Burris fullfield TAC30 vs Burris MTAC

Chase16

I'm looking for a new scope and these two seem pretty good. Just wondering if the MTAC is worth the extra $100. I can buy the MTAC, but if its a drastic difference between the two, I'd rather buy the TAC30.

Thanks,
Chase

I have a Burris LRS and the switch is a piece of crap. I can't ever get it to do what I want it to. I've been considering sending it back to see if they can make it better!

Not sure how much eye relief you are looking for but both of those scopes have 3.5"-4". If you need more than that you might look into a scout scope.

There are 3 major differences between these two scopes. The MTAC has an independent magnification ring as opposed to the one piece eye piece. This is probably the only case where I prefer the one piece unit over the independent. Just grab the eye piece and crank.

The illumination switch has been upgraded to a rotary style rather than the push button version.

The knobs on the MTAC were upgraded to the finger turnable E1 style low pro hunter knobs.

Everything else is nearly identical including the eye relief which is 3.5-4". Not sure how much eye relief bfr is looking for but if you need more than that you might look into a scout scope.

Burris Optics
I Had the Tac 30 on a XP100 and a 284 rifle. Could not get it to feel like I wasnt in the scope.

Iv got a 3x12x50 XRT on a 284 XP100 and love it.
XP31.jpg

Last edited:

I just got an Mtac to put on my .223, but I haven't mounted it yet
I chose the Mtac because:

1. I prefer the independent magnification ring (think scope caps)
2. The illumination knob is better

Back