Great RED LED Long Range Weapon Mount Light Setup

They may say that it does not work, but I know better as it works for me!

The size of the LED emitter is much smaller for the Crimson Red Led than the white LED, but it does not seem to matter, it still fits properly, just more diameter of empty space around the emitter.

Hey guys, even if you do not have any NV gear, the visible green aiming laser from the LDI DBAL-I2 works extremely well way out past 225 yards with the Olight M3-X for an instant kill with no sights at all, just the laser...

DBAL%20I2%20Left.jpg

DBAL%20I2%20Olight%20M3X.jpg

Just ordered a new Olight m20 crimson and 2 18650/3000 batteries. And the smooth reflector too! Hope it gets out there far enough. Skypup, how far away is the coyote decoy in your pictorial.....And where did you get it?

It is about 40 yards out, I got it from Amazon.com, search for coyote decoy. The Flambeau one is the best but the Edge one is okay too.

PS. I tried the night thing about a week ago and called one in. Was scanning with a Ryobi 18 volt HID (35watt?) I shined while my partner shot. I want to be able to transition from the hand held to the olight. :)

At night using your scotopic vision, your rod cells are the ones being used as your cones are nonfunctional.

Your rod photoreceptor pigments are most sensitive to wavelengths of light around 498nm (green-blue) and are insensitive to wavelengths longer than about 640nm (red).

Also, your iris is fully dilated at a maximum diameter of 6-8mm depending on your age, which is why a scope exit pupil size greater than that is worthless.

That also happens to be why a GREEN LED or GREEN LASER is MUCH EASIER for you to see than a RED LED OR RED LASER....

Finally got the Olight in and installed the smooth reflector. It seems like it's going to work great but haven't had a chance to go. I didn't realize the 18650 batteries were the size they are, I thought it was new terminology for "AA's". Oh well, I guess I'll get a white light from Olight to use around the house so I can use and recharge the batteries rather than them sitting around most of the year.

18650 battery terminology stands for 18mm in diameter and 650mm in length....

BTW, the 18650s do hold their charge real well.

Sky, I remember you putting up those measurements earlier but never gave it that much thought.(never measured a "AA")
smile.gif

Gman, not really. Just ordered it because of what Skypup had posted. I played with it with the original reflector and it was bright and lit up the yard well for being red. Then I put the smooth reflector in and it seemed much more intense. Was nothing to light up my shed 100 yards away. I just need to try it on some yotes!

FYI .... Olight M-20CS Red LED now $79.95 + 5% off for fathers day thru 6/17 Use coupon code: FATHERS at checkout.

I just ordered one and Remote switch coiled cord $10 smoth reflector $6.

Here is a silly question. Can I assume the o light momentary feature basically shines for a few seconds the turns itself off and back on again or something?

It sounds like it might be a good scan light? I am planning to get the kill 250 and 100 pack but the adjustable intensity setting of the o light might be nice. I am pretty set on the kill 250 for the gun as I have tried those out and liked it.

Last edited:
The momentary switch is just manually activated, ie it is on as long as your finger is holding it on. It is just a partial pushing of the on-off switch that momentary turns it on as long as your finger is holding it on without actually pushing all the way in to turn it totally on. Works great for quick fast scans without actually engaging the on light all the way on.

I do not believe that anyone in this LED Night Light thread has been lying or misleading anybody, it is here specifically for educational purposes so that people can learn and understand about various LED night lights?
thumbdown.gif

Originally Posted By: ChickThe Destroyer, by Sniper Hog Light has the others beat, hands down. The RED LED light works well beyond the rated distance. This manufacturer will not lie to you, or mislead you.

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/thedestroyer.htm

Do you have any specifics? lumen ratings? or anything other than your opinion why it's the best light?

Last edited:
Back