in my 204 and are cheaper

204TargetW748.jpg

Originally Posted By: zillaCFE 223? Never heard of it till now. I may have to try a lb.

New from Hodge. CFE(copper fouling eraser). I just tried to pick some up while at a local outdoor store and they had sold through a full case before I got there. I want to give it a shot but haven't got my hands on it yet.

here is my data for my savage, start low and work up to this load not hot in my rifle but could be in yours.

[img:center]
TgtGfx.jpg
[/img]

I'm shooting a Savage model 16 with 22" ss barrel 1x12 twist. It shoots 39's very well with 27.7g of either of the 4895's, and 27.6g of IMR 8208. So far CFE 223 has been less than stellar in this particular rife, but still looking on it. W748 has done very well also with the 39's.

The following was shot in mid-Dec. 2011. It is slightly over listed max but shoots well in this rifle with no pressure signs. The col for this load was 2.332, but this rifle also shoots the 39's very well with a col of 2.258. Any of these 4 powders shoot pretty regularly in the .3 and .4's and generally run about 3,750 fps. As usual these are only safe in my rifle and may not be in yours.
TgtGfx.jpg

Great info guys! Keep it coming. Can't wait to see if I can get the 39 BK to shoot well. Along with this same post, it a bullet doesn't shot well for you how much luck do you have with changing powders and your group size getting smaller?

I expect everyone's mileage will vary on your question. My Savage doesn't shoot the 40 vmax very well. It will shoot under moa, but nothing like the 39 sbk. This particular rifle also shoots 32 vmax, 34 Midsouth hp, and 35 Bergers very well. I haven't really seen a powder than it doesn't shoot pretty good with. Some powders are of course faster than others, but I've found a sweet spot with most all of them. So far with CFE 223, I just haven't been able to get it to really settle in consistently and shine in this rifle, but I haven't shot it a whole lot either. CFE 223 has been outstanding in my 22-250 on the other hand.

I killed 14 coyotes last fall with the 32 vmax loaded over 26.9g of A2230 for about 3,950 fps. Only 1 even moved out of their tracks and he only made it about 50 feet. I did lose one with the 32 vmax, but it was operator error. I shot him at 145 yds at night and he was jet black. I hit him too far back and too high and missed the lungs. That's the only one I lost. Unfortunately I would have gladly traded the other 14 for this one black one that got away.

MDGC0003.jpg

Yea, it was a tough loss. It took me a couple of months to get it out of my mind. I did kill a couple nice coyotes at the end of March using the 39 sbk's and IMR 8208. It just abslutely flattened them both instantly, but I'd still like to have the black one back. I looked for him for 3 days, but it just didn't happen.

I'm sure you'll get a good load worked up. What are you intending to use it for?

Back