ASC=CProducts for 6.8 mags?

stealthman

Looking for some CProducts 6.8 mags and read where ASC brand is the same as the CProducts mags. Guess I'm late to the party. So are they really the same mag and same quality as the CProducts? I still found CProducts mags at Midway, but they are on back order. So did ASC just take over the 25 round mags or did I just read something wrong?

PRI is a better mag. The AR stoner one's work ok too. I have not seen the AR Stoner cause an kind of mal-function yet...

It is my understanding they are the same mag. I bought some for my 6DTI but havent used them yet. As for the quality, I hope it is not the same. I didnt have good luck with them before so I hope the quality is better now.

Originally Posted By: cayotehunterYeah I'm pretty sure they're the same mag. PRI is a better mag but I don't think it's worth the $20 more. My ACS mags work fine

I hope ACS has improved the first C-Products versions. My
experiences run counter to cayote's. I have C-Products, PRI,
and Barretts. I have never had one failure to feed properly
from my PRI's(10 round and 25 round) or my Barretts(30 round).
The C-Products were crap...Few cycles, one choke, was pretty
much what one could expect. I got some Magpul
followers(5.56), used my Dremel mod the top for the 6.8 case,
and replaced to crap followers in my original C-Product
mags. They run better, but they are still relegated to
"range only" mags. If it were just target shooting, or even
predator hunting, where stoppages were not that big of a
deal, I guess they're OK. For big game hunting, or self
defense, I want reliability. PRI and Barrett give me that
in a 6.8 SPC mag, the old C-Products, not so much. I hope
that has changed. The world needs a good inexpensive and
reliable 6.8 SPC mag.

Squeeze

As I understand the situation, ASC is a spinoff company by a former employee/owner at C Products. The other camp of the former C Products is making magazines again and will be releasing them soon for the .223 and the 6.8. They, LCJ Wholesale or the New C Products, are very concerned about quality and claim their mags(6.8) will allow an oal of 2.300-2.305. We will see. I use a 10rnd PRI for my 6.5DTI rifle. TTT

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SqueezeOriginally Posted By: cayotehunterYeah I'm pretty sure they're the same mag. PRI is a better mag but I don't think it's worth the $20 more. My ACS mags work fine

I hope ACS has improved the first C-Products versions. My
experiences run counter to cayote's. I have C-Products, PRI,
and Barretts. I have never had one failure to feed properly
from my PRI's(10 round and 25 round) or my Barretts(30 round).
The C-Products were crap...Few cycles, one choke, was pretty
much what one could expect. I got some Magpul
followers(5.56), used my Dremel mod the top for the 6.8 case,
and replaced to crap followers in my original C-Product
mags. They run better, but they are still relegated to
"range only" mags. If it were just target shooting, or even
predator hunting, where stoppages were not that big of a
deal, I guess they're OK. For big game hunting, or self
defense, I want reliability. PRI and Barrett give me that
in a 6.8 SPC mag, the old C-Products, not so much. I hope
that has changed. The world needs a good inexpensive and
reliable 6.8 SPC mag.

Squeeze

From what I understand over on the 68forums, there was some fallout between the coating company of the original C Products and CProducts. I believe due to some contractual wording the coating company won a lawsuit and the company (now under the name ASC), somehow. But I digress. However, someone from the original company has started their own company under the name of C Products Defense. I also understand that the new mags have newer/better followers, and will allow an OAL of 2.300". They seem to be undergoing pretty extensive testing as they were due out at the beginning of the year, they just released the 5.56 mags and originally said the 6.8 mags would follow shortly after them. Hopefully soon.

ETA: TnTnTn is faster at typing.

Last edited:
Back