barrel for savage model 11???

chris fodge

Anybody know where i would look for a aftermarket barrel for a 22-250 model 11? Maybe aftermarket stock? Any thing i can do to the action to improve this gun? This is the gun i have to start building. Never built a custom gyn before and this is all i have to start on.

Barrels???
www.midwayusa.com
www.brownells.com
www.ershawbarrels.com
lilja....Hart...Shilen.... pick one

Stocks?
midway, brownells, Boyds, B&C, etc....pick one

The action doesn't need anything "improved" unless you don't like a specific thing.

I have a stock 10FP from a decade or so ago(308) that I shoot 1K all the time. If you are lucky enough to have an old 3-screw trigger, do the adjustments, buy some good glass, and a stock that fits your shooting req's.
If you are chasing 1,000 I REALLY recomend something like a Choate U.S. for the weight. Helps with recoil, if you are a several hundred round per outing shooter like me.

Go to Savage shooters website look up Northland shooting supplies Jim Brigs has Shilen, McGowan and CBI barrels stocks go to Stockystocks

+1 on the posts thus far!

I would opt to try shopping over at savageshooters.com and buy a factory used barrel and save even more money!

It will cost you a paid membership but at $12 for a year and there are technical articles and such available.

Even if you don't buy a used barrel, there are many other items for sale by members.

Here's what I did recently in the "build" department:

I bought a model 10 barrel in .204 Ruger (blued bull), a precision accutrigger and a .223 bolt head complete.

All of this was installed on a new model 11 with a tupeware stock.

The only thing I bought from a retailer was a replacement detachable magazine for .223/.204 (cost an arm or three also!!)

After it's all said and done this build is shooting .268" for three shots @100 yds with the factory 32 gr. V-max and .210" for 3 @ 100 with the same bullet and brass in a handload.

What's not to like?

Best regards

Three 44s

All the above....yup! Jim @ NSS on the savage site or Sin Arms guy, they will get/make what you want or you can buy a new take off bbl for a lot less from them.
I got my 6x45 bbl from NSS and its shoots lites out. I got an ER Shaw bbl from midwayusa and it also shoot tiny holes in targets and varmints.

Those Criterion barrels are great. They are very accurate and for the price and the fact they are prechambered ready to screw on the rifle they cant be beat.

A buddy of mine just bought a new factory sporter barrel in .22-250 for $85 plus shipping. We installed it two weeks ago using my tools. The barrel came from Jim Briggs at Northland Shooter Supply. He is in the vendor classifieds on Savageshooters.com. If you want a varmint profile barrel, they are much more expensive.

I have a Savage Model 11 left hand that I swap barrels on regularly. During deer season it is a 7-08. The rest of the year it is a .22-250. I bought my barrel on eBay before they shut down barrel sales. It was a takeoff from a Stevens and I paid $65 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Back