Fox Attacks Girl in Bedroom

Advice indeed?!??

The Ignorance of the "politically correct government" is even stranger than fiction -- DUH!

Cas **********

Islington council said it now planned to .... take advice on how to deal with
urban foxes.

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/6548604?source=Evening%20Standard

Fox attacks girl in her bedroom
By Rob McNeil, Evening Standard
4 September 2003
A young girl was left in agony after being attacked by a fox while she slept.

The animal bit four-year-old Jessica Brown after creeping through an open
door at her home in Tufnell Park.

Her parents Richard Brown, and his wife, Corinne Magnier, both 36, had been
watching a video downstairs when they heard her screams.

Mr Brown, an English teacher, said: "It was about 9.30pm on Sunday. We'd left
the back door open as we often do in the summer. We heard a loud cry from
Jessica's room and my wife dashed up and screamed at me to come upstairs. She
was shouting that there was a cat in the room and then she said, 'No, it's a
fox'. I ran upstairs, saw the fox and managed to chase it out.

"I went back upstairs and saw Jessica's arm, which had big, U-shaped teeth
marks on it, and there was blood.

"We got into the car and dashed to hospital. She was seen in about 15
minutes."

He continued: "Jessica has recovered well. She slept in our room that night
but has been back in her own bed since."

He believed the smell of a roast chicken dinner the family had eaten earlier
in the day lured the fox into the house.

But Mr Brown branded Islington council's response to the fox
attack "appalling". He said the fox's lair was in the garden of a council-
managed house next door, which had not been cleared for five years and
resembled "a jungle".

He said: "We have a dangerous animal living next door. I phoned the pest
control department and their response was to send me a leaflet."

Mr Brown said he was considering buying a chemical to spray in his garden to
deter foxes.

But Islington council said it now planned to clear the garden and take advice
on how to deal with urban foxes.

Councillor Jyoti Vaja said: "I was shocked to hear what had happened and wish
the girl well."

This guy needs to grow a sack and walk over there and BLAST the fox, and then put the pelt on the friggin' wall. What a weenie.

Just had a little girl mauled by a pit bull here. They put that animal down. Better not hurt that poor little wild fox. It didn't mean no harm,......sheesh.

So he chased the fox out. Which means he didn't kill it. Which also means that the little girl probably has to under go rabies shots. Or don't they have rabies in England?

I believe rabies was interduced into the United States in the 1700s by domestic dogs from Europe. Yes England has rabies.

Sorry Danny. England is rabies free. I know that because I just got a dog in for training from England and I asked the owner about vacinations, he informed me that the dog had not had a rabies shot because there were no rabies in England.

Advice: M16, full auto, 60gr V-Max, 30 rd mag.

Love the Brits, but for a country which has been repeatedly attacked, sacked, raped, pilliaged and plundered . . . you'd think they'd have learned by now that it might be a good idea to be able to defend themselves. Learning disability? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I know that this is very rare for me, but I am going to agree with Danny B. on this one. A healthy wild fox coming in to an occupied dwelling and attacking someone? I don't think so.

Red fox in English gardens are considered about as wild as hamsters are over here. I feel for the kid, but it coulda been worse--they coddle badgers the same way.

Carmel CA has a similar dilemma with human habituated raccoons coming in through swinging pet doors to get at kibble bowls in the kitchen.

Did y'all see the piece (was it on Reuter's Oddly Enough?) last week or two about numerous herds of Russian Wild Boar roaming and rooting within the city limits of Berlin? Now that's something you wouldn't want in your house!

Originally posted by DougG:
[qb]Sorry Danny. England is rabies free. I know that because I just got a dog in for training from England and I asked the owner about vacinations, he informed me that the dog had not had a rabies shot because there were no rabies in England.[/qb]
If they manged to do this they JUST did it in the last few years.

My reloading buddy killed what he believed was a rabbid dog the other day. I told him to call the Human Society and have the thing checked out, but he had already disposed of the frothy mouthed beast. Nailed the dog with a 357 in a Marlin carbine.

Personally, back in my single days, I never did mind being attacked by a fox in MY bedroom.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just think had England banned guns prior to WW11, then Hitler would have probably walked right in. An armed militia is a nations best defense. The police were probably too busy after thieves that had just done something to an unarmed person.

Back