Savage Model 93R17 .17HMR Value?

Steel City Archer

I have an opportunity to buy a Savage Model 93R17 .17HMR Stainless spiral fluted heavy barrel for $350. About 150 rounds down the tube. Should I jump at this deal right away? I want to make sure this is as good of a deal as I think it is. Opinions please!

Thanks!

pop_wm_2912546.jpg

I would say it is a pretty good deal as a new stainless with a laminate stock is going to run more than that. The barrel is after market not sure of the manufacturer possible ER Shaw, the stock looks like a Boyds.

I would check on gunbroker.com or budsgunshop.com to find gun prices. It's a sharp looking rifle and the savage 17's are excellent shooting rifles, the standard model was my first rifle. The savage in the pic is the 93r17 BSEV, MSRP is $570. On budsgunshop I see a new one for $473 and buds has good prices on weapons. I'd personally say it's a good deal, but it's my opinion for what it's worth.

The 17hmr is a round that produces endless fun, I would love to add the BSEV to my arsenal.

Jon

Last edited:
I just bought a brand new one (93R17 BRJ) for $400. There are deals around. Its a decent deal, but not a screamer...

EDIT: I just realized what sub model you were refering to. I'd say a good deal that I, personally, would take. They are going for $489 local, here.

Last edited:
New Savage 93's are $300 all day long here in NE..That's just plain jane. Without a scope.. I would be all over that like white on rice...IMO..

Originally Posted By: cyotekler I would be all over that like white on rice...IMO..

Is that a shot at me??? I'm a white guy, and my last name is Rice!!! LOL

Shayne

Originally Posted By: RuddyI would say it is a pretty good deal as a new stainless with a laminate stock is going to run more than that. The barrel is after market not sure of the manufacturer possible ER Shaw, the stock looks like a Boyds.

Sorry my friend. You are incorrect all the way around. That is a stock Savage Model Mark II BSEV model that comes from Savage with that barrel and stock. Go to the Savage Arms website, click on Rimfire, Mark II model and then click on BSEV model and you'll see it for yourself. My suggestion is if you aren't sure, don't be posting incorrect information that might sway someone from scoring on a decent deal.

Originally Posted By: ShynlocoOriginally Posted By: RuddyI would say it is a pretty good deal as a new stainless with a laminate stock is going to run more than that. The barrel is after market not sure of the manufacturer possible ER Shaw, the stock looks like a Boyds.

Sorry my friend. You are incorrect all the way around. That is a stock Savage Model Mark II BSEV model that comes from Savage with that barrel and stock. Go to the Savage Arms website, click on Rimfire, Mark II model and then click on BSEV model and you'll see it for yourself. My suggestion is if you aren't sure, don't be posting incorrect information that might sway someone from scoring on a decent deal.

I'd think about taking your own advice, the stock is the boyds ss evolution, it does come with it from the factory though, and I'm sure the barrel is produced by someone else too, don't see savage spiral flutting barrels....

Originally Posted By: Hoyt572Originally Posted By: ShynlocoOriginally Posted By: RuddyI would say it is a pretty good deal as a new stainless with a laminate stock is going to run more than that. The barrel is after market not sure of the manufacturer possible ER Shaw, the stock looks like a Boyds.

I'd think about taking your own advice, the stock is the boyds ss evolution, it does come with it from the factory though, and I'm sure the barrel is produced by someone else too, don't see savage spiral flutting barrels....

Thats real cleaver Hoyt! My point was that the rifle came from Savage and was marketed by Savage as it comes from the factory that way and was NOT a piece-meal or altered job. I am well aware of who made the parts, but it still carries the Savage brand as an original rifle and is not a "hack job" as the comment suggested. Lighten up dude!

Last edited:
Back