Ruger 77/22 mag?

I have a suppressed 77/22 in 22lr. I love it. It takes the same mags as the 10/22 and the barrels comes off the same way. So it makes it very easy to change things around it you don't like the setup. I'll try to post a pic here in a bit.

I had one 77/22 and will never have another. On mine the hole that the barrel went into was not straight with the bolt face. And it threw a pattern not a group.
I understand that these things happen, my problem was that Ruger seemed to think it was acceptable.

7722.jpg

I have an all-weather (stainless) in .22 Mag. and it shoots/works fine. I shoot CCI ammo in it.I also have an all-weather in .22 LR and wood one in .22 LR. These shoot fine on the cheap Winchester(333,555) ammo. By the way, I think the 'boat paddle' stocks rock!(OK,I'm ready,let me have it...).

Originally Posted By: Muttwalker>biggen, had you heard of that before?

I hadn't heard of it before I bought it, but after some digging on the internet, I found that I wasn't the only person who had experience it.

I actually sent mine back to Ruger and received it back saying that it was within their specs.

Mine was so bad that it pinched against the left side of the barrel channel to the point that I couldn't open the channel far enough to relieve it. That's when I took it to a gunsmith and he tore it down and found the problem.

I guess if your looking at one, take a good look at the barrel channel to barrel clearance.

10-4. Did you end up selling it or going to a different breed? If so which one? After you mentioned that I started looking at the CZ's, are they worth a hill of beans?

I ended up trading it with the same gunsmith, of course I took a beating on it. I ultimately ended up with a CZ, and couldn't be happier.

I stepped down to a 22LR and went with a 452 varmint.

I've still got it several years later, and that is rare for me when it comes to rimfires.

Last edited:
Back