Nikon P-22 Scope?

rookie7

Anyone buy and use one yet? Saw it online, and then found one locally to examine. Looked good in the store, but I know that can be different than in the field.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure they give you the free p series mounts. Nikon has a package deal going on. I bought the Nikon p-223 friday. I am pretty sure its a Nikon Prostaff with the .223 reticle and turrets shuld be the same forthe p22. I had to return the first one cause there was peice of grass or something on the inside of it.But I am happy with my purchase. And I really like how the Nikon Logo and the p223 logo is a graphite black color.

Thanks! I did that very thing and ordered one this morning.
Can't wait! Going to put it on a smith and wesson m&p 15-22.

That smith is one fun gun to shoot, and it's cheap to do so.

Rook, YOu are really going to like the scope and mount. I mounted up a bunch of them at Shot this year and they are very easy to use and give you and will work for many applications. The P-223 Scope received rave reviews at Shot as well. The 3-9 BDC600 Reticle will let you do just about anything you want with the scope.
Post some pics when you get it all mounted up as I'm sure some guys have seen the P-Series Mount yet.

Glad you got to take advantage of the Buy a M or P Series scope and get a free M or P Series AR Mount from Authorized Nikon dealers.

I have the 4x Prostaff. It is pretty clear glass, the adjustments were true, holds zero just fine. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

One thing I failed to mention Rook, if you go with a Custom Turret or the M-223 Series with Rapid Action Turret, you are locked into shooting a particular Ballistic load. For the M-223 it's .223 cal, 55 grain bullet at 3240 fps. Fortunately there is a lot of ammo to choose from that is loaded to these spec's.

Now the P-22 comes with 2 sets of turret's, 1 for hyper velocity and one for normal velocity Rimfire ammo.
I haven't shot one yet but I am looking forward to doing so very soon!

Barton,

When you say that the p-22 comes with two sets of turrets do you mean one is on the scope, and there is an extra set in the box? If so, I only got one set and so did my brother-in-law.

Anyway, got the scope and rings in last Friday from Cabelas. Let me say, I am impressed for the amount of money I spent. I had a rebate coupon and cabela's bucks so I got $40 off my order.

The turret clicks are very audible and definite - very impressed. The glass is sharp and clear. I don't understand why they made this with a 32" objective. Why not 36" or even 40", but that's okay.

I actually like the bdc reticle. I read a lot where folks dont', but I think it will be fine for a .22 that is geared for fun.

I think the glass is impressively clear and sharp for such an inexpensive scope. I compared it to my Leuopld Vari-X II in 2-7 that I have had for years and it is much sharper, clearer, and brighter than the Leupold.

At first, I thought it may just be bacause it is a new "toy" and I was enamored with it. However, I got my wife to look through both and she immediately said it was very obvious that the Nikon held a definite optical edge.

Haven't had time to shoot it yet, but I hope to this weekend.

I will say if anyone is considering getting it now is the time with the free scope ring offer. It's a no-brainer!

I got to shoot the new nikon p-223 this weekend.We sighted it in at 100 yards. Started shooting at 300 and on the 2nd shot it the bowling pin! I really like the scope mounts up perfect to my ar. I don't have way at the moment to take good pictures or I would.

Just got mine in today and mounted on my Spikes Tactical .22 upper with the Walther barrel. I think it is going to be a nice scope for this rig. I opted for the BDC reticle.

NikonP22.jpg

I know. It's actually made to go either way and I always have to turn them backwards to get the eye relief to work for me. I have to do the same with my RRA and Burris PEPR mounts too. There is something about my shoulders or whatever that causes me to have to do this. It's a pain because the scope is always over the charging handle but it is the best fit for me......what can I say?

Just checked and you can see the offset behind the charging handle on my 6.8 and my Digisight NV scope also. Maybe I have a short neck???

IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:
When you are taking advantage of the Nikon promo's make sure you ask the Dealer if he is participating in the promo, unfortunately not all dealers get in on all the promotion's. The Mount 'Em up Promo ends 3/31/14 so if you are looking to get a P/M-Series scope and free mount you better hurry. There is also a Rock Your Rimfire Promo going on that gives you $ off at check out on PROSTAFF Rimfire scopes.

Gman, While I need all the forward mounting capability I can get I know a few people who like to use their M-223 AR mount as you do. Only problem that you would have is if it is a XR mount and then instead of 20 MOA base you would have -20 MOA .

Thanks for posting the pic and giving your reason why that mount worked for your shooting needs.

Rookie, Yes, the P-22 comes with 2 sets of turret's, 1 standard and 1 hyper velocity. I have thus far only needed the standard velowcit turret. If you want the hyper velocity turret I can definitely get one for you and your brother, just drop me a note.

I got a 2-7X P-22 from Midway for $109 with free shipping. Mounted it on my CZ 452 trainer. It is a sweet scope. I sighted in at 25 yards. Then cranked the turret and was shooting 1 to 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with Winchester M22. I know, I know, but it shoots pretty dang good out of that rifle!

I think it's a great scope for the money!!

Kevlars

Back