Load data for .270 Superformance?

Not that I have found yet. In powder burn rate charts, Superformance rates just slower than H4831. So I started with a moderate load for H4831 from the Nosler #6 manual and worked up in 1/2gr. increments, watching closely for preasure signs. My 270 really likes this powder with both the Barnes 130 TTSX and Sierra 130 SPBT.

If you use the Barnes bullets remember they prefer to be seated further off the lands than other bullets. Barnes recommends .050 off. I have found that this does seem to be the sweet spot for these bullets.

Last edited:
I just received the 2012 reloading magazine from Hogden and as you said the Superformance is shown to be the next slower to H4831 and falls between H4831 and Win 780. Both the powders,4831 and 780 are great for .270 so I thought there may be load data for the Superformance available that missed the printing. I currently use H 4831 for my .270 as well.

It's my understanding that you can use Superformance in calibers not listed by Hodgdons, but you may not get "super" results. I believe they only published data for those rounds that really performed well with it (.243, 22-250, 300 WSM).

Back