i took today off!!

vargy

i had a guy down this weekend from north of rochester minn. his screen name is yoteler. he brought down his 2 hounds.yesterday we hunted soth with kevin.drove around for while looking and all we seen was tracks.we eneded up sending some hounds in a sec and they jumped a yote and headed south. the hounds were way behind this yote.kevin drove out and put hounds on it in a open section and it didnt take long and they had it caught. yoteler seen his first ever catch.our jump hounds make the catch intime to get a little chewing on it. we sent a few more hounds in a section. im trying a new red female out right now. i sent her with hunter.she is a younger hound that is all red. her name is sandy.wasnt long the hounds were jumped.kevin had a few in , yoteler had one in and my 2. got to the north road and seen sandy running her own yote.she wasnt 20 ft behind the yote.she went on west. i make the west road just in time to see yotelers hound come across the hard slab 10 ft behind another yote. he came with in 2 ft from getting hit from a pick up.man it was close. my heart was stoped for a bit.i pulled up and added about 6 more hounds to help him. they run it for a whileand must of lost it. i seen the yote cross back over the hard slab so i added some more heat to it.i could hear them run the yote about a hour in the big brush section.it was hard to see much there. we tryed a few more sections with nothing. today yoyeler and i stayed around here and run.7:02 he spoted a pair. i got back in the field and give him directins where the yote was heading. he made it there and put 2 hounds on it.i got back in my perch in the field and had a front row seat. i sat there for a hour listening to them run the yote in a brushy timber.i tryed to add hunter in the race. he was pulling and came across a old track and started messing with that instead of making it to the race.i watched 30 some head of deer come out to the north. it wasnt long i watched the yote run the same path as the deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
the yote went north up a fence and turned right back in its tracks and went back in the brush right over all those deer tracks.well as you know yotelers hounds lost the track. hunter finally made it up there and picked it up in the brush.i added max and they messed with it for a hours. we got the hounds caught and i was pulling out and seen the yote jump out of a south fence row.i went to cross the creek that i crossed on the way in and yep i get hung up.. yoteler gets there and pulls me out. LOL i get to where the yote crossed the south road. i put max and hunter on it. this was a open field and had a lot of ice on it. they couldnt run the 45 min old track on that ice.i find the track on the next south road. i put blondi and angel on it.they took it and went east. i make the east road and they lost it and came to the road.i look out in the field and see the yote standing there. there was a farmer out there picking corn and his black lab was there. he sees the yote and started chasing it right to my truck. oh here we go. blondi seen the yote just as it crossed the road 100 ft in front of my truck. im dumping one side of my box.9 hounds looking at this yote. now the race is on. i make the next road and see them cross. it turns south and the hounds start loosing some ground.i get yoteler in place on the south road. the yote couldnt make the fence right by him. it runs bside him for a bit. it goes to cross the road behind him and he hits the breaks to get hounds out. the yote runs right into the back of his truck. the yote makes the road and he gets one hound after it. now they are heading for the south hard slab. thats not good.i make the busy hard slab just in time to see his hound cross 20 ft behind the yote and thank god the cars seen them coming and slowed down for them.i let yoteler handle this race and go back to catch hounds before they get hit.i get back heading north and see another yote cross right in front of me.i find the whole pack of 9 hounds running another yote to the east. i get them all caught at another hard slab where the yote crossed.yotelers hound had got behind the yote. he could still see it and directed me in the field to where it was.the hounds in my box could see it so i drop 7 hounds on the ground.casey is already out running for the yote before i even get my box open. LOL the hounds are closing the gap fast. one of my little female terriers is out and wont get in the truck fast enough. i missed the catch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
my new hound sandy made her first catch today.my female pup was there doing a great job pulling hair and baying her heart out at 9 months old.and of caorse casey has his mouth full to. LOLwe i get them all loaded and head to find that last yote that crossed in front of me.we spot it laying in a frence row. i drive out and wake him up and put hunter and max in the race.oh yea casey got in this one to.i couldnt get casey to stop on this one so i let him go.the yote makes the north road heading for the train tracks. well there happens to be a train going by and turned the yote back. i added 5 more hounds. sandy the new hound is in the lead closing the gap. the yote made the road right near my truck and sandy missed the fence.i added 7 more hounds in the race.the yote makes the brush with apro 9 hounds right in the rear. he got them in the brush for a few mins and made some time. i see it heading east again. i make the hard slab just as the yote crossed. now the yote is heading for a real big section. we get all the hounds stoped except 5. its getting late and didnt want in that big section. i make it in the middle in a field and get the last 5 shut down.that yote today makes #17 catches this season. here are a few pics from today.

june-1.JPG

on the left is my 9 month old pup pulling some hair.standing over the top of casey is my new hound sandy.in the back is blondi. back right in my 11 year old hound named bear and hunter on the right.annie and max had just got out of the pic when taken.

june-3.JPG

max is in this one.(black and tan) little june is still pulling her heart out.
sorry for such a long book.

Vargy

vargy, you can realy tell a story i am exhausted after reading your post. i felt like i was there. one thing i dont like is the hard slab roads and train tracks you talk about. i would be fearful about this. i bird hunt in lenox in the south west part of iowa with my gsps. i can get away from hard "j" roads and into sections crossed with gravel or dirt roads for miles in all directions. during the week days all i see is a school bus, mail guy, and a pick up once an hour. is your hunting area more populated? bob in nj

this is yoteler,, it was an awesome time hunting with vargy the guy really knows his stuff and has some great hounds. when the hounds made there first catch I was so excited I jumped out of my truck and forgot to grab my camera, it was on a 4 hour drive down to vargys and it was well worth it. Vargy thats for showing me a great time I will be back to hunt again.

Back