I was a Victim of a Home Invasion by Police..!!!!

By refusing to consent they had no right of search and seizure of anything they
Whatever happened to " A MAN'S HOME IS HIS CASTLE".....is nothing sacred..??

Last edited:
That's BS..So, you live in Canada and are shamed upon because of YOUR GUNS ? Thats what I understand Right ? If so thats BS. They can not take your guns [beeep]. But what can a guy do about ? Nothing really..

I also live in Canada and it seems that if you own a gun they automatically think that your the bad guy and are doing something wrong. I went through a road block one day, on my way home from town. I was at the local gun dealer picking up some shells and on my way through the roadblock the officer seen a bag on the seat and asked what was in it, I told him it was ammunition, so he asked me where the gun was and I told him it was home and he told me " that's a good place for it". It really peeved me off

Originally Posted By: Noveske Crusader
I must say I was very surprised to see them at our property, because we have been robbed and broken in twice, life threatened a few times, had hundreds of trespassers on our property, called the police numerous times, but yet, they have never responded to our pleas for help!!!!!
Whatever happened to " A MAN'S HOME IS HIS CASTLE".....is nothing sacred..??
THE POLICE are so anti-gun in Canada, that they do not care about a person's rights and freedoms.
They are above the law and our rights were violated because of the gun registry.

Really? Sounds like they did a [beeep] good job to me. They didn't seize anything and didn't break your door down, did they? Someone made a complaint and they had to look into it. They left as soon as they learned that nothing bad had happened. Get over it. You cry fowl because you didn't cooperate with them? How does anyone know if you were not like that pig farmer in BC that murdered all those gals a few years ago. Im my travels around Canada I've had some interaction with various Canadian police agencies in the past and found all of them to be nothing but professional. And you say they don't show up when you call them after being robbed, I don't buy it unless you've made numerious BS calls for help in the past. And I would expect them to be careful when they know about all the guns you have and the nature of the salesman's complaint. Take some more Ambien and go back to bed.

First of all, it's CANADA. None of the Royal countries have the same second amendment rights as we do here in the USA.

Other than that, the police were just being polite by asking if they could enter the residence. With all the blood on those windows, they don't know if they have a scene from Helter Skelter or a dog with a bloody nose. They have a duty to check. For all they knew, there could have been a victim in there bleeding to death. I agree with Mike, they didn't damage anything and didn't take your weapons. I understand it must be an annoying thing to happen, but I don't see how they acted improperly, unless there is something about Canadian law I don't know about.

Quote:I must say I was very surprised to see them at our property, because we have been robbed and broken in twice, life threatened a few times, had hundreds of trespassers on our property, called the police numerous times, but yet, they have never responded to our pleas for help!!!!!

Did you mention jelly donuts?

Should have told them there was a naked pretty woman running around, they'll show up real quick then.
smile.gif
OK, I'm just kidding 4949....

Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki
Should have told them there was a naked pretty woman running around, they'll show up real quick then.
smile.gif
OK, I'm just kidding 4949....

Heck, I would have shown up for that..
cool.gif

I see no problem with what happened. I would have never called you and even asked to enter your house I would have kicked the door in and checked the house. If it would have been your wife laying on the ground in the house bleeding to death and they would have called to ask permition you would then be bitching about that. Get a clue.

Sorry for your pain..sounds unjustified IMO. Glad your dog is better.
good thing that type of incident could never happen here
unsure.gif

They might have been a little less suspicious had you explained, let them in, and showed them the dog right away. Refusing them entry didn't help matters at all. And, they're still going to check the house out, even if you do show them the dog, no matter which side of the border you're on, that's part of what they're supposed to do, make sure there aren't any bodies lying around when there's blood everywhere.

Just had a Forest Service cop read me the riot act the other day for having an empty beer can in the console of my truck. As in, had been empty for 2 weeks empty, I just hadn't tossed it out. Tried to tell me that was a good way to get in trouble! I was thinking... probably not, when there isn't a [beeep] drop of anything in it!! Then he asked "You have anything else you aren't supposed to have in the truck." At which point he was really beginning to piss me off.

I simply told him "I don't have anything in my truck, that I'm not supposed to have." He asked to search, I told him to knock himself out, I could care less. Then I told him there was a pistol on the seat and I've got a permit to carry. Which he of course wanted to check out as well. Didn't catch any flack there at all, it actually kinda took the wind out of his sails, but he was still an asss.

