Predator hunting chair!!!!!

jimmyg75

I was just in Cabelas and they have the "gobbler lounger" hunting chair on sale for only $19.99, for those of you who never used one they are the most comfortable hunting chair I have used. They are the perfect height for Predator hunting and using with bi-pod or shooting sticks. I bought 2 more, that is a great price, my first one I bought 2 years ago and I paid $39. Just passing on the info.

Jim G.

Jim, how's that for the back? I have back problems and have been looking for a comfortable chair. When I sit on the ground for a few stands it gets hard to get up and move.

Originally Posted By: NucleartechJim, how's that for the back? I have back problems and have been looking for a comfortable chair. When I sit on the ground for a few stands it gets hard to get up and move.

It's the best hunting chair I've ever used, and I've used quite a few. I've sat for hours in one. Mz. Kiz has back problems, and she swears by hers. I caught them on sale a couple of years ago and bought 3. They've held up well, which is more than I can say for a lot of my other hunting equipment.

They are a very comfortable chair. I find it a little hard to get up and out of it, but that's not a big thing considering the comfort while sitting for long periods of time. The back rest really helps keep me away from the Chiropractor.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I find it a little hard to get up and out of it

+1, mainly due to this spare tire I carry around my middle.

I've tried other chairs but these loungers are the most comfortable I've ever used. I've been using mine for a few years, and they've been quite durable. The only issue I had with them was with the carry strap and the nylon Velcro strap that keeps the chair compressed for carry. The carry strap wasn't very comfortable and kept getting caught up in the legs when folding the chair, and getting the little strap through the buckle was a major PIA, especially with gloves on, which for me means a lot of the time. Plus it was basically falling apart.

So I performed a couple of simple mods on mine. I kept the metal ring on each end of the chair, but got rid of the factory carry strap and closure. I had some beefy bungees laying around that were the perfect size, and just bent the hooks over so they couldn't fall of the rings, then used some bungees with balls on the end (they are usually used for keeping extension cords together and can be found at most hardware stores) and passed them through the same ring, and just tied an overhand knot to keep them in place.

Now the "sling" is much more comfortable to carry, and the closure holds more securely and best of all can be easily used even with gloves on.

Here are some pics:

SaltLakeCity-20120314-00070.jpg

SaltLakeCity-20120314-00071.jpg

SaltLakeCity-20120314-00072.jpg

I bought 2 of these over christmas. They are buy far the most comfortable hunting chair I have ever used. I am 6'-4" tall and weigh 250lbs. They are built rugged and solid. Only trouble I have with mine is trying not to fall asleep in it - Yes it is that comfortable.

Originally Posted By: eneranchLooks like $34.99 online to me.

Gobbler Lounger

I was at the store in Rogers MN yesterday and they had 2 pallets of them with a big sign that said 19.99 I bought a couple. maybe you could order them directly from this store.

And yes they are good on your back, and easy to doze off in.

If a critter comes in from behind you it kinda sucks getting turned but thats in any chair really.

Good idea with the ball bungee for holding it closed, can be a chore in the cold trying to feed the little velcro strap thru the buckle.

Last edited:
I used one while out hunting with Tom Austin and it was great. easy to haul and gives a comfortable but stable sit while trying to makes those long shots.

I've had one for years. They are awesome. I painted the black back of mine. Thought it was strange that it was black and so are Tom turkeys. Also switched the carrier for a real sling.

It's a little awkward on steep slopes. I would only use them with good cover behind me. They are hard to turn around in to the right if you are right handed.

I have four of them though.

Last edited:
I looked at these late last year, but wasn't sure about being able to pivot quitely/ easely, and they looked a bit much to carry around with everything else. Sitting on slopes looked like a problem as well. I carry the little Hunter Specialties web chair with 2 legs a little shorter then the other two for sitting on a incline. I hunt alot of ridges.

I use one of the HS fold up turkey seats.It has shorter legs on one side and it dont set to high off the ground.It folds down flat for carring.

I bought 4 last year on sale for $20 each, To have a few in closet for spares, I had 1 break after 4 yrs of hard use.
Best chair ever I use mine for deer hunting too.

Glad to hear all the good reviews. I just ordered one last Friday, along with a mojo critter... Cannot wait to get em out there.

I have two Turkey Loungers in my hunting rig for my clients to use. All love them and most have went and bought ones for themselves. Comfy and just the right height for calling.

Tony

Back