Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#2199736 - 04/12/12 09:16 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: DoubleCK]
Jesse lackey Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan. Go Blue
What the heck CK, Trapper2 is more credable than me now? Im truly hurt! hahahahah

Kirby, i dont meen to sound like a smart azz, but its just so natural to me, so here goes...................
Im not sure what the coyote's relation was to the pups, I tried to ask, but this perticular yote spoke spanish!

All im saying is that all the "wildlife Biologists" and "experts" can say, and wright books, and internet articles about things that they know to be true, But when people who spend all day every day dealing with the critters, rather than making maps of their travels, and watching them from a hill top with a camera tell and show me something, it tends to make a believer of me. I will take facts proven by my own eyes any day over what i read on wickapedia.

"six potato chips all at once? wow, guess he is gonna make a decoy dog!" hahaha just kiddin guys!

#2199740 - 04/12/12 09:21 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: Jesse lackey]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Sorry Jesse, but your posts have just gotten too long for my short attention span. That one was a whopper! LOL

#2199742 - 04/12/12 09:22 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: Jesse lackey]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Loc: nowheresville
Originally Posted By: Jesse lackey
What the heck CK, Trapper2 is more credable than me now? Im truly hurt! hahahahah

Kirby, i dont meen to sound like a smart azz, but its just so natural to me, so here goes...................
Im not sure what the coyote's relation was to the pups, I tried to ask, but this perticular yote spoke spanish!

All im saying is that all the "wildlife Biologists" and "experts" can say, and wright books, and internet articles about things that they know to be true, But when people who spend all day every day dealing with the critters, rather than making maps of their travels, and watching them from a hill top with a camera tell and show me something, it tends to make a believer of me. I will take facts proven by my own eyes any day over what i read on wickapedia.

Well then we might be related? laugh RUN...JESSE...RUN
Well I'm pretty much the same way, Jesse. If the experts opinions/theorys don't match/(or counter) what I've seen in the field. Then their opinions/theorys to ME don't hold much IF any water.

#2199744 - 04/12/12 09:26 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Now back to decoying. Lion dog or lap dog? Go

#2199748 - 04/12/12 09:28 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
i guess i missed something jesse said, i cant find where he said it was non-related, the only place i see that is from you. i dont know how often it happens but it can and does. we aint all going to agree on everything and i wasnt trying to get anyone to, just stating what i have seen

#2199749 - 04/12/12 09:29 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
so if the 2nd coyote was wet??? was there 2 different litters of pups in the same den. she had to have pups otherwise she wouldnt have milk.

#2199754 - 04/12/12 09:33 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: emeraldterriers1]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

emerald, the gyp i saw only raised that set of pups, i believe she was dry and came to her milk, just what i think and saw, no proof. i do know of two different guys that have bought coyote pups home to raise and their female dogs came to their milk with in 4 days and raised those pups, i guess from motherly nature, again just a guess, but it happened

Edited by trapper2 (04/12/12 09:35 PM)
Edit Reason: to add "coyote pups"

#2199761 - 04/12/12 09:43 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: trapper2]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

interesting,i figured they would have to of whelped a litter

#2199768 - 04/12/12 09:47 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: emeraldterriers1]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

maybe she had in the past, i dont know, i know both of the dogs that came to their milk had raised litters in the past but not anywhere close to the time the coyote pups were brought home and they went to raising them

#2199775 - 04/12/12 09:55 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
SHampton Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: BAOklahoma

#2199799 - 04/12/12 10:22 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
Coyote Cruiser Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Gilbert AZ
My dog and I have been mentioned a few times so I will throw in my 2 cents. I would like to thank Knockemdown he has called me a young man twice. No longer true but I will take it every time. Yep I have a Cane Corso and he is going to be hunting with me. I haven't figured out a way to really use his strenghts yet. Denning season seems like the best time I could get Mr G out see some yotes that might interact and not run from the sight him. At this point I am thinking coyote retreiver and or a decoy not to bring them in but to draw attention away from me. He is definatly getting a dog back pack so he can haul his own gear and water maybe the AR,extra ammo, shotgun, ammo for the shotgun, my strut seat. He is a working dog so he is gonna work. I am not taking him out just to watch him "wool up" dead yotes.

Knockemdown has what seemed to be legitimate concern about the safety of a pet being taken into the field. Would I take an average fat black lab tennis ball chaser out coyote hunting or recommend anyone else did? Probably not, but in my post I mentioned that my dog is in good shape and is no stranger to dog on dog conflict. A dog with a ton of drive that's smart and eager to please seems like a great hunting partner no matter how big he is. Would i buy a Cane Corso to hunt coyotes? H-ell no! I could get a pack of Curs and an old horse with money still left for gas instead.

There was talk about killing coyotes and the time of year. I have been shooting coyotes for about 23 years. I have my prime spots where no cattle graze good deer populations and more than a few desert bighorns I leave those yotes alone during the spring/summer. Nature has a good balance there why mess around. Another place I go I killem all regardless of size,sex,nipple shape,shade,walking,standing,running, playing or sleeping in a den. The cowpoke that grazes his heard around there likes to see the buzzards circling a litter of pups and a female instead of his calves. Any man who has the balls to graze his cattle in a sea of jumping cholla and steep canyons is gonna get a little help from me anytime I can give it. We are hunters we kill things and if anyone has a problem with it maybe we could start a "Pursuit Only" thread so they can discuss all the coyotes they didn't kill.

This is a great thread. I tip my cap to all of the members who have contributed.

#2199949 - 04/13/12 08:29 AM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
kirby Offline
PM senior

Another visual of a non-bagged nursing female. Pic was taken yesterday. She has 4 pups.

#2199952 - 04/13/12 08:40 AM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: kirby]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

i would still be leary of using your cane corso retrieving a dead coyote....he could choke to death running with food in his mouth. and why would you subject the dog to carry all your gear when your capable of doing the same... to he!! with the curs get a saddle and ride that dog to your stands!lol

#2199979 - 04/13/12 11:00 AM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: emeraldterriers1]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
good idea on the dogpack!

They make them for smaller dogs & I've outfitted my new decoy lap dog in style with a Louis Vuitton 'decoy dog' pack...

Then, when a coyote is finished with the dog, I can put what's left of him in the pack... scared

But that's OK, beacuse this is my other decoy dog prospect, also outfitted with a daypack...

I can put all sorts of dog toys, bones, balls & whatnot in the pack. Since those are the only things this dog will be chewing on stand... blushing

Hope those photos didn't offend anyone or hurt their feelings... rolleyes

#2200037 - 04/13/12 01:06 PM Re: What makes a coyote chase a dog? [Re: knockemdown]
doggin coyotes Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Colorado
How about a cool doggie trailer for all the hunting related crapola? Could even put the dead coyotes in it.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.