Decoy dog clips.

btech29

Made a few stands in Kansas Saturday. Got a few that were willing to work the dog. First stand I stacked a couple up on top of each other. The first was pretty aggressive until he seen me. Still managed to get him killed. The second worked pretty good as well. He went straight to the first one and laid down on him. When the dust settled they were laying only a few feet apart. These were both males.

Second stand called in a pair. They were not go getters like the first two but put on a pretty good show. On my big screen TV I could actually see the vapor trail go right over the one on the lefts back. I hate when I botch a chip shot.

Decoying coyotes. from btech29 on Vimeo.

A little dog work. from btech29 on Vimeo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KingzeroVery cool. What breed of dog do you have?

Thank you. She is a Catahoula/Cur cross. She is some of Duane's stock and Trapper2 trained her.

Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadThat's it. I gotta have one.

What is the theory on what is really going on with the interaction between coyotes and the dog?

Very cool video.
Territory

do you guys that have dogs feel like your percentage of kills has risen because of the dogs... or is it just that you hunt more often since you have the dogs...

Originally Posted By: SHamptonMy numbers haven't changed. I don't shoot a lot of times just to watch the action.

That's where I'm at. I really like watching the action. Very interesting. Kind of like watching really good bird dogs work.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersdo you guys that have dogs feel like your percentage of kills has risen because of the dogs... or is it just that you hunt more often since you have the dogs...

Im kinda like Scott. A lot of times I let the coyote get away because Im so caught up in watching the action. I think a guy could kill more with the dog certain times of the year and less with em at other times. It definitely makes filming easier though.

Very cool. I never get tired of watching those decoy dogs in action. If only I could convince the wife that we need another dog.....

my cousin had a dog that had some catahoula in her and she would kill every chicken and pen raised pheasant she got close enough to so she didn't last to long on the ranch.....thats some sweet video. i've called alot of coyotes and have never seen one lay on the dead one like that have you seen that before or have any idea why he did that?

Thanks guys. Im still using the GL2. I wish I could find a camera with a bigger viewer though. Its very difficult to keep the action in that little screen. Throw the sun in the mix and its really hard.

FANTASTIC! Your dog sure knows the game. That's some great footage you were able to get.

I thought sure as heck those two in the second vid were gonna get lined up just right for a 2-fer one.
smile.gif

Thanks for posting those.

Back