My Hats Off to Videographers (Hunt story and pics)

tt35

My hat's off to the predator calling videographers!

My cousin's daughter, Kristy Titus, just signed a deal for a new hunting show on the Pursuit Channel beginning in July. Kristy is the real deal. She's been hunting with her dad since she was old enough to shoot. She packed herself into the wilderness area on three mules last Fall to hunt blackbear by herself from a ground blind! Her dad said, "It doesn't hurt that she's a model so she's pretty good lookin' too."! We hunted coyotes in snow storms and temperatures down to minus one and she never complained--not once. She's a Hardcore chick!

Anyway, her dad thought a predator hunting episode would be good so he arranged a hunt with us just after Christmas. There were a few complications. They were unable to arrange for a professional videographer. Also, they wanted to use Kristy's monster Ford Excursion complete with deisel engine to hunt in (part of Kristy's signature). And, it was supposed to be a Titus Family thing so every predator hunter in the family had to go along! We did our best to hunt areas that had the potential to provide some video--certainly not all of them do--and to minimize the complications as best we could.

Well, it's hard enough to hunt with a "herd" of hunters and we quickly found that videoing coyotes is difficult for young eyes let alone middle aged eyes that are more acustomed to videoing bull elk at bow hunting ranges! We ended up calling eight coyotes including two doubles for them. Kristy was able to kill two coyotes. Two did not cooperate for the camera but my oldest son and I took a double on them. Three more may have died but walked as we tried to get them on camera. And, one coyote left due to some movement by part of the "herd". So, when it was all said and done, we only got one kill shot on camera!

Kristy may come back to try for more footage in February after the SHOT Show, SCI, a whitetail hunt in Texas and shark fishing off the Florida Keys. I hope so. Right now they may have to combine the predator hunting with some shark fishing to make a show. Nothing against shark fishing but, being a predator hunter at heart, that would be a shame!

So...my hats off to Les Johnson, the Predator Pusuit and Coyote Doctors Teams, Kerry Carver and the others who turn out quality videos. Once you've tried it, you have a whole new appreciation for what they do!

I'm personally ruined now as every set will be evaluated by the "footage" value it would have had.
rolleyes.gif

Here are some pics from the hunt.

Kristy's first coyote. Ninety yards.

19978_104327742919495_1000002680889.jpg

Second coyote. Sixty yards.

19978_104328079586128_1000002680889.jpg

Some of the more homely hunters with our double! (Thanks again to Timber Butte Outdoors for the Coyote Carriers!)

19978_104328119586124_1000002680889.jpg

Overall, we had a great time, learned a lot and gained a new respect for those gifted at getting predator hunting action on film. My hat's off to you all!

Watch for Kristy's show beginning this Summer. I think it's going to be called "Lethal".

I cant wait to see this show..I see how you do it now..Get some good looking women in there and you got yourself a good show!Congrats to her on those fine coyotes..Cant wait to see the new show!

Mapes: Yeah, "It doesn't hurt anything that she's pretty good lookin'" but she's more than just another pretty face. She and her dad hunt afoot six miles each way into their bowhunting area for elk day after day. Just before this predator hunt she was down South hunting hogs behind hounds. She took a couple with her bow and "stuck" another. I wasn't familiar with knifing hogs but I guess when the dogs bay one up you wade into the fray, grab the hog by the tail to keep it from getting at you and knife it in the heart! (You won't see the actual kill in the show for obvious reasons but she has the video.) It's a little initmidating to hunt with someone that tough!

Yeah, she's Hardcore, no doubt!

1sm074hole.gif

Dig far, LOL. Somebody is bored. Atleast you resurrected one with a good looking lady in camo and not another 17HMR thread like some others.

You better get back to work and stay away from those gun plumbers. They'll cost you a fortune. Had to give you trouble over the post and use my new smiley
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkePretty cool...
I'm not sure how I missed this before ,but I did .
blushing.gif

Because it was posted in 2010, but you just now searched for "Kristy Titus", based on TT35's latest post. I don't blame you....I did the same thing.
grin.gif
She sure is easy on the eyes.

Tony

Gun plumbers , lol ! Got 2 rifles going out this week,one to get finished and one to get started .
whistle.gif

Tony, I saw the date before I posted. I missed it the first, but not the second time.
lol.gif

Atleast I know who KT is now.
grin.gif

Back