Bull Barrel for Weatherby Vanguard?

Chase16

I have the standard original vanguard and it is very accurate, but I just want to know if there is a bull barrel I can buy for it and have installed. Thanks

Chase

Most guns can be 'rebarreled' just about however you want. You may need a new stock too. You could start by asking a reputable shop how viable it would be for your particular gun.

You can put any barrel on it you want, but as stated earlier you may have to change the stock. Got to love those vanguards. I bought the first line of sub-moa's and it shoots.

Yeah, I just have the original, but it shoots very well. I dropped a timney in and it helped a lot. Only downside is the selection of parts vs a R700.

The Varngaurd uses a Howa 1500 action. It's not quite as mainstreamed as the M700, but there are items. Plus, barrel blanks aren't pre-fit. You pick your maker, contour, bore/cartridge. Then your smith sets it up for you.

Another option is to sell the Varngaurd, and build from scratch. There are a few sources for Rem 700 actions to start.

There are way more experienced builders on here, but I'm researching and learning for my upcoming build.

Yeah, I've thought about selling it and buying an R700 or building one. Also, where was your picture with the F-16 taken? My dad retired from flying them in '05. Just wondering.

That picture is from Balad AB, Iraq. That was one of 4 2000lb bombs for a special and deliberate mission. After they dropped, the IED attacks dropped by 52% for the next 6 months.

I have a 36"x24" photo of me loading them. It's a pretty proud moment in my career, thus far.

If you're going to build one, use the Vanguard action.

Just as strong and reliable as a Rem700 plus a better extractor and and easier trigger to tune at home.

Back