Zimmerman To Be Charged

azmastablasta

The natives will rejoice.

Zimmerman to be charged by Florida special prosecutor, report says

Published April 11, 2012

FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey will announce that she is charging George Zimmerman in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, The Washington Post reported Wednesday, citing a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It is unclear what charges he will face. But a press conference is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. ET in Jacksonville, Fla. where Corey will "release new information" regarding the investigation, according to a press release.

Sanford police and Al Sharpton, who has been in contact with Martin's family, were unable to confirm the report to Fox News.

The unarmed Martin, an African-American, was shot and killed in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., by neighborhood watchman Zimmerman, who claims he was acting in self-defense.

Zimmerman's lack of arrest in the case has sparked nationwide protests by civil rights activists who claim race has been a factor in the investigation.

Zimmerman has been in hiding for weeks and is not believed to be in the state of Florida, his former lawyers said Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/11/zim.../#ixzz1rlUuNoF2

You know the fix was in as soon as the racebaiters converged. Wouldn't you have loved to be a fly on the wall in those smoke filled back rooms while the Sen. and Congressmen were trying to figure whose buttons to push to make this go away.Even the conservatives wanted this handled so as to not cause problems with the stand your ground law. The special prosecutor was busy kissing up to the racists in her announcement, it was sickening. Zimmerman is toast. Forget about justice. And he better hope to spend the rest of his life in protective custody in prison. He's screwed I'm thinking.

Video here: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/11/rep...sday-afternoon/

My guess is that he will be aquitted, but it's going to cost him a lot in legal fees to fight it out.

I could be wrong, we don't know everything there is to know. But it seems to me that he may be able to make a reasonable case for self defense.

suicide may not be out of the question. he's screwed whatever the outcome.
that would really P off the race baiters

Like said...The real point of contention was that he was not arrested/charged regarding the incident...It may take up to two years before any kind of significant trial takes place..

Now that the announcement has been made, a lot of the steam will be out of the local balloon and maybe most of the protestors will fade away...I'm very concerned about Zimmerman's safety after all the hoopla and threats..

The burden of proof is still on the prosecution and, IMHO, the guilt "beyond a shadow (reasonable) of a doubt" is really questionable..Not all facts are known to the public and I think the bringing of charges can be as much political salve to the situation as the expectation of a conviction...

OT,I thought maybe that was why they charged him with 2nd degree instead of manslaughter.I thought in this case 2nd degree murder would be much harder to prove than manslaughter therefore his chance for acquittal much better. but I may be totally wrong. I guess the judge can allow the jury to find manslaughter instead of murder. Can the judge do that or how does that work?

OK, So he's being charged, why hasn't that crackhead from the
black panthers being charged??? If you or i try to hire someone to kill another person, i seem to remember you go to jail for that. OH, I forgot, They are a protected bunch of haters!!!!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/11/us-usa-florida-shooting-lawyer-idUSBRE83A1HS20120411

Quote:
Florida shooter Zimmerman is "very lucid": defense attorney

(Reuters) - The new lawyer for George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer charged with murder in the death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, is not concerned with his client's mental state, he said on Wednesday.

"He's OK. I'm not concerned about his mental well-being right now," attorney Mark O'Mara said. "He seems very lucid."

O'Mara said he was hired by Zimmerman on Wednesday, about 90 minutes before Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey announced she was charging Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Martin in a gated community in Sanford, Florida, in February.

On Tuesday, Zimmerman's previous attorneys said they were withdrawing from the case because they had lost contact with him. At a press conference announcing their withdrawal, the two lawyers had raised concerns about Zimmerman's mental health.

O'Mara said he does not know Zimmerman's exact location, only that he is in Florida. Corey, the prosecutor, earlier said Zimmerman had turned himself in but declined to say precisely where.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/11/us-usa-florida-shooting-plea-idUSBRE83A1JA20120411

Quote:Zimmerman to plead not guilty in Trayvon Martin death: lawyer

(Reuters) - Florida neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman will plead not guilty to a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of unarmed, black teenager Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman's lawyer said on Wednesday.

"It's a not guilty plea," attorney Mark O'Mara told reporters outside his office in Orlando, Florida.

Quote:
Second Degree Murder Definition

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

For example, Dan comes home to find his wife in bed with Victor. At a stoplight the next day, Dan sees Victor riding in the passenger seat of a nearby car. Dan pulls out a gun and fires three shots into the car, missing Victor but killing the driver of the car.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/second-degree-murder-definition.html

Quote:
Voluntary Manslaughter Definition

Voluntary manslaughter is commonly defined as an intentional killing in which the offender had no prior intent to kill, such as a killing that occurs in the "heat of passion." The circumstances leading to the killing must be the kind that would cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed; otherwise, the killing may be charged as a first-degree or second-degree murder.

