New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

Torro2269 I was also wondering why you said you might have to return yours? Did I miss something?? Are you having problems with yours??? Good luck on that email they dont tend to like to email back when its a problem

Yes you are correct or return phone calls.
PM him if he doesn't see this. He would be glad to tell you his problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midwestpredator
You are correct on black and gummy cases. Thanks for that info. If you don't mine could you tell me what powder you are talking about.
Thanks

Being told by the manufacture to take a file to a brand new gun is kinda crappy if you ask me. Sounds like a band-aid for a more serious problem due to the lack of test firing the weapons that they build or actually building a quality rifle that functions to begin with. I'm sure glad that I spent a little more money on a Daniel Defense for my coyote hunting and don't have any of these issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Take The ShotBeing told by the manufacture to take a file to a brand new gun is kinda crappy if you ask me. Sounds like a band-aid for a more serious problem due to the lack of test firing the weapons that they build or actually building a quality rifle that functions to begin with. I'm sure glad that I spent a little more money on a Daniel Defense for my coyote hunting and don't have any of these issues.
Great choice! Can't go wrong with a DD.

Originally Posted By: VaporWow, more bashing of a paying sponsor? Just another reason I love this place. I've been a reader for years, finally sign up and all of a sudden, its open season on sponsors?
Glad my dime isn't tied to this nonsense

Vapor,
The real problem here is perspective. If it were your rifle I would bet it would be you complaining instead of having a complacent attitude!
Think about tghat before you complain aout someone posting facts on a forum or, don't come here and listen.
I, like many appreciate knowing when a sponsor or anyone other company is not acting as it should!
Nuff said!
Greg

alright sorry it took so long to get back here and post.

id like to clarify that oly didnt suggest that i file anything. Andy told me I can box it up and send it in but since i had a gun destroyed in shipping last yr im hesitant to ship them. instead i asked andy if a little filing would hurt anything and he told me not in that particular spot and that so long as i didnt jackhammer the thing there would be no issue with warranties later on if needed.

i wanted to post some pics but i cant seem to figure it out. any ideas???

midwestpredator mine came already filed down. Im going to try and post pics of it later tonight when i get home. so check back to see it. My only thing is if its that big of a problem where they have to file them down at the factory now before they ship them why not go to a different magazine? I would wait on filing it [beeep] until you see mine because its just a little filing and i wouldnt want you to mess up a $100. mag. The other problem i noticed on mine was when i shot it the other day I put about 40 rds through it. I would load three and do a shot group. My first round always came out ok but my next two brass casing would be dented in at the top of the neck. So now I dont know if i can get them reloaded. I have no idea what is causing it.

Ya I asked andy if they were doing then diff now cuz I saw a youtube video of one and it was already taken out. He replied that they have not switched anything about them.This is a very low serial number gun so im sure I got the early mag design.

I have already filed it down. And you are right it didn't require very much. I used a dremel and a small grinding wheel.

Please post pics. I also have some but can't get them loaded on here.

As far as the dented neck I am not sure what could cause that, are there any scoring marks or scratches along with the dent or just a clean dent with no signs of tooling marks?

Last edited:
Once I get in a position to order one this comes up.
Quess I'll wait until someone else realizes there is a market-I think alot of us are waiting!!

Alright guys im getting ready to make a new thread with my range report on my UMAR 22-250. Its going to have lots of pics so stop by and check it out

UPDATE

Hello,

Sorry for taking such a long time to respond. I was advised to stop posting comments and updates until the troubles I was having with Olympic Arms were resolved, having said that I will update you on the situation at hand.

I was finally contacted by Olympic Arms. They offered to replace my defective with a new rifle. I declined their offer for a new rifle and I asked them to refund my money.

Beyond their products lacking quality control, I feel their company’s procedure and employee interaction policies put little or no emphasizes on being polite to the customer and resolving their issues simultaneously without a hassle. One of the biggest problems is that they refuse to listen to the customer’s wants & needs and do not want to be told to anything, especially by their customers.

I my opinion Olympic Arms needs to understand this is an aggressive market with countless manufactures selling AR-15’s, AR-15 related products and accessories, the only thing that will distinguish Olympic Arms from their competitors is how they take care of their customers. They need to make certain WE the customers are happy. A happy customer will come back and bring all of their friends. The customer’s experience interacting with and buying from Olympic Arms will determine if WE will become return customers and give others positive feedback in regards to the company and their product. A positive experience assures repeat customers. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, if the word is good to go it can be an inexpensive way of getting business, nevertheless if the word is bad it will start spreading faster than bed bugs making it extremely difficult for these companies to retain their current customers and more expensive trying to acquire new potential customers.

How Olympic Arms treats their customers that are willing to give them their hard earned money for their products and services is very critical in this competitive AR-15 market. If they continue to be rude and deceiving to their customers and making them unhappy, they will end up running out of people to be rude and deceiving to. Additionally, each time they make a customer unhappy, their potential customer pool will decrease accordingly. As the potential customer pool decreases, the advertising cost per new customer will increase. No one is going to get anywhere with customer relations until they recognize that WE as customers are valued assets, not dumb milk cows for money.

Thank you all for your support and comments.

CSVCA Kevin.

Last edited:
Amen. Customers are what keep a business alive and without people forking out money for a product that works as advertised & proper customer service, they would not have a business to run. Word of mouth is the best promotion for a business as well as being able to make it close it's doors so hopefully the people at Oly Arms take the constructive criticism and actually make the necessary changes to have a thriving business or else they will a distant memory while the competition leaves them in the dust.

For those of you new to the AR world looking to make your first purchase, the internet is your best friend for reviews so do extensive research before you decide to dive in on an expensive purchase only to be let down.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tactical assaultOriginally Posted By: Hail CaesarDid they refund your money??? Or did this just happen?

We thinking the same thing!!!

This just happened the day I posted the update. I am blessed to have received a full cash refund. I will tell you that it was not easy to obtain and the course of action was very time consuming. I am disappointed things turned out the way they did, I really like the idea of the UMAR 22-250 but I dislike the poor quality control and the appalling customer service.

Hail Caesar, you are 100% accurate on you posts about Olympic arms.

Back