Coyote Fishing

lazysob

One of my favorites. I took this out of a Corpis Christi newspaper.

Robert Wright and John Wood, both 18 and from Corpus Christi, appeared
in federal district court on July 13th and pled guilty to charges of
attempting to take wildlife and possession of alcohol by a minor. On
April 29th, rangers found the two men parked on the beach with fishing
poles baited with deer meat. It was determined that they were fishing
for coyotes - that is, waiting for acoyote to eat the bait, at which
point they would reel the animal in as it fought to get away. Wright
was fined $550; Wood was fined $750 and required to attend ten
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. Both men were banned from the park for
two years, prohibited from possessing Texas state hunting licenses for
a year, and required to attend a hunter safety course. The fishing
poles were forfeited; a handgun that Wright had in his possession will
be returned after two years. [Tom Crowson, PAIS, 7/23]

lol!!!! well at least it isnt harvard fishing this time, all they ever catch is squirrels!

------------------
have fun and shoot straight
brad

I think this is the perfect place actually, if a man can't get a chuckle out of these two knuckleheads then something is definetly wrong .

So tell me NY what exactly in this post do you object too? inquiring minds want to know..

People seem to want to know alot about me.
smile.gif

Mr. Lindley might just agree with me on this one. ( Not trying to put you on the spot.)

We discussed a similar topic in January about the practice of hanging meat from hooks on trees to catch coyotes. The coyotes would jump up and grab the meat and then be "hooked". Some people think the topic should not have even been talked about on this board.

This is an illegal activity that I think makes hunter in general look like idiots. Some might say others will "get the idea" that this could be fun to try.

I think its fine to talk about it, but laughing about this and other illegal actions that knuckleheads do lends credence that this is what hunting is about.

P.S.

Are all the inquiring minds on the other critter getting tech. forum? James asked me the same question and Michael likes reading my posts. Just curious.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Maybe NY would have seen some humor had it been a couple of blonds.
Thinking they were going to catch Coyotes that way struck me as funny.

I find it hilarious that they tried to catch them like that, as long as they got caught before they actaully got one.
Matt.

------------------
Liberty Or Death-Don't Tread On Me
Molon Labe!
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand.-- The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

Corpus Christi, Texas...Yep that's where I grew up at. The place they are talking about would have to be out on the "Island" . That is a National Seashore and that is why it got Federal intervention. I can assure you that the two little "drunk" fellas got caught by a fedral Park Ranger. As far as humor goes I don't really find anything funny or humorous about these two idiots. It being that they were in Texas makes it doubly irritating.

Nynovice you have not put me on the spot. I find it sad that they would be doing something of this nature. A form af animal abuse to put any animal through that just for thier amusement. I don't find it strange that it happened in Corpus Christi as there are a lot of people in that place that are no way formed or fashioned in thier right mind and some (not all) the kids are really wild. It was this that I talked about in the previous thread in the other forum, when I said that it was important for us to pay attention to what we put on here . A lot of people did not agree with me then and they probably don't agree with me now but then so be it. It is thier right to not agree. Responsibility does not come from others just listening to us we have to teach by example and this in my opinion is a poor example. I can hear the people around there now in how they referred to those two "hunters" and what they did. Chances are great that those two never even hunted before and have no idea what it means to do so........James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

James pardon me but if anyone wants to classify these two idiots as hunters then logic certainly would have no impact upon them.

The humor in my opinion lies in the utter idiocy of their efforts, I mean give me a break , two drunks with fishin poles and treble hooks being considered hunters??

These guys arent hunters, and no one with any sense would make the mistake of confusing them with such.
The fact that some have is just a clarification of the signature at the bottom of your posts.
I agree that there are some things that might not belong in an open site, this however is harmless in my opinion , its relationship with hunting is so vague as to be nonexistant.

The only tie anyone has is because they said they were trying to catch coyotes, give me break.
What if they had said they were trying to catch beaver? would they put trapping in a bad light?

I think catching coyotes with giant weight bearing hooks from the trees could actually catch a coyote and therefore, be considered cruel.

The fishing pole and meat for bait never would have worked. It wasn't going to happen and even trying was just plain idiocy. Even if they got hooked in the lip or even if they had swallowed the hook, there is no way that coyote was gonna get reeled in. Unless of course the coyote swallowed the bait with a giant treble hook and there was a 3 foot steel leader and 50 lb. test. Well, did they have all that stuff? Actually, it sounds like fun. But it does sound cruel. So, my I opinion??????

I don't have one. But this does belong in the humor department!!!!! I laughed when I read about those Goombas.
biggrin.gif
:0

James pardon me but if anyone wants to classify these two idiots as hunters then logic certainly would have no impact upon them.

Craig, logic to a lot of the people that live in a city,(since I grew up in one I think that qualifies me to state my opinion on this one) has no bearing, as they do not know what hunting entails. I grew up in the city but I had a major background and raising from a small rural background. In other words , country roots. Now before someone flames me about city folk I will agree that there are some people that come from the city that hunt but you will find that there are a lot more from the city that have ever picked up a gun or went out in the woods. The woods to this group would be the tall grass at the golf course that seeminly eats thier golf ball every time they are there. These are the types that I was refering to.

Robert Wright and John Wood, both 18 and from Corpus Christi, appeared
in federal district court on July 13th and pled guilty to charges of
attempting to take wildlife and possession of alcohol by a minor.

Case in point the newspaper article. They don't even know how to classify it. Once they put it as attempting to take wildlife(hunting?) and then they turn around and call it fishing for coyotes. They will be ultimately called hunters as there was obviously a handgun involved. Besides where in the heck did they get the deer meat that they were using? Did you miss that? I know I did on the first reading but after I read it a couple of times I see everything in a different light than some do. There is the smoking gun that is needed for the people in a city to say "There are some more of those slob hunters. They went out and killed a deer to use it for bait for hunting coyotes"

I took the time to call an old friend in Corpus and that is the answer that I got from them. Sad but true. I did not even attempt to defend hunting as I have found that it is useless on some city folks...

I will admit that I have never been accused of having a sense of humor when it comes to an idiot of this magnitude. I just don't have the patience to deal with them.. Not your fault. It is just a character flaw on my behalf. If others feel that this is funny then I will not attempt to change that veiw. I was just stating how I felt. If you find it amusing then by all means laugh away
biggrin.gif
. I promise that I will never hold that against you ever!
biggrin.gif

I do on the other hand think it is important that we try to tell others that we do not condone this type of activity.

Besides they were using the wrong type of bait to catch beavers Craig. Everyone knows you have to use Rosie O'Donnel to do that
biggrin.gif
..Sorry my bad I just couldn't resist. Her show came on tv while I was typing this. I appologize to all you Rosie fans out there
biggrin.gif
>>>>>>>James L.

Encore,

Didja notice I was sure to give him a beer-belly and a sunburn ?

You can hang that on the 'Fridge door if you want to
wink.gif

James,

You make a good point and the Rosie joke illicted a chuckle on my behalf.

Robb,

You never cease to amaze me! WOW! I knew you could (and would) do it! Good Job!!!!!

Waaaaa Haaa haaaaaa,

Five minutes later, and I am still laughing at that dang picture. Ya' Darn goof'!!!!

LOL haaa haaa haaaa. You're AWESOME!!!!

Back