Winchester Mod70 "Black Shadow"

VarmintsBeware

I found a real nice Winchester Mod70 "Black Shadow" in 7mm rem mag at Cabela's here in Utah.
I am asking anyone that may have an opinion on this particular model of rifle called the "Black Shadow". It is black synthetic stock with blue barrel rifle, seems to be in pretty decent condition.
Any suggestions or opinions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Wayne

I have one in 270wsm, had to have something done with the trigger, after that it shoots real well. Kind of a cheap feeling stock, I try not to let that bother me. It stays zero'd in well, so the fit must not be too bad. I take it out alot, if that says anything. I would go for it so long as it is not overpriced.
Barry

real nice, pretty decent condition???? Kinda contradicting each other. Is its real nice, or pretty decent condition? Like said, the stocks are kinda funky looking but still an OK rifle. Just guessing, around $400.00, depending on condition and how bad you want it. If Cabela's is anything like Bass Pro, their used stuff is way to high. JMO

Thank you panhed and pyscodog for your input. Since they have the bolt zip tied down I am unable to look into the chamber area. The rifle on the outside is in real clean condition. It is on thier used rack for 399.00

I will probably keep looking to see what else I can find. I used to have a 300 win mag, but I am leaning towards a 308 caliber now.

Once again, thank you for the input.

Ask them to cut the zip tie so you can inspect the rifle. Sounds like it is a used rifle???? I would not buy a rifle I had not at least looked at to my satisfaction. What do you plan to shoot with it? 7mm Remington Magnum is way more than you "need" for Deer but it certainly works. And for the record .330 Winchester magnum is a .308 caliber and the 7mm obviously is not so I am not sure what you meant by your last sentence.

2 of my buddies have Win Black Shadows one in 243 wssm and the other in 223 wssm. As for the model itself, I love the way it fits me, and they shoot well. I haven't shot the 223 wssm much, but the 243 wssm shoots great. My buddy hammered and antelope with it at 400+.

They are pretty good rifles other than the stock which I think looks and feels kind of cheap.But they shoot good and you can adjust the trigger were you want it.Mine is in a 270 WSM.

Thanks everyone for thier input. Next time I go to cabelas I will have them cut the zip tie so I can inspect it real good, if it is still on the rack.

The stock does look a little cheap, like its a low grade model 70, but I read winchesters website and it looked like a decent average priced rifle. It also didnt feel to bad when handling it and shouldering it.

If I do go with a 7mm mag, I plan on using it for larger game like mule or whitetail deer and elk. I already have a 243 for coyotes and antelope.

Unless I find a 308, either brand new or used that is priced right for my budget.

Once again, thanks to all for thier input

Back