What to expect

tnshootist

I live about 12 miles from a small town with maybe a few want to be gang members.I am about 70 miles from a large city with full fledged gangs.And about 250 miles from a bigger city with serious gangs.
My question is what do most think will be,if there is,a big blow up in our system.Who do you think someone who lives in a rural setting will have trouble with.Do you think roaming gangs or something else.I read that one of the most dangerous gangs in the US now has 36,000 members across the country,coast to coast.If they were a uniformed little army our guard for example could make short work of them but they will not be and they will be disorganised groups affiliated with each other when they by chance meet up.
I really don't think race relations is so bad that a purely race war will break out.I think roaming gangs will be the problem and that new gangs of varying purpose will spring up.

I would just like to hear what you folks from different parts of the country really think might happen.We may go on as is without anything this big happening,I sure hope so.This country has endured a lot of things and returned to a normal.The War between the States being the most devastating,and we recovered from that.
It just seems like something is different this time.Is it? What do you think?

Here's my take. The recent threats regarding the ghetto goblin in Fla should be a wake up call. The race baiting vultures have descended and are revving up the peeps. The problems will continue to fester and Fla will have it's hands full when and if a not guilty verdict is received. A few other major cities around the country will flare up in "solidarity" and because that's what people of that mentality do. It will be brought under control shortly.

However, when zero is not re-elected, that will be the tipping point. Any part of the country harboring decent quantities of blacks could/will become war zones. Fortunately Az has a very small percentage of blacks. The hispanic population is less likely to act the same due to the large numbers of illegals who prefer to remain under the radar. Still, it would be wise to take proper precautions such as stocking up on water, food and other necessities. It goes without saying lots of ammo.

Being in a rural area can have both advantages and disadvantages. It makes one a more likely target to roving gangs who will focus on dispersed homes. I and my neighbors on a cul de sac have discussed these potential events and are as prepared as we can be. It's easy to spout bravado and say bring it on, but most reasonable, normal people have an aversion to indiscriminately killing other humans. Hopefully an adjustment can be made before its too late.

An interesting article below:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/America-s-14-Most-Ready-to-by-Chaz-Valenza-110811-723.html

At the first excuse riots will happen in some places to allow looting.As said that probably will be stopped in a matter of days.I think long before food would have to be a problem looters and thives will do all they can get by with all they can.Will that then be the end of it or what will happen next?

It's coming sooner than we might think.

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free
2:22 p.m. EST, March 30, 2012|

By Arelis R. Hernández, Orlando Sentinel

If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, theRev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Sharpton would not say the efforts would be taken against the city of Sanford specifically, but he has been critical of the police department's handling of the case.

Saturday's scheduled 11 a.m. march from Crooms Academy of Information Technology to the Sanford Police Department headquarters was organized by National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Coordinators said people will be bused in from other states to participate.

The civil rights activist and syndicated television show host said he will elaborate on this plan Saturday.

"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn't arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story.

TheRev. Jesse Jacksonis also expected to participate in the event.

The case has ignited ire and debate across the nation, galvanizing thousands of Trayvon supporters to the streets and social media, donning hoodies and toting Skittles.

Sanford police this week released a video of a handcuffed George Zimmerman apparently showing no visible signs of physical injury after he claimed that he shot the 17-year-old Miami teenager in self-defense.

Zimmerman's family have come to his defense on national news networks, releasing details about his version of what happened the night of Feb. 26 when police found the teen face down in wet grass.

Sharpton said the recent revelations only underscores the need for an immediate arrest and trial.

"Whether he [Zimmerman] had a swollen or broken nose, neither one means he had to take a 9mm and kill someone," he said. "It's not about saying Zimmerman is innocent or guilty, this is about whether there was probable cause to arrest him."

He criticized the way authorities have released information about the case and said they are setting a harmful precedent, he said.

Sanford city officials announced several road closures in anticipation of the march including 13th street, from U.S. Highway 17-92 to Lake Avenue; as well as, Persimmon Street from McCracken Road to 13th.

