Built 2 more the other day.

coyotex

Would post pics,,but well i hardly ever do.

They are a matched set of dpms lo-pros..on delaware machinery lowers...lemme tell ya..both were the tightest fit ive ever seen.

These i built for my dad(still surprised he wanted me to do em)

The lowers are pretty plain..but tight...i also put stainless trig sets in both...that break at 4.5 pounds.....i told my dad to buy some lottery tickets.

I HAVE pics...but due to my daughter no photobucket

X

Originally Posted By: coyotex
I HAVE pics...but due to my daughter no photobucket

Does your daughter wear the proverbial pants in the family?
tongue_smilie.gif

Daughter to Dad: "NO DADDY! No more photobucket privileges until you clean the garage, mow the grass and take out the trash!"

Bad Daddy..

Well technically my daugter used my email address for her photobucket,,,before she had email

I reckon i could figure it out.

X

I shot them about an hour ago...legit 3/4 shooters with standard triggers...got lucky and they both break clean,with smooth pulls.

As my usual with my "shooters block"...4 in one hole,,and consistantly sling the fifth one.

Ill take some pics of the groups.

X

Originally Posted By: coyotexI shot them about an hour ago...legit 3/4 shooters with standard triggers...got lucky and they both break clean,with smooth pulls.

As my usual with my "shooters block"...4 in one hole,,and consistantly sling the fifth one.

Ill take some pics of the groups.

X

Thats some good shootin, especially without any sights!!

build5.jpg

just kiddin man, those are some nice builds

Thanks vent-o-later,,i never even got to try the 60 gr hornadys...they both seemed to like the 40 grain blue tips.

Every time i shoot one of these builds,,,it amazes me that something built on a kitchen table,,,can shoot so well.

X

Update on the twins,,,delivered em both today at my fathers 50th anniversary party..

Not identical twins anymore,,one it wearing a Vortex sparc..the other a redfield 3x9x50 W/accurange on a pepr.

Total Bill:
rifles x2 879.00

Optics x2 471.00

Total=1,350

X

STHIL 046 w/48" Bar...wing ning ning ning..used to cut some wood w/that bad boy!..
Nice rifles BTW...remarkable you could build two for that cheap inc. glass

I thought it was STIHL...oh WELL..the idea was do 2, sell one.

But he Kept em both,,even after i had a buyer at 700 for one.

I also finished the upgrades on my "go to" AR tonight...Bubonic..AKA "Black Death".

X

I think your right STIHL..been outta tree work for 20 years, but those saws worked great...start on a couple pulls even in sub-zero temps.

He kept `em both?
mellow.gif

ETA- and that big Stihl saw was the 064 not 046

Last edited:
Back