DPMS Sportical mod. Brass burns, be gone!

Being a left handed shooter has it's disadvantages. Especially if you're shooting a DPMS Sportical/slick-side upper. At least one in fifty rounds would find its way into the collar of my shirt and leave a 2nd degree burn on my neck before I could dig it out. Something had to be done. I took a chunk of aluminum and built custom brass deflector, coated it black, and fastened it directly to the upper. It works flawlessly, throwing the brass out at the 4 o'clock position instead of the 6 o'clock position. Just thought I'd share.

295257_371555159554995_100001015433988_1040464_65118935_n.jpg

Thats great Tom, may have to try something like that to get Kasey shootin an ar. Shes's still scared after seeing you get that nasty burn at the PM hunt.

Lol! That one at the PM hunt was nothing compared to the one I sustained a week later. Dang near went into shock. Ha ha.

Not all AR's have that problem though Greg. Just the uppers without a brass deflector. Tell Kasey, Hi!

Originally Posted By: willy1947
Rock River sell three types of deflectors that you do not to change your upper, they mount to your rail.

That's correct however, they don't make one that will work with that particular upper. Believe me, I checked before the hassle of making one.

Originally Posted By: Predator StrikeforceOriginally Posted By: willy1947
Rock River sell three types of deflectors that you do not to change your upper, they mount to your rail.

That's correct however, they don't make one that will work with that particular upper. Believe me, I checked before the hassle of making one.

You did a nice job It looks great.

Back