Black Bear hunting in Northern California

Iron Worker

I need some one to bless me,I'm going bear hunting in the Siskou Mountians of Northern California.October 1st.Useing a 300RUM with Nosler 200gr Acubonds.

Hunt the feed first. When you find the feed, then hunt the bears. Some areas have lots of acorns and manzanita berries. Other areas have little feed at all. You won’t find many bears or deer there. It’s still dry and dusty. We had a little cold snap with a frost, but temps are back up in the 80's now. Most serious bear hunters won’t get interested until deer season is over, it cools off, and we get some rain.

Oh hey every body I went bear hunting like I said in Klamath National Forest,we treed three bears,first one was too small,secound one got away.But third one was at the last minute of the last day of the last hunt.I now have that bear in my kitchen frezzer.I never hike so hard thru the forest up and down those steep canyon walls in my life.Shot that bear at oh the gide thinks it was a 100yds,I think about 75.He was up about a 100 feetup a big big Tree.Guide gave me the all clear signal.So I fired,it was so cool.Man what a high amperage event,that will stay with me for a life time.Soon as I figure out how to post a picture,it will be here.

go down on the INDIAN REV. Hopi go past Happy camp to Pearson store at the intersection of the Trinity and The Klamath Rivers go down on Klamath to the end of the road and see a guy Charly Miller best bear hunter in the country and will not charge you a arm and leg, I lived in Fremont Calif. I went up there every year for 15 years we use to tree them and shoot them out with 9 mm with wad cutter. this time of year the bears are eating dead fish and they smell like it go in Jan or Feb. Arkansas Frog

Back