Remington model 7600 synthetic

buck rogers

Hey guy's I'm new here to this forum.
I've been planning on getting into Coyote hunting this year if things go right & I'll be starting out with a 870 12 gauge.
I've also been looking around at some different rifles & know I would like to have a Savage in 22-250. I've also been
looking at the Remington pump action .243 with the synthetic stock. My question is have any of you guy's had any
experience with the 7600 pump? Thanks

My handle has 760 in it for a reason. My first center fire was a 760 (pre-7600) in 308. They call them the Pennsylvania Machine Gun. Mine has killed hundreds of groundhogs and a pile of deer. They aren't a bench rest gun, but 1" at 100 is easy enough. They are light and hand and should make a decent predator gun.

And Welcome to Predator Masters!!

My father has struck mortal fear in the hearts of deer in northern Minnesota since 1963 with his 760 (.30-06) pump. In the early days, when 90% of northern MN hunters were using a .30-30 or similar with iron sights, dad and his scoped 760 with its ability not just to hit, but to kill deer dead at and beyond 300 yards produced awe and wonder. His ability to whack running deer in heavy brush on deer drives is legendary.

They are not tack drivers, but as already has been said, they don't need to be. Sometimes good is good enough and the fact of the matter is that a fast second shot that hits produces the same result as a first shot hitting.

How that gun would compare to the current quality you'd get from a more recent Remington, I don't know

Grouse

Remington's pump guns are excellent rifles. They can usually use a trigger job (like most factory production repeaters today) but reaching MOA accuracy isn't usually much of a problem.

As has been stated in PA you'll find many of these guns in the field. They are quick pointing and if you are used to a pump shotgun, very easy to operate and make rather quick follow up shots compared to a bolt action. The downside to them compared to a bolt action is they are less accurate and if you load your own the action isn't as strong as a bolt action if you want to shoot very hot loads. I'd advise you to find one and handle it. To me they are a very nice handling rifle.

Thanks for the info guy's it's appreciated. Like I said above I'll probably try & find a 22-250 first just tossing around some different idea's for now. Thanks again.

pahntr760, "Pennsylvania Machine Gun" I like that. lol

Mike B, where did you score that 7615 at. Sounds nice.

The synthetic models are lighter and handle a little better for me than the wood-stocked models. I really like mine in .270. I've looked at and strongly considered the 7615 too. Definitely a natural fit with the 870.

my wife shoots a 760 in 300 savage. That is a very nice little rifle. I had it cut down to fit her and pacmeyer recoil pad on it. Bought a new spring for the trigger. She can make them touch at 100 yards shooting factory remington ammo

Actually, traded a guy for it. There are a few online - Gunsamerica, Gunbroker, etc. I've seen for sale. A few different variations too I've seen - w/ or w/o peeps, etc. We can't use semi rifles here in PA to hunt with, and this matches up with our deer guns - had one since 13 - doesn't everybody!??!??! LOL!! The AR mag tends to be where the balance point is - or really close to it, so I'm gonna p/u a short, synthetic mag (Pmags, etc.) for hunting so I can get my hand comfortably over the mag well better. I figure if I don't get a yote or 2 in the first few shots, 10 more won't help!! 'Course, there's always the pending Apocalypse to keep doubled 30 & 40 rounders for! Then there's the AR drums.........

Originally Posted By: Mike B'Course, there's always the pending Apocalypse to keep doubled 30 & 40 rounders for! Then there's the AR drums.........

Zombie's.... I hate them more than Coyotes. lol

Back