New Frontier Polymer Lower

Fed ex says my lower will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to go pick it up. Then I'll spend the rest of the day and evening, pulling the trigger and catching the hammer, trying to get it broken in and a little smoother.

I hope to have it out this weekend to give it a spin and see how the rguns upper shoots.

Nice! I ordered my lower on March 19th, called Joe Bob's yesterday they said another 2-3 weeks.

I got my RRA upper all ready, and my Leupold Mark AR scope! Just need a lower! !

Originally Posted By: HibsNice! I ordered my lower on March 19th, called Joe Bob's yesterday they said another 2-3 weeks.

I got my RRA upper all ready, and my Leupold Mark AR scope! Just need a lower! !

We had more lowers hit us today...we're caught up through most orders placed through March 12th right now. We only had a couple hundred hit us this week. We should be getting a few hundred more lowers next week, so we most likely will get the order out then. Sorry still for the delays!

No worries, Im not upset, just excited to get my first "personal" black gun assembled :) Been great communication from you guys though, a big plus!

I got mine in on Thursday but, it had been over 30 days since I did the paper work, so I had to go re-fill out the paperwork and wait another day. I finally got to pick it up on Friday. I took the R-Guns upper with me to the shop to check the fit while I was there. We got it on, it was a snug fit on the back end towards the buffer tube. I pulled the trigger several times and caught the hammer, definetly not the worst trigger I have pulled, that goes to my Hi-Point pistol. It is much better than my Mini-14 as well. Still it isn't an Accutrigger. I didn't get a chance to shoot her yet but, I'm going to try to get out next Sunday and see how she runs.

Looks like I might be getting mine soon! And with an A2 buttstock, which is what I originally wanted anyways!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: HibsLooks like I might be getting mine soon! And with an A2 buttstock, which is what I originally wanted anyways!
smile.gif

thumbup.gif

We now have IN STOCK, the New Frontier Armory Polymer A2 Lowers. We don't have a whole lot of them in stock at this time not already spoken for (only a few dozen), but should be receiving a good hundred more in the next week or so inbound. This is a JoeBob EXCLUSIVE, and won't be available anywhere else in that configuration unless a dealer purchases it through us.

We also now have IN STOCK, while supplies last, the New Frontier Armory Polymer Pistol Lowers with T2 Buffers. These have a Spike's Tactical Pistol Buffer Tube Kit installed with T2 buffer ($60 retail) so these are a killer deal. The T2 buffer alone is $30 retail.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HibsNice! I ordered my lower on March 19th, called Joe Bob's yesterday they said another 2-3 weeks.

I oredered mine 3/19 too. They 1st told me 8 days, then 14 days, then 30 days, then that it would ship last week. Still waiting.................

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: weedwalkerOriginally Posted By: HibsNice! I ordered my lower on March 19th, called Joe Bob's yesterday they said another 2-3 weeks.

I oredered mine 3/19 too. They 1st told me 8 days, then 14 days, then 30 days, then that it would ship last week. Still waiting.................

I got mine Yesterday, but I did switch my order to an A2 buttstock. They said it would still be a wait for the 6position adjustable buttstocks.

Originally Posted By: weedwalkerI was going to switch mine to an A2 also, but they said mine was going to ship last week. So I didn't switch.

Unfortunately we were expecting a few hundred 6pos lowers to arrive last week and only had 100 arrive, causing us to be obviously shorter than expected. There are alot of variables on incoming shipments unfortunately. Honestly, right now New Frontier is getting us more lowers than ANY other company. Demand is incredibly high for a $100 complete lower, shipped, in an election year. Spike's has taken 3 months to send us 150 lowers, and we feel lucky. New Frontier is sending complete lowers (obviously harder to get all the parts together and assembled compared to stripped) in that same quantity every week, so all things considered its not bad, its just not keeping up with demand at this time.

I know a few posts back, a week or so ago, JoeBob's mentioned where they were at with the ratio of lowers to order date, (i.e. recieved enough lowers to fill orders placed up to "X" date). Do we know where the run stands now?

I live next to NFA (New Frontier Armory) and visit the shop multiple times weekly and can tell you first hand that they are being effected by the election scare but are doing what they can to satisfy customers with the hard to find parts. Their store is always extremely packed with customers who are also ordering the same lowers and parts that JoeBobs is providing so it will be tough for a little while to satisfy everyone at once but be patient people. They will deliver as promised and always make sure the customer is always happy. Just be thankful that your wait is only like a month long and not the 8 month like majority of the other manufactures. Give it a little more time and everyone will be close to a year backorder as the election scare gets closer.

Originally Posted By: ID Dog ChaserI know a few posts back, a week or so ago, JoeBob's mentioned where they were at with the ratio of lowers to order date, (i.e. recieved enough lowers to fill orders placed up to "X" date). Do we know where the run stands now?

Orders at this time for the 6pos lowers we're caught up to orders placed on 3/16.

*New Frontier Armory Polymer Lowers -A2, Pistol, & Stripped Now Available*

Now Available and IN STOCK:

STRIPPED2.jpg

New Frontier Polymer Stripped Lower: $44.95

STRIPPEDWITHLPK2.jpg

New Frontier Stripped Lower with LPK Installed:$64.95

LW15-A2.jpg

New Frontier Polymer lower with A2 Stock:$119.95

Pistol.jpg

New Frontier Polymer PISTOL lower with T2 Buffer: $129.95

If you have ordered one of the backordered 6pos lowers and want to swap at any time to a different version, please fill out this form:

New Frontier Armory Lower Change

^^^ Fill out this form and we'll fix your order on our end and then contact you to finalize the order.

What is the longest caliber (chambering) that one of these lowers will support?

Please forgive the noob question, I have a build in mind. I am not positive about all the possible calibers that the AR platform can handle, because I keep getting conflicting information. If you know specifically if the .308 Winchester can be fed through this lower, and if I can build an upper to accept that chambering, this one may just be the lower I am looking for.

My current rifle is in 5.56 but I am hoping to add some hunting power to my arsenal for longer shots than the wind drift and the rule of diminishing returns in energy production with hotter loads and heavier bullets allows for when using the .223 for game up to and including deer, hogs, and yotes, at ranges beyond 200 yards for the smaller critters and 100 or even 50 yards for the larger ones. I want a heavier caliber for some shoots, in other words, and the .308 Winchester is a proven round for extended ranges if I can utilize it in this platform.

If I cannot use .308 in this one, is there a polymer equivalent that I CAN use .308 Winchester ammunition in? Do I HAVE TO go with the heavier and larger AR-10 platform?

Last edited:
In addition, have you guys got a solution for my dilemma if I cannot chamber an AR-15 in the .308 Winchester? I am not averse really to using the AR-10, I guess, if I must, but I would LIKE to keep things compact if I can, and I may not be able to afford the LR-308 from DPMS's website.

Back