Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 model# TA11F

c wayne

Im looking into getting one of these put on my ar-15...anyone have any experience with these are far as coyote hunting goes?

Wayne,

I don't know why your getting zero responses on this but the one for sale in the classified section is a smoking deal! I have never read anything bad about this optic but the only question is can you get used to the reticle? I personally love the chevron and I think you could always recoup your money if you didn't like it at that price. Sorry I'm not much more of a help yo you. Good luck.

Eric

A trijicon ACOG is not a precision optic per se'.. If you want to shoot fleas off of a dogs [beeep] at 300 yards, this ain't it.
But they are bad [beeep] pieces. Rugged as the day is long.
They are made for man sized targets.
Now, with that being said... that ceretainly does not preclude it from being a great AR/ coyote optic... at least up to 300 yards or so. IMO
I have one on my ar for coyotes.
And the one for sale is a deal. I'd buy it, but I am a horse shoe guy.
Wags

A lot of guys use them in action competitions very successfully....but then, most targets are in the 30-100 yard range with an occasional few in the 150-200 yard range..

As stated, they are developed for man sized targets in combat situations and if I remember right, the elevation and windage adjustment dials are in rather large increments....so zeroing them for longer range precision shooting may be a problem...

Most of my optics have 1/8" and 1/4" adjustments and some of the combat optics are set up with 1/2" graduations and that can be a problem at longer distances as the accuracy cone expands as the distance increases...

I will be buying one soon. My leupold vx3 4.5-14 never leaves 4.5x and I have dropped dogs at 200 yards at 4.5x and never once thought about cranking the power up. The clarity of the ACOG's that I've looked through was amazing to say the least. Is it worth $1000 for shooting coyotes? Probably not. Am I willing to pay that? Sure. I will be purchasing the TA31 model which is 4x. I know that the eye relief is shorter than TA11, but I'm used to shooting nose-to-charging-handle, so to speak so this is not an issue. The TA31 weighs less, has 0.5x greater magnification and has a larger field of view than the TA11. Now I just need to figure out if I'm going with crosshair or chevron.

Thanks for the advice guy..the reason i was asking about this was because I saw the one in the classifieds and i knew it was a deal but i didn't know the range on theses and the scope would just be used for coyote hunting. I passed on that great deal because i was still on the rocks about it.

Good woman there.
My GF buys me boat racing parts. WOOHOO.
I will be picking up my $32 TA11 tomorrow. $1008 in cabelas reward points (saving for almost 2 years) and employee discount e-mail certificate means scope costs 1040 + tax!
YEA!
Hope yours works out great!
Wags

BTW, are you planning on any aftermarket mounts such as ARMS, LaRue, etc?

Last edited:
TA-33-8 has 1/4" per click adjustment @ 100 meters. Not trying to argue, just pointing out that the newer ACOGS have better eye relief and tighter adjustment increments.

Back