i had some os the best running last night

vargy

i went south of here about 50 miles last night to run with a friend.i got there just before 10. we blew the siren in about 3 diff places and couldnt get any to bark back all we are doing with the siren is locating them. so we casted a few hounds up a draw and wasnt long they were jumped. we got up to the north side on a dirt road near a corn field and could here them good. we started adding hounds to the race.before long we had 16 hounds screaming. it was one of the best races that i have seen. all hounds stayed packed up good and they never left the corn field.5 diff times they came with in the end rows of the corn right next to us.( less then 50 feet)after about 3 hours of this they had a real bad loose. most hounds came to the truck and we loaded them. my blondi and cindy hound dint give up and stayed out. wasnt 15 mins and they found the yote again and was running hard. so i dumped the dog box again and the race was on again.about a hour later they crossed the north road and got right up near a pig farmers house. i thought we were going to get in trouble. 12 hounds screaming in this guys yard. yes the yote run right in the guys yard.then just like it started it all stoped just like that.i dont know if the yote went in a hog lot and the hounds couldnt smell it any more of if it went into something and got away.it went from 12 hounds just a screaming to total silance just like that. after about 20 mins of the hounds still looking and we are trying to get them away from this guys house we finally got all caught at around 3:30 this morning.

Vargy

Boy, were you lucky that farmer wasn't home. Otherwise you'd had to do some fast talkin' and lotsa' "I'm sorry's", LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Weasel-UT that thought is in my mind every time i turn a hound loose. but when you are running yotes there aint alot you can do. last night we were right with the hounds. but that dont always happen like that.
Mashtare you always have lead hounds. but last night the whole pack run together. they got strung out a little bit but they all did a great job for as hard as they all run. a few weeks ago i was running near my house and at 5:00am the hounds were running right around a guys house. i went back that morning and talked to the guy and he was real nice about it and had wished we would of caught the yote.

Vargy

Vargy are all the hounds yours ? How often do you run in the summer? Do they catch many coyotes in the summer? If I turned 15 loose around here it wouldn't be long before you'd have a deer chase!

Mashtare last night 9 of the 16 hounds were mine. we do have deer races once in a while. but we try and start the yote with deer broke hounds first and then add hounds to the race. i do have a couple hounds that i can say are not broke yet. but i just traded my one dog trash breaker in for a 2 dog unit. should have it in a week. the onces that arent broke yet are going to have some learning lol

Vargy

Vargy

Back