favorite powders for 95gr pills in the .243??

JustC

I bought my son a .243, and am fixin to load some 95gr NBT's for deer. Anyone have a favorite powder?? or is there a consensus on which one or two I should start with to save some time?

Originally Posted By: JustCI bought my son a .243, and am fixin to load some 95gr NBT's for deer. Anyone have a favorite powder?? or is there a consensus on which one or two I should start with to save some time?

Go here for the most up to date loading data:

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

I love H-4350 for the 95 grain bullets.

in the vacinity of 43.0g of H 4350 with a win primer, bullet kissing the lands will put a smile on your face.

On the Black Combined technology bullet in 95g, my load is 44.2g, but no way can you shoot that hot load with a naked bullet(std non coated).

For Bridge Trolls and Zombies use the 95g Partitions.

Check this site for a lot of loads reported by shooters:

www.centerfirecentral.com
Click on reloading on the right side and follow the prompts

Last edited:
H4350 is probably where I would start with any of the 308 Win. based cartridges. Good temperature stability, meters well, and produces very acceptable velocity.

Thanks guys. My 8 yr old wants to go on the next boar hunt with us, and it is coming up quick. I just don't have the time I would normally dedicate to load ladder testing with multiple powders etc. I need to throw this recipe together quickly and get him some trigger time in prepperation.

Originally Posted By: zillaI have used a 95 Nosler Partition and IMR4350 for years..

This is what mine likes as well....

i use to use imr 4350 in my 243s but a friend gave me a lb of imr 7828 wow i could not believe the improvement in group size and standard dev.as to date i have taken 23 elk with my load of 7828 and nosler 95 gr bts in my ruger ultra lite 243 it shoots the 95 at 3156 fps it really reaches out there

Back