When his partner figured out who I was, everything went away in minutes. He bought an old Caddy that belonged to my grandpa from my dad a couple years ago. Took about 2 minutes to print out the warning ticket for no license plate on the vehicle, and send me on my way. Still didn't appreciate the one guy's attitude however, it was uncalled for upon simply looking at the bone dry empty beer can.

So... Bloody windows, walls whatever. Homeowner saying f no you can't come inside and see what caused the blood. Ok you can come in, but you can only look in the garage. Being that no one ever lies to the police about the dead body in the bedroom obviously they should have believed you instead of looking everywhere.

Yep, sounds unreasonable.

If we changed the circumstances quite a bit... Let's say you're wife was abducted and laying bloody in someone's bedroom, but the police that took the call only looked in the garage for the source of the blood and then left. I think that would be unreasonable.

I guess point being they have no idea which end of the spectrum they are walking into. They waited for you instead of booting the door. I wouldn't have done that unless you were less than 10 seconds away. I've saved lives by less time than that.

They let you accompany them while they searched. I wouldn't have done that. Too many cops have died by exactly that.

For the scenario described they had lots of reason to be suspicious and were apparently nicer than I would have been.

I don't think you would want to live in MO and have similar circumstances present at the scene of a call...

Your door would have already been opened before calling you and the premisis searched for a crime having been committed...

While we are not really interested in what firearms you may own, the protection of life is considered very critical here...

Missouri is one of the Meth capitals of the nation and it's not unusual for the dopers to cover their windows with whatever is easy and cheap...The visible presence of blood raises the suspicion factor even higher...

I think your officers showed undue restraint in the initail response..and while I understand your personal perspective, you need to stand back and look at it objectively from their point of view...It really wasn't as bad as it could have been..

I still don`t like it. Makes me wonder if I should go get no soliciting signs, no trespassing signs, and beware of dog signs, and post them all around my property, which is allready chain link fenced and gated.?
Don`t get me wrong guys, I would have handled it differently due to my respect for the law, but who`s to say your 4 year old didn`t get loose with her water paints? IDK, but just don`t seem right to me.
Call the police and say you see something suspicious and that gives you the right to kick their door in and search the place?

Originally Posted By: HookedI still don`t like it. Makes me wonder if I should go get no soliciting signs, no trespassing signs, and beware of dog signs, and post them all around my property, which is allready chain link fenced and gated.?
Don`t get me wrong guys, I would have handled it differently due to my respect for the law, but who`s to say your 4 year old didn`t get loose with her water paints? IDK, but just don`t seem right to me.
Call the police and say you see something suspicious and that gives you the right to kick their door in and search the place?

Usually four year olds are not left home alone. Momma opens the door for the police with 4 year old in hand covered in red water paint, and for most of us the case is closed with a laugh and, "Have a good day Ma'am."

Blood all over the windows and no reasonable explanation besides what the homeowner says is a dog with a healed bloody nose and we have to check. There was a multiple homicide in the USA a few years ago, where the husband/father was the only person in the family to get out alive. The police came under scrutiny because they did not enter the residence soon enough, and it was said that some of the victims may still have been alive.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

To the OP, it sounds like you are annoyed because the police didn't take your word for it that your dog bloodied up the windows. Unfortunately, we can't just take someone's word in such instances absent other confirming factors. We need to confirm or deny with 100% certainty there are no victims in the house, and that no crime took place. As to why the police went right to your gun closet? I don't know how they would even have known where your gun closet is, but if it is large enough to hide a potential victim I can see why they may have felt a need to look in there.

I guess damned if you do damned if you dont.
I appreciate the work of LEO `s and the explaination but still not good with some of the comments here. JMO.
Too many what ifs`..IDK? Blood on a window does not give reasonable cause the way I see it.
No one is home to answer the door. No attempt to contact the home owner is made but rather the door is kicked in and the house is cleared...when the garage is breeched mr.dog latches on to officers sack (as a dog owner would hope at meeting an armed intruder) and has to put the dog down..all in the line of duty?
Perhaps the `salesman` was there earlier in the day and tormented the heck out of the dog, hence blood all over window?
Perhaps I had recently painted the interior walls of my house and while using a single edge razor to remove roller splatters, I cut the bejeezus outta my finger and it goes unnoticed at first..so I`m off for sutures.
lol.gif

I`ll just pray something like this never happens to me, as I would feel violated.

OK, I have to agree with 4949 on this one. You have no idea how that hurts either.
smile.gif

btw, 49, I hear your mayor is a hero now days. Nice to hear something positive once in a while.

Last edited:
Back