Just dropped the 223 off at the smith

brockel

Dropped her off and am getting the 223 ackleyed and having the barrel cut to 21 inches. Have a 4x16 scope im stickin on it. Now need to order a stock. Its going to be my truck and calling rifle. Now what stock do you guys think? Its a remington 700 ADL

Last edited:
What platform you building on? Is this a factory or aftermarket barrel? Im not knocking, just asking...

Should be a great carry rifle!!

It has the factory stock on it so I was thinking I would upgrade it since the factory stock is pretty weak in the forearm. Suppose I could stiffen her up alittle if I wanted to

Get an HS, pick your flavor, they have many. They are light, stiff, they just flat work.

Or, if you have extra money to burn, you can look into mcmillans, manners, even chassis systems if you like.

You can get folder options in some of these, perhaps allowing you to stow the firearm a bit easier in the vehicle, conceal it, then pull out quick to dispatch the critter.

I like my B&C medalist. Its a solid stock. My current build will have a Bobby Hart laminate from stockysstocks.com. I've seen a couple and I am pretty impressed. They have a nice and beefy bedding block, as do the medalist.

Originally Posted By: calling4lifeGet an HS, pick your flavor, they have many. They are light, stiff, they just flat work.

+1
They're my favorite for an affordable composite.
We just ordered one from Stocky's for my buddies old ADL that's getting rebarreled as we speak.
They're on sale. Or at least they were a couple weeks ago.
Luck

Back