For example, Dan comes home to find his wife in bed with Victor. In the heat of the moment, Dan picks up a golf club from next to the bed and strikes Victor in the head, killing him instantly.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/voluntary-manslaughter-definition.html

In looking at the layman's condensed version of the law above, if I had to guess, either the prosecution is leaving room for acquital in the Second Degree Murder charge, or hoping that Zimmerman will plea to Manslaughter.

The evidence the press has offered would suggest Manslaughter is probably more in line, however if the prosecution feels it can prove that in following Martin, Zimmerman's actions were irresponsible and lead to the confrontation that resulted in Martin's death, or that the use of deadly force was excessive, or both... Then it would appear she may have grounds for Murder 2.

I don't believe the prosecution can prove the killing intentional, and I honestly think she would have a difficult time proving an obvious lack of concern for human life, given the numerous reports about Zimmerman's character. The fact that he's head of the neighborhood watch patrol, is repeatedly calling and reporting problems in the neighborhood to the police, helping neighbors, etc. suggests he is not only concerned for human life, he is concerned for quality of human life as well. The only place it appears the prosecution really has grounds is "dangerous conduct" however as described above, '"and" obvious lack of concern for human life', I think she's going to have some trouble proving that as a whole.

On a side note... While stories in the press today suggest that his previous attorneys quit because they were unable to contact him, there was a blip on the news here that he hadn't been in contact with his attorneys for days, and had been in direct contact with the special prosecutor, and his attorneys were going to remove themselves from the case because of the breech of procedure.

Well, well....second degree indicates that maybe incriminating information has been developed from witnesses or other sources. The original police investigation suggested manslaughter. I would guess that some of the half dozen folks who reported the incident actually provided additional evidence...just a guess.

Unfortunately new incriminating information a month after the fact, and after a month of misleading media coverage is pretty iffy. I'd still say the prosecutor is hoping for a plea to manslaughter.

What you say makes sense ROCKY.

HB: There is way to much we DON'T know about what occurred to even present a plausible scenario; unless, of course, your liberal Trayvan hotline knows more than anyone else as to what transpired.

We'll just have to wait until this unfolds in the courtroom to find out, now, won't we.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Well, well....second degree indicates that maybe incriminating information has been developed from witnesses or other sources. The original police investigation suggested manslaughter. I would guess that some of the half dozen folks who reported the incident actually provided additional evidence...just a guess.

HB, all anyone has done up to this point, like yourself, is guess. Rocky is spot on with his analysis. This should never have been allowed to become a cause celebre for the ignorant black power advocates. I will promise you that the high muckey mucks had many back room discussions over how to calm the restless natives. That's how it works. The po' ole black folk are being played in an attempt to mollify their rallies. Unfortunately Zimmerman has become an unwilling pawn in this game.

This case should never have hit the national news. This type of scenario occurs daily across this nation with black on white, white on black and mostly black on black, but yet we rarely hear about them. You can lay most of the blame directly at the feet of our lame brain, racist Dear Leader. When he entered the fray it caused the nationally known racebaiters to find another cause.

I actually felt sorry for the victims Mom yesterday when she proved that she is so low in intelligence that she can be so easily played. Her response was Oh thank you Jesus, all we wanted was an arrest. The power players in Fla had her pegged just right. Now things can calm down, put the sacrificial goat in protective custody and keep on keepin on. Any trial will be at least months away, the natives will become restless about some other cause. The truth is the racebaiters like Jesse and Al aren't any smarter than the rest and none of them see that once again they are being played just as they always have since they were freed.

Well Well, we should wait & read the trial transcripts(not MSM media points) to see what comes of this before some gather the lynch mob to hang him, shoot him or drive him to suicide.

I wonder if this will be another "trial of the century" circus atmosphere? Seems like its moving that way.

T2G

Originally Posted By: Rocky1
In looking at the layman's condensed version of the law above, if I had to guess, either the prosecution is leaving room for acquital in the Second Degree Murder charge, or hoping that Zimmerman will plea to Manslaughter.

Here is another thought on the 2ND degree murder charge.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/crim...e-of-us/1224619

Quote:In a highly scrutinized case complete with racial overtones and a public outcry for justice, the prosecutor went for the most serious charge she could, de Vlaming said. Even if a jury does not buy murder, they might settle on a lesser charge of manslaughter.

As someone said,I would not be surprised if they don't pressure Zim to plead to manslaughter.He would have to be feeling like he is about to be lynched.

Back