Any suggestions for a choke and shell combo for stoeger 2000

NMHunter51

Hello everyone,

I recently after much deliberation and info from my fellow predator masters have decided to order a stoeger 2000. I got a very good deal thru buds, and decided to pull the trigger on it. I know the stoeger comes with 5 different chokes in the box. I was wondering if anybody had some info on what choke and shell combo I should give a try. I will be using it for turkey hunting and predator hunting. So maximum effective is what im looking for. I have a carlsons dead coyote thats gonna get first chance, but what shells are good for the carlsons? Its the 26" barreled model in apg camo. Thanks in advance for the help!

Rick

Your best bet is to spend some time on the patterning board. If you choke shot too much, it will blow the pattern. It's a lot easier to do with larger pellets(buckshot) too.

I use a Carlson's dead coyote and 4 buck Federal. It works great but I don't ever try to shot long range with a scatter gun...

Nominal bore diameter of the Stoeger 2000 is .721. For best results, an extended choke tube with .40-.50 restriction is in order when using Hevi shot T,s or lead #4 BUCKshot. I would start with and extended and ported tube with .675 I.D. Not all shotguns are alike, so patterning on paper at 40 and 50 yards is very important. In speaking with other hunters, I learned that Hevi shot T,s will often impact at a different spot than does lead shot. The hevi shot T,s strike high and left for me when my red dot is set for dead on with lead #4 BUCK.

Last edited:
I use the dead coyote choke and the deadcoyote Ts in my 2000. I had to go to a Burris Speed bead to get it to work. POI changes with every brand of shell I have tried. I have gotten the best patterns from the dead coyote shells.

Back