HS-802 with a Red LED? Anyone pick one up yet?

pmack and I got it. It's exactly like the red LED Sniper Destroyer when the Destroyer was first introduced. The early production Destroyer had a small dark spot near the center of the main beam that you could see on a white wall (it wasn't detectable in the field). A couple months after the Destroyer was introduced, the production Destroyer was improved to produce a perfect and slightly brighter beam.
For $30 shipped, the HS-802 red is a good buy.

I just picked one up to compare to my production destroyer and it is very close to on par with the production light. I ordered from "Lightmall" on the 12th and recieved on the 21st. I was very surprised as the shpg time. I will be ordering a couple more just to stick in differnt packs and vehicles.

I just got the same light but it is an Ultrafire uf-900. Paid 23.99 for it , it has the white led . But I just colored the lense with Dykem. I have 7.00 in the dykem . Tried it the other night and can identify animals in fields out to 200+ yds .

Ultrafire uf-900

Originally Posted By: Manny1972Hmmm, is this a 30$ kill light? Or are those different?

Looks very much like my xlr250....

Any part from the Hs-802 will work on the Killight Xlr250 and vice versa. Yeah, they're pretty much the same light. I got a red led emitter( same as Killight) from EWT when the HS-802 was available in white only, and it works perfectly.

The HS801 is the same configuration as the XLR250.
The HS802 (slightly larger lens)is the same configuration as the Sniper Destroyer. The LED pill length for the HS801 is different than the pill length for the HS802.

Originally Posted By: DANNY-LDo any batteries come with it and will any charger work?

This! I am about to order a kill light and wanted to know if this comes with a charger and battery.

Recieved the hs802 red today. Also got a charger and 4 of the sony 3000 batteries. Charged the batteries to full and installed in the 802 and the xlr100.

Just playing with them in the house the xlr 100 is substantially brighter. The 100 throws a larger circle, so maybe outside it will fade out at a closer distance. However, if you take the 802 and hold it about 3 feet from the wall and move the 100 in to about 18" , so both lights have the same size circle on the wall, the xlr 100 is way brighter. The xlr hurts my eyes to look at it on the wall but not so with the 802. For 30 bucks I can't complain. SHOuld serve me nicely as night hunting is only something I will do a couple times a year.

I'll check it out tonight shinning it up the street. Should be night hunting next week to give it the real test. Probably won't see any predators cuz i'm not that good but I'll certainly see how far I can ID a cow!

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: bulldawg21981I just got the same light but it is an Ultrafire uf-900. Paid 23.99 for it , it has the white led . But I just colored the lense with Dykem. I have 7.00 in the dykem . Tried it the other night and can identify animals in fields out to 200+ yds .

Ultrafire uf-900

I just got one of these, Man it's brite

OK, i got the red HS802 today. I'm a little disappointed with
it. I don't have anything to judge it buy but looks like maybe 100/125 yrd lite maxx. I'm going to try a filter on the
uf900 and compare the two.

Back