Decoy up a pair for my Dad...he lays them down! (pics)

TonyTebbe

My Dad, Ralph Tebbe, is down for a hunt. We are waiting for my brother, Ken, to arrive this afternoon from TX, for a good family decoy dog hunt. We called up 4 yesterday morning, in 4 stands, but none wanted to play with the dogs...just trash talk.

trashtalk2.jpg

trashtalk3.jpg

trashtalk1.jpg

This morning, I took my new dog Bullet that I am training, along with Gunner. His maiden voyage out and we had a hard charging pair, ready to defend their areas. Dad ended up getting them both, after some great work from the dogs.

Dad drops the first one, as Bullet was running to them.
dad1-1.jpg

The female gets all fired up, as Gunner and Bullet finish dispatching her mate.
dad4-1.jpg

dad5-1.jpg

After they dispatch him, they took after the female and decoyed her back to her demise.
dad2-1.jpg

Second shot and second coyote down.
dad3-1.jpg

This dual team is flat tired and hot...time to water.
dad7-1.jpg

My Dad...in his 70s and still putting coyotes down. I think he's hooked on the decoying action, now.
smile.gif

dad8-1.jpg

Very pleased with how Bullet did on his first stand. Been working with him in the yard, but you never know if it'll stick or got to heck in a hand basket.
smile.gif

Thought I'd share with yall.

Tony

Looks and sounds like a ton of fun! Great to see your dad out there with you making memories.

BTW your dad looks much taller than you! Sorry couldn't help it.

Real nice outing Tony! I hope my kids remember their time in the field with me as fondly as I do with my old man.... He still gets out and gives the turkeys a hurtin' at 76. Nice story and pics...

Nice post again Tony. I always get a kick out of how pleased gunner looks with himself while he's covered with blood. He truley loves hos job.

Nice job Ralph Tebbe...Tony how did you get Ken away from Nancy long enough to go hunting??? Nice work and Good Luck this week!!!

Great pictures. That's great your dad likes to hunt. Mine would rather read a book. It was his dad that taught me. He starting taking me on trips when I was eight. Enjoy your family!

I emailed you with some questions on the pup.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It was my dad's first time using an AR, as well. He pulled the shots a bit, because I forgot to explain what a 2-stage trigger was.
smile.gif
It all ended well. Good action, good training, and 2 dead coyotes. We made 3 more stands after this one, before it got too hot. Called 1 in, but it never came in close enough for a clean shot. Looking forward to the next couple of days.

Here are some more pics from today...

tonystealth2.jpg

One worn out Gunner.
gunnerrest1.jpg

Rested up and ready for the next stand.
gunnerbulletride1.jpg

Shameless plug.
smile.gif

pusticker4.jpg

Will read my emails when I get a chance. In hunting mode this week.

Thanks again

Tony

Thanks for the pictures of Dad and you and the decoy dogs. As we get older these times mean so much to Ralph as he worked afternoon shifts as Tony & Ken were young. So he is getting to enjoy good times with his sons. He is 74 and Tony is 43 and Ken is 47 so this is a great father-sons hunts. Please post more stories and pictures of this. Miss you all and have fun. Lonesome MOM.

Tony, that is great stuff. I sure wish my dad and brother were still around, as we sure had good times behind the beagles after rabbits. Thanks for sharing.

Nice to see your dad laying the smack down on them coyotes. Your new dog has an interesting look to him.....looks like he is enjoying the work too.

So did your brother get into the family business of slapping some coyotes around?

Looks like a really nice time Tony, thanks for sharing.

Great story,and pic's. Nothing better than father and Sons hunting together. I know as I am the "old Man" now and how much I enjoy it when I can. Sons grow up have their own jobs, Family,and responsibilities, makes it hard to do. Cherish these moments, you are making memories.

Hahaha. That's scary!
lol.gif

That's my new and improved, TT Stealth Lanyard II. It's the bomb! (no pun intended)
smile.gif

stealthcloseup.jpg

Had another good morning, before the wind kicked up. Fog was thick as pee soup, the last 2 mornings. Should of killed 9...but killed alot less.
grin.gif
It was a very enjoyable family hunt.

Tony

Back