New Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250 is having problems. Please help.

Well I got my UMAR 22-250 today and so far I love it. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet but the looks and feel of this thing is awesome. I had a RRA elite operator stock put on it. Theres only two things I dont like right now and that is the trigger and the magazine. The trigger is stiff. I dont like how you cant load the magazine in the magazine well without chambering a round. Of course when I called my dealer and asked him if this was how it was suppose to be, He was a dick and told me that I was just looking for something to be wrong with it from everything I had heard on PM. He then told me he wasnt going to play these games with me and for me to just bring it back and he would give me a full refund. A part of me wants to and tell him to shove it up his [beeep]!!! The other part of me likes this rifle to much to return it because of some prick dealer!!!

If a dealer talked to me like that I would return the rifle and take him up on that full refund, tell him to shove it up his *** and never buy anything from that store again. Any dealer that would talk to a customer like that should be put out of business.

Originally Posted By: cmil84Well I got my UMAR 22-250 today and so far I love it. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet but the looks and feel of this thing is awesome. I had a RRA elite operator stock put on it. Theres only two things I dont like right now and that is the trigger and the magazine. The trigger is stiff. I dont like how you cant load the magazine in the magazine well without chambering a round. Of course when I called my dealer and asked him if this was how it was suppose to be, He was a dick and told me that I was just looking for something to be wrong with it from everything I had heard on PM. He then told me he wasnt going to play these games with me and for me to just bring it back and he would give me a full refund. A part of me wants to and tell him to shove it up his [beeep]!!! The other part of me likes this rifle to much to return it because of some prick dealer!!!

Which dealer is that???? PM me if you want.

Al

Cmil84, go ahead and post his name here. If he acts like that not only does he deserve it, but he should expect it. Actions come with consequences and that applies to business as well as life.

We are a big group here and just like the NRA we should use it and never apologize for it.

I would of thought PM would sponsor only good reputable sponsors. Why subject members to crappy lower than average sponsors to make a $? I know of some sites that have standards when it comes to who they sponsor. If they sell crappy items and have a reputation of being out for the money only and bad CC, they do not get to advertise on their sites. I think PM should help their members and get rid of sponsors who fall short of taking care of their customers. Its also PM who gets a reputation not only the sponsor. It's like who you hang out with kinda.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: compaq12 If they sell crappy items and have a reputation of being out for the money only and bad CC, they do not get to advertise on their sites. I think PM should help their members and get rid of sponsors who fall short of taking care of their customers.
If a product is manufactured thats not up to par with the consumers/buyers needs or "wants" then that product will fail... its not up to Predator Masters to dictate who makes a good or crappy product... its the free market brother, if the demand is there and its a good product it will sell "if" not, people will find out...

This is why PM should have a "Bad Deal" thread for forum sponsors just like they do in the classifieds. It's only fair even if they are paying sponsors to prevent others from being swindled into junk products, poor customer service etc etc.

Originally Posted By: Take The ShotThis is why PM should have a "Bad Deal" thread for forum sponsors just like they do in the classifieds. It's only fair even if they are paying sponsors to prevent others from being swindled into junk products, poor customer service etc etc.

I'm kinda thinking this thread could be considered it a "bad deal" thread.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: Take The ShotThis is why PM should have a "Bad Deal" thread for forum sponsors just like they do in the classifieds. It's only fair even if they are paying sponsors to prevent others from being swindled into junk products, poor customer service etc etc.

I'm kinda thinking this thread could be considered it a "bad deal" thread.

I'm with you doggin!!!

Agree with Skinney. It's not Predator Master's job to make recommendations or not on quality of its' sponsors. The free market will work- when work gets out, good or bad, it will have its effect. What this forum will do is we as individuals can help get that work out quicker and more efficiently to allow the free market to do its job and reward the good and cull the bad.

We come here to share our experiences and learn from others. Not to mention to enjoy the fellowship with individuals with our common love for guns and the outdoors. Put your experiences out there.

Originally Posted By: shermanrmI don't understand-Why do you have to chamber a round to load the mag?
If this is true than the problem is in the bolt catch as you should be able to manually hold the bolt back, engage the bolt catch, insert the mag and NOT chamber a round, even if the mag isn't seating right.

Ok guys I havent been on for a couple days so I will catch this up. I found out you do not have to chamber a round to load the mag. However you do need to have bullets in the mag to load it in the mag well. It seems like it has something to do with the follower. As if it sets to high when the mag is empty. If you put a round in the magazine it pushes it down far enough that it locks in. If you dont have a round in the magazine its as if the follower is stopping it from going all the in. Other than that So far I love my rifle hopefully I dont have any problems with it

I do not have this mag problem with mine I can put it in at anytime. Loaded or unloaded for travel. Its not like you want that thing floating around the truck at $100 each. You kick it our by accident it will mess up your whole day. And you cant just go to the local gun store to buy one. Anyway sorry to hear that hope you figure out whats wrong.

I just wanted to see were this ranked on Number of replies for a post. This tread is in the top ten. Of all time. It has struck a nerve with all of us both sides. I am going to email the gunsmith at Oly today and see what he recommends. If I have to return it. I will keep you all posted.

thread.jpg

Hey toro2269 I dont know but I have talked to several people who have the UMAR 22-250 and theres does the same thing mine does. We cant load are mags in without atleast having one round in the mag. It doesnt have to be chambered it just needs to be in the mag. So maybe all of ours is messed up and you got the good one. I talked to a dealer who has 4 of them in his shop and all 4 of them are like that. Also PM member skinney his is also like that. I have a friend that has one and his is the same. Once he told me that I had to have rounds in the mag mine locked right in. So maybe we all have messed up guns. IDK??? Also tatical assault, whats your pic of? Its not loading on my computer. Just wondering if you had something good to show us.

Back