Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#218699 - 12/21/04 02:36 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
Savage_99 Offline
Seasoned Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1chopper:
[qb]if anyone shoots a lion here in pa, just bring it on over and i will eat the whole thing in one sitting![/qb][/QUOTE]I saw a mountain lion up close many years ago in Southern VT. Hunters have told me that they have seen mountain lions near the Mass/NY/CT borders and that was this year. There are many places near Bennington, VT that are named "catamount" like the Catamount Trail.

I understand that the "Eastern" cougar is a protected species on the federal level.

#218700 - 12/21/04 03:20 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
1chopper Offline
Predator Master

Loc: pa
[QUOTE] I understand that the "Eastern" cougar is a protected species on the federal level. [/QUOTE]that must be why no one has got one, protected. here i just thought there really weren't any. lol
i think the "eastern" mt. lion and the big foot and the jersey devil are all covered under that. all issued kevlar vests for "protection". my mistake.

#218701 - 12/21/04 04:40 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
coyoteUGLY Offline

Loc: Butler, PA
Breeding pairs of mountain lions have been released in PA.

#218702 - 12/21/04 05:17 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
NiteFright Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: one swamp to the next
Each state has their own classification for lions.
Funny cause here in NY lions were classified "extripated"(sp?) which means wiped out and there are no more. But a few years back they were changed to endangered. Seems fishy to me, and believe me I've heard enough stories to write a book...
I'll believe it when I see it with my own 2 eyes.

Go here, Eastern Cougar

#218703 - 12/21/04 06:50 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
fooge Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: canatota new york
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1chopper:
[qb]if anyone shoots a lion here in pa, just bring it on over and i will eat the whole thing in one sitting![/qb][/QUOTE]i will bring the hot sauce,,,

#218704 - 12/21/04 09:27 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
Savage_99 Offline
Seasoned Member

There have always been mountain lions in Vermont. I have seen one and other have seen them. There are mountain lions near Great Barrington, MA also.

I could not care less if someone believes this or not. They are around.

I am not in PA enough to say if they are there or not.

In any case have a nice day.

NWS Cougar

#218705 - 12/22/04 06:19 AM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
Wolfgar Offline

I have heard the same thing about lions in New York. What do you guy's think? I doubt it in the catskills, but the aderondaks (spelling!) could support them, although deer populations are low there.

#218706 - 12/22/04 06:22 AM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
1chopper Offline
Predator Master

savage 99,
i was just funin' ya. i know there's alot of thing out there i don't know. i hope i get suprised someday. i guess if i do i'll have to eat more than my own words. lol
but this was taken from the link at the bottom of your post.

Although many promising leads were pursued, no concrete evidence was ever obtained for the existence of eastern cougar populations.

#218707 - 12/22/04 08:07 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
foxking Offline
Seasoned Member

just shoot it they are not protected at all in pa then send a picture, no lions in pa noway, insurence company put them here, are we still on earth , right after they shoot bigfoot and catch the lockness monster on a fly rod.Some people act like the game comm. is like the KGB, ALTHOUGH IT DOES SUCK WE LOST GARY ALT

#218708 - 12/23/04 08:35 AM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
coyoteUGLY Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by foxking:
[qb]just shoot it they are not protected at all in pa then send a picture, no lions in pa noway, insurence company put them here, are we still on earth , right after they shoot bigfoot and catch the lockness monster on a fly rod.[/qb][/QUOTE]I cant figure out your insistance that there can be NO mountain lions in PA. Especially since they were living here in abundant numbers within the past 100 years, AND they have been released in the state. The lion is a secretive animal who is rarely rarely seen. But suit yourself, but within 10-20 years when they get better established, you will be eating your words, lol.

#218709 - 12/23/04 12:49 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
foxking Offline
Seasoned Member

hey i hope i,m wrong but untill i see it either live or dead there is no proof in PA, its that simple. I would have saved 5k when i went to utah to get mine, if they were in pike co.

#218710 - 12/23/04 01:07 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
NiteFright Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: one swamp to the next
Lions may have been here a couple hundred years ago but so were elk and wolves and prolly some other critters.
I personally believe cougars were all killed here in the east, but do believe that some are released. Either pets that got too big, or if you look at a link on the cougar network site you'll find people who want cougars back so bad they prolly take upon themselves to release a few.

I've talked to many wildlife biologists and they all say that there are no original eastern cougars in this part of the country. Kinda wish there was though, would be fun watching Chopper try to eat one, lol

#218711 - 12/23/04 01:57 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
Rick James Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Schenectady, NY
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Savage_99:
[qb]There have always been mountain lions in Vermont. I have seen one and other have seen them. There are mountain lions near Great Barrington, MA also.

I could not care less if someone believes this or not. They are around.

I am not in PA enough to say if they are there or not.

In any case have a nice day.

NWS Cougar [/qb][/QUOTE]I grew up in Vermont and have personally seen them just south of Rutland on 2 occasions, one in the summer and one while calling yotes in the winter. My father now lives in Bradford County, PA and he swears he has seen one down there as well.

#218712 - 12/24/04 01:24 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
1chopper Offline
Predator Master

Nitefrite,
If anyone brings one over i'll freeze it untill you get your butt down here from ny and then we will cook the whole thing on a spit. now me being a nice guy and all, i would offer some to all that was incline to partake in such a feast, but given proper time and my known eating habits i think i could acomplish it on my own.
though i have eaten some meat from one that came from out west and believe "eastern cougar" meat would be much less filling. it would probably taste alot like eating "figment of the imagination."

chopper

#218713 - 12/25/04 05:45 PM Re: Mountain Lions in PA?
coyoteUGLY Offline

i dont no why you are such a skeptic when there have been confirmed cats in delaware and new jersey. Do you think the big cats dont like the PA taxes or somethin?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.