New Frontier Polymer Lower

Originally Posted By: semo97
Will the price be the same?
Those of us that bought the first time they were offered are SOL on the upgrades or is NFA going to do anything for us?

Paul

I got good news! A little birdy tells me in the near future the original 2000 New Frontier out there will be getting a FREE upgrade of components. That's a pretty generous offer, IMO, considering they are not necessarily "Needed" functional upgrade, but are a nice to have upgrade. We'll post up details on our website, send a newsletter, and on here, when things get finalized. Basically the parts will be free, but customers would be responsible for shipping. They will of course be able to be tossed in a box with orders for no additional cost. If lowers were bought through us they'll be eligible to get upgrade kits from us free. If they were bought direct from NFA, or another distributor, they will need to go back through NFA to receive the parts as I understand it currently.

We'll also have for sale the "upgrade kit" for a cost (unsure at this time) for people to upgrade their Plum Crazy lowers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters

I got good news! A little birdy tells me in the near future the original 2000 New Frontier out there will be getting a FREE upgrade of components.....If lowers were bought through us they'll be eligible to get upgrade kits from us free.

That is great news!! I'll keep my eye on this and schedule my next Joe Bob order accordingly.
Thanks Joe Bob's for staying on top of this! Stuff like this is why you will continue to get my business.

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but you can install this spring set
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/579878/...b-reduced-power
with the original trigger and you have a very nice trigger for under $10. I installed a set in a Plum Crazy lower and was impressed with the difference. They also have a 4 1/2 lb spring set as well, but I've not used it. Before anyone worries about light strikes, I reload with CCI primers, which are, I believe, the hardest primer made and I've put hundreds of rounds through it with not one light strike. Before you spend more on a trigger, try it.

Originally Posted By: JB55I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but you can install this spring set
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/579878/...b-reduced-power
with the original trigger and you have a very nice trigger for under $10. I installed a set in a Plum Crazy lower and was impressed with the difference. They also have a 4 1/2 lb spring set as well, but I've not used it. Before anyone worries about light strikes, I reload with CCI primers, which are, I believe, the hardest primer made and I've put hundreds of rounds through it with not one light strike. Before you spend more on a trigger, try it.

We sell a boatload of the JP Reduced Power Spring Kits. I haven't tried the JP springs in the PC/NFA polymer lowers but I'd bet they are good!

Originally Posted By: Corn FedJoe, just ordered a NF lower. So, I will be able to get the updated parts for free?

What was your order date? If it was any day after 2/23 then you'll have new parts already installed.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: Corn FedJoe, just ordered a NF lower. So, I will be able to get the updated parts for free?

What was your order date? If it was any day after 2/23 then you'll have new parts already installed.

Ok...it was just a couple days ago.ABout how long are lead times riht now?

Before you run out and change out the trigger set, break the lower in as instructed by the maker. It doesn't take long and works better that way.

Yep the j&p works great in the plum crazy, though i did have a couple of light strikes while breaking in the pc lower using a 6.8 upper. I went back to the factory spring set for the break in and no more problems, after the break in i swapped back to the j&p and no problems.

I have a set of j&p's here for the nf when it's here and broken in, should be here this week. blue

bluealtered said:
Before you run out and change out the trigger set, break the lower in as instructed by the maker. It doesn't take long and works better that way.

How do they recogmend to break in the trigger?? Where can I find the info, nothing came with mine.

I can only use the pc recomended which was if i remember right to leave it alone until you have a 100? rounds through it. I'm doing this from memory of a year or more ago.

I can't comment on the nf yet as i haven't got mine yet. So maybe joe bob can set us straight on the new frontier.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Corn FedOriginally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: Corn FedJoe, just ordered a NF lower. So, I will be able to get the updated parts for free?

Ok...it was just a couple days ago.ABout how long are lead times riht now?

If it was a couple days ago, I would estimate it would ship out approximately the 28th, give or take a few days based on incoming shipments and the backlog currently.

Regarding trigger break in. All triggers will break in a little. You can sit and watch TV and pull the trigger while catching the hammer over and over, a few hundred times, and you should be good to go. It doesn't have to be with live rounds necessarily. They have decent triggers, but might get a smidgen better with a little bit of operating break in.

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerWell I'll be. A few hundred hammer catches later and it is starting to work like a trigger now....

They will break in for sure. NORMALLY it shouldn't be that drastic, but it could have just been a little bit of plastic flashing causing yours to be worse off the get go.

Originally Posted By: extremehunter3853Joe bob im wanting to order a couple lowers this week any idea on wait time? I didnt know if u guys are catching up from the rush

We've been slammed, and I doubt it will lighten up much if at all through November. We've got close to 1000 lowers hopefully hitting us by the end of next week (staggered arrival). At this time if you order today, best guess would ship by end of next week.

Just placed my order for a NFA lower through JoeBob's... can't wait! Thanks for all the good info on here!

:)

Back