Third Bobcat Down!

diamond_c

Earlier this evening I decided to head out and see if I couldn’t get something called up. I got set up and started running thru some of the calls on my FX3. I’d been there for about an hour without any luck, but enjoying myself nonetheless.

I had just turned the volume down and all of a sudden a flash of fur caught my eye to my right. It is another bobcat! She bolted from the fence line and across the open area as I fumbled with the remote in a vain attempt to turn up the volume. I forced out a lip smack that must have sounded like a drunken weasel, but it got her to stop at the brush line and look back long enough to get a shot off.

This is the third bobcat for us this year, and this rifles first blood. It is a 6.8 caliber (overkill and not good for fur) made up of the following: AGP Lower, DSA upper, ARP Scout barrel w/mid-length gas system, YHM smooth free float handguard, YHM gas block w/flip up front sight, ACE buttstock, Magpul MIAD grip, Leupold VX-II 1x4 scope in a Burris PEPR mount.
IMG_7005a.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

HOMBanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice cat man, keep at it and thanks for sharing !! Any mount or rug in store for her? What sounds were you going through on the FX3?

Texas sure is dishing out the cats right now! God I love living and hunting in this Fine state
thumbup1.gif
( Where abouts in TX are ya? Sorry if you already said, bad memory )

Last edited:
Thanks fellas!

Yotecatslayer34, I was using the bay bee cottentail again. At least for this area, it sure seems to draw them in. My neighbor raises goats and has recently lost seven kid goats to predation. We are about three hours south of you between San Antonio and Laredo.

6mm06, I sure hope to take a hog or two with it. They are all around me but by the grace of God, they are thin on my small slice of land.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachMust be nice to still have a season. Here,Here on that post. Season starts too late and ends too early here.

Diamond c, That is a very nice cat. It looks to have a really nice spot pattern all over. I enjoyed your story, it's short & sweet while still providing plenty of detail action and no 'filler'. Congrats on the the kill & a well written story w/pics. Thanks for sharing.----Ben Jimmy

Back