March HOM!!

reb8600

Staff member
It is time for the March Hunt Of The Month story
thumbup1.gif
. The season must be slowing down, there were not as many hunting stories in March. I did find these outstanding stories this month though
thumbup.gif
. I know turkey season is coming. Lets here some of those stories.

A special thanks goes out to the sponsors and HOB's for the prizes they donate. If it was not for them, this may not be possible. Be sure to send them a thanks and support them when you need something. They are not required to do this.

First Place

This months winner is going to get a wonderful set of calls made and donated by Rick Robbins (Bearmanric) - This is a real nice prize. One is his Thunderdog and the other a Southwest laminate. He did an outstanding job on these calls. Rick does a lot for the HOM.

Here is a link to his web site. www.rrcalls.com

ThunderDog-SouthwestLaminate.jpg

Below are the links to the stories. Please take some time and read them. The members put some work into writing them. After you do place your vote for the one you think is the best.

I will run this until 6:00 PM EST on April 8. It will be an Easter gift for the winner.

1. Tough day of calling, Better Than ANY Day at Work... by Getemclose

2. 4 cats, friends, a camera man and a young man's first cat - by Yellowhammer

3. Monday Night Two-Fur-One - By Arizona Bushman

4. Third Bobcat Down! - by Diamond c

Thanks. I have been busy for a few days and didn't realize my story was nominated.

Ursus, in answer to your question, I am not sure what the tally was when "time was up" but I know that you can still vote. When I got rebs pm, I came to look but could not see the poll results since I had not voted. I voted for myself (of course) so I could see the poll results and it was 26-27. My guess would be that it wasn't tied when the official time was up, and someone voted afterwards that changed to vote total, but that is just my guess.

IIRC when I checked it after the contest ended Yellowhammer was up a couple of votes so I think you are correct Sean.

Back