Mexican President Blasts 2nd Amendment.....Again

The corrupt Mexican government and the cartels are so interlaced that no reform is possible from within. There are just too many badguys with positions of power that would derail any attempts to wipe out the cartels. The only plan to cleaning up Mexico would have to be an invasion by a foreign power fighting the war on two fronts and I just don't see that happening. With all the problems they are causing the US the best possible scenario would be to send in our troops, destroy the cartels, install new leaders and occupy their country for a couple of years. There will be no peaceful way to rid the country of the cartels or the corrupt officials.

Sadly, you are 100% correct. I just see no other way. You have massive amounts of cash coming in from drugs with state and national leaders getting their share or "mordida." The country is in the cesspool and they are smelling like roses. Add to that the enormous influx of money into the country from Mexican citizens living in the US legally or illegally. If Mexico had a democratic responsible government that functioned in the best interest of its people, there would be no need for people to illegally enter the US and send money back.

When Salinas entered office in the 80s there was one billionaire in Mexico. When he left office Salinas and 20 of his friends were billionaires, meanwhile the people live in abject poverty and find it necessary to emigrate to the US.

So I find it hilarious when Mexican presidents criticize our unethical treatment illegal aliens or our gun control policies. Hypocrisy in it's highest form.

Back