New crimp in LC 11 brass?

UtahShooter

So I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

LakeCity11Brass.jpg

What needs to be done to it so so you can seat the primer. I do not see a way to remove it.

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterSo I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

What needs to be done to it so so you can seat the primer. I do not see a way to remove it.

Cut it or swage it, just like a regular crimp.

Hi Joe,
Looks like that'll render their brass un-reuseable so that people will have to buy their brass new. Interesting concept to help motivate sales. Guess someone at LC sees this as an opportunity to boost sales because too many people have been reloading their casings which are in most instances, are darn good to reuse. Clever, but I'm sure it'll irritate a whole bunch of folks.

Alex

Joe,

Looks like that brass is unusable. Send it all to me and I will dispose of it for you. No charge, You just pay S&H of $14.95. But WAIT, If you have over 5000 rounds, Send $28.95 and receive your own Autogrphed picture of Hayzeus Christo.

Dave

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: UtahShooterSo I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

Cut it or swage it, just like a regular crimp.

^^^^^^ What this guy said.
thumbup.gif

Look at at it, and think about it for a minute, then do what you usually do to crimped brass. Its the same basic thing as a "full" crimp.

Originally Posted By: MousedipperJoe,

Looks like that brass is unusable. Send it all to me and I will dispose of it for you. No charge, You just pay S&H of $14.95. But WAIT, If you have over 5000 rounds, Send $28.95 and receive your own Autogrphed picture of Hayzeus Christo.

Dave

You got it. PM me your address.

So are they just punching the back of the brass to create this brass?

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterSo I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

By the way, the proper name for this kind of crime is a "Staked crimp".

Staked crimps are not new at all, and they are not a "Conspiracy" to get you to throw it away and buy more (who thinks this stuff up??)

Staked crimps have been used since before I was born (and that was a looooooooooooooong time ago
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
Staked crimps are not new at all, and they are not a "Conspiracy" to get you to throw it away and buy more (who thinks this stuff up??)

Staked crimps have been used since before I was born (and that was a looooooooooooooong time ago
wink.gif
)

But how do we know you don't work for them and that maybe this is a trap so then when he reloads it and explodes killing him and in the process the anti's use it as a reason to ban all firearms because they are unsafe when really it is the government just doing population control and all the while here you are undercover trying to make us believe that it is ok for us to reload this brass how do we know huh huh????

So yeah maybe we all should just start buying the new brass!

(wow almost ran out of breath on that post
lol.gif
lol.gif
)

Originally Posted By: dmpowderOriginally Posted By: CatShooter

wink.gif
)

But how do we know you don't work for them and that maybe this is a trap so then when he reloads it and explodes killing him and in the process the anti's use it as a reason to ban all firearms because they are unsafe when really it is the government just doing population control and all the while here you are undercover trying to make us believe that it is ok for us to reload this brass how do we know huh huh????

So yeah maybe we all should just start buying the new brass!

(wow almost ran out of breath on that post
lol.gif
lol.gif
)

Oh my... What did you have with dinner ?? I'll take a five gallon jug!

lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: UtahShooterSo I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

wink.gif
)

Nobody is talking about a "conspiracy" here. Talk about "who thinks this stuff up??" Even you have to admit, your "staked crimps" aren't exactly a widely used method of crimping. So swag to your heart's content while the rest of us stick to nice clean ammo uncrimped brass that has a proven record of success. (WOW - Now I'm starting to better understand the intent of some of lyrics of songs out of the Haight Ashbury folks back in the early 60's when I was a teen.)

Originally Posted By: ShynlocoOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: UtahShooterSo I have some range pickup that has what some have called "rose petal crimp" on them.

wink.gif
)

Nobody is talking about a "conspiracy" here. Talk about "who thinks this stuff up??" Even you have to admit, your "staked crimps" aren't exactly a widely used method of crimping. So swag to your heart's content while the rest of us stick to nice clean ammo uncrimped brass that has a proven record of success. (WOW - Now I'm starting to better understand the intent of some of lyrics of songs out of the Haight Ashbury folks back in the early 60's when I was a teen.)

That make no sense at all...

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: biggen0_8Think I need to go find my tinfoil hat, for this one.

Nah...armadillo shell hats. Works better.

I gotta go finish my Z-Day bunker preps.

Originally Posted By: CatShooter

Oh my... What did you have with dinner ?? I'll take a five gallon jug!

lol.gif
lol.gif

Well I do work at a Ethanol plant....
whistle.gif
whistle.gif

I would think that for that staked primer a swagging tool would work best. I would think that any type of rotating cutter would have a tendency to chatter. IMHO.

I have not run into the staked primer yet with the Once fired 223 brass I have bought and wont now that I bought 1k of LC10 new brass.
thumbup.gif

DAB

Back