The demonstration is expected to end at 2 p.m., organizers said.(At 2:15 the looting begins, ok I want all the looters to line up over there.)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012...nal-association

let me get this right:
Sharpton is "axing" blacks to impose "economic sanctions"
confused.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Maybe this is not the right place to be asking these questions but I don't want info from the whacko sites.I wanted to know what real people who have things in common with me and my family really think.
If you don't know what to think,I would value hearing that.
If you think its a bunch of bunk I would like to hear that.
I am just looking for real mens/womens opinions and worries about the next 2 or 3 years.
I am usually one of the people who thinks nothing much is going to happen,this time I'm not so sure but I don't know where "it"will be coming from.

If you watch any of the Prepper shows on TV the expert assessment is always to be well armed in the event gangs of thieves may want what you've readied for. I haven't invested in years of food, just traps, copper and lead and would probably starve to death the first winter since deer have been whipped out but gave it an honest effort.

I like that Doomsday Bunkers commercial and can't believe it's on TV. If you haven't started preparing you are already dead. Maybe I'm one of those whackos but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HunterBear71"When survivals the goal, it's into the spider hole."

He is one tough dude and I would like to combine resources with him.

People with livestock,say beef,do you think it will get so bad a person will have to stay with his herd to protect them?I have worked in disaster areas several times and know it can get bad quick,but is it going to be that bad?Some people think it will,just think what that would mean,it would have to be that bad all over the world wouldn't it?

In the event of the collapse of society, I don't think an individual would be able to protect their livestock from hungry and desperate hordes. I really don't anticipate that kind of scenario. However, there is certainly little harm in preparation for natural disasters and unusual situations. Similar to the concept of preparing for hurricane season. In the event of an actual societal collapse, intelligence,common sense, and animal cunning would probably be very useful tools.

During the 1999/2000 event,I was in a line of work that took me to peoples homes.For some reason they felt like sharing their fears with me.We had literally hundreds of families that moved into this area because they felt they would be safer.Different folks made different preparations depending on what they feared most.They were most all people who owned property in other areas that allowed them to sell out where they were for enough to come here and get a better set up for the coming disaster.Poor people had no money to make this move.It seems to me that what most people fear is each other.In the disaster areas I have worked in the only deaths I knew about were those inflicted on each other,and accidents with their power arrangements,they electrocuted themselves.The only deaths caused by the aftermath of the disaster where those who had no family or friends to help and froze to death.There were several deaths of old people freezing to death in their homes,in some cases it was no one knew about them or could not get to them to help.

Quote:In another generation, America may well face what Africa is now experiencing - invasions of private land by the "have-nots;" the decline in health care quality; roads and buildings in disrepair; the banishment of your history from the education of the young; the revolutionization of your justice system.

Obamacare

This has been going on for some time.

Quote:most dangerous of all, the craven politicians who believe "compassionate conservatism" will buy them a few more votes, a few more days of peace.

Still wondering why the resistance to controlling the border?

Regards,
hm

That is exactly what I think will and is happening now and has been going on all my life.It has just now became more open to be seen.I have a friend who used to go to Africa to hunt almost every year.I have heard him tell about the blacks there hooking tractors to the telephone cables in the ground and ripping them out.Then they had no phone and no one to rebuild it.We have seen some of that same kind of thinking here in the past riots where housing was burned but then it got rebuilt.Now I don't think the country can rebuild if that kind of thing happens.I do believe that is what will happen exactly to the T.

tns,

One thing to think about doing is getting together with some neighbors you trust and form a watch committee (if you haven't already). The main thing is not to be caught by surprise by any criminal invaders. At the very least you want to have some intelligent responsible folks keeping an eye out for potentially dangerous situations, and have a reliable communication method to advise each other of suspicious activity. This way you at least are not caught with your trousers at the dip.

Of course you will want to be pretty circumspect involving any action/reaction you take (see Zimmerman/Martin). On the other hand, if a carload or two of urban criminal gang-bangers does attempt to victimize you or your neighbors, they should find themselves surrounded and outnumbered by an fore-warned, organized, armed, and disciplined defense, forcing surrender or flight. Next-door-neighbors will respond faster than the local deputies can arrive.

Something to think about anyway. Good luck...

Last edited:
This county is big enough that you can expect an hour wait time for the law most times and 20 to 45 minutes for an emergency ambulance.
How do those times compared to other members time for response.How about some of the really large counties in Tx and places like that.Do they have substations and such to shorten response times.
Reminds me of an old man when I was a boy who had a dog that would not chase rabbits,he would backtrack and see where they came from.Around here the law seldom get a chance to get on scene till everything is over and the ambulance is leaving with the victims.